It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! I am a Member!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hi there! My name is Kostas and I have recently been looking around the site and more than often a few topics have really caught my eye and I have been dying to comment but remembering I am not registered was a real pain! Any how I am now registered and I'd love to get involved!

Why am I here?
To get involved in deep conversations and gain other people's perspectives on current affairs.

So that's all for now (keeping this brief - It's all a little formal isn't it!) and if you'd like to know anything.. give me a shout!

'F'anks!

P.S - Any etiquette that I should be following?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Hi Kostas, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Welcome, Kostas.
Im "new" as well. Happy hunting, friednd.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thank you! It's weird because I have been a viewer for a while it's like I have entered the circle but I am very much on the edge of the circle just peering in ha ha

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Welcome, I hope you have just as much fun here as I do. I do have a question though, what on earth is 'F'anks!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
'Fanks' Hmmmm.. OK say this out aloud 'THANKS' but say it with a F instead of the TH and it's 'FANKS'.. It really is nothing grande or special lol although... my classroom door did have a special star above the door!!
Tacka
(Take Care)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Actually, if your even asking about etiquette, your ahead of the curve. I have one friendly suggestion - it was actually the subject of a Rant post I did recently.
Don't forget that often MUCH wisdom comes in through postings to a thread and not just the OP. Posters who chime in without reading through at least the several page and less variety can be really out of the loop in terms of the information and opinion flow.

Welcome to ATS - I look forward to reading your input.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Welcome! I'm new too, an as you can see I've been lurking since 2007. Hope we can both get involved here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm passed the curve!!! Thanks for the advice, I totally agree with the reading of the entire post! Thanks again!

Hey 2007...! You'll have to show me around! Your a Journalist or are you studying Journalism? Nice to meet you!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
it seems that the people who skip reading through posts do so as a way of life. Leaping before they look, you know?
It's infuriating to make points just to see people continue posting as if what you wrote is invisible. *sigh* So goes the life of the internet poster.

I, too, am on the edge of the circle, but thats the way I like it... a much better perspective of the whole. Some people truly can't see the forest for the trees.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

Hope you enjoy the ride! My recommendation is to watch the new topics posted, and start commenting there.....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, Kostas!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hey Mod thanks! I think I have already broken the rules...... my bad? It was purely accidental honestly! I have been commenting on the Threads outside of the Introduction threads... have I committed a crime already?!

Sorry sorry sorry!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

As I had posted in my first post to you, you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish, You just can't start any threads of your own until you have 20 posts under you belt.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
shouldn't take you long kostas. I signed up late last night and this is my 31st post. (i can't believe that.)
Be careful though, i think i'm getting addicted to stars (though i don't get the flag part yet.)
Seems I already have something like 23? I feel like it's grade school all over again. Though I don't think I get to trade my stars in for a rad pencil case at the end of the month

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Woah! Welcome to the flock!

Lots of stuff to see and learn here.

As for etiquette.. use your common sense. Have fun.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

You legend! I LOVE THAT PICTURE with the tin foil! "If those ET'S think they're getting me... another thing coming!' Brill! Thanks.

reply to post by MuchTooSerious

Hey, thanks again... the stars... nada clue! I have 6, can't work out if that makes me 'special' as in classroom door special or just good comments haha.. I also have flags! Nice to meet you!

top topics

join