It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yea, it's a hoax, the site I mean

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I was on the fence about this one, and was looking forward to seeing some more discussion on the matter.

Sadly though, I couldn't see past all the strawmen, topic changes etc, instigated from the plain-as-day 'attack dogs'.

This site is turning into utter crap lately. Think I'm going to vacate. GLP sucks as well. Maybe I'll just read books. Frankly, ATS is worse than MSM TV in many ways.

One side wanted to discuss it. The other side wanted to "remove it" and label everyone stupid. Remember that.
edit on 26-8-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Wait, so this thread was deemed a hoax because two posts that completely misrepresented what was said about the photos in the initial post? Did the mods even bother to read the initial post?

Those posts try to say the OP was hoaxing the actual photos of the location when the OP, in fact, claimed those photos to be both the same place as well as the real location. Yet, the location that Al Jazeera used as the location, which he was trying to show by those other pictures wasn't the real location, which was the point of his post, was completely ignored?

Nice to know all one has to do to send a thread to the Hoax bin is twist a post around then whine about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Here's Tom with the weather

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

This was a very badly researched OP admit it. It took me two hours to find the Al Jazeera video from where the screen shot in the OP was taken. This is not the way it should be, you should have provided us with the video. Facts will get checked and sometimes threads are put in the [HOAX!]-bin because of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
who cares about the footage being fake when all you have to do is look at the reporters gloating and smiles whenever they do a piece on lybia.

its like one big epic movie they are all glad to partake in.

no more seriousness and a carefull aproach to report on the conflicts.

war and destruction seem to be good when they further the agenda.

journalists these days are as great in acting as wrestlers.

what a poorly written script

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by lostjohnny

Sorry, but in this day and age you have to provide the original image as well, not the so-called original.

Not that I'm doubting you. But one image doesn't discount reality. Just like I have no doubt Iran had those photoshopped missiles. Maybe I won't go all the way, because their toy model plane photos for their airforce was a bit overstepping it.

However, the Evening Standard is a tabloid.

Yea tabloid. The stuff that gave us batboy?

The image I linked to was also used by many other national papers before it was found to have been doctored.

By the way, a tabloid is just the size of the paper, the other style being broadsheet of which we only have three national ones left in the UK.
You are thinking of the British "Red Tops" e.g. The Sun, the Star and The ex NOTW - all not worth reading.

The Standard, a reputable paper of 120 years which was and still is aimed at professional commuters in The City. It's content was always a fair mix of overseas, political and home topical stories.

Here's an RT news interview with Susan Lindauer from April to help us "read between the lines" - as if we don't know already!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

A lot of what those woman was saying is simply wrong. I stopped watching half way through it.

There is and was no ground war.

Lockbird was Gadaf. He somewhat admitted to it, and his defectors in the high ups said so. He probably asked the oil companies for the moneys because he didn't want to pay for it.

Remember now, this is the man who still thinks he's in charged even after his palace was looted and the capitol lost. I don't see any consistency between that and him paying the families. This is a stubborn man.

Just about the only thing she got right was that the opposition was not well organized....yet they won.

Ergo, I don't see this as bad. When I see gadaffi, I see him with borderline sex-slave "hot" women all the time in his travels. When I see the rebels, I see them acting like bros. When a female reporter walked by, with no religious clothing, and just her body armor, not a single rebel seemed to take any notice. They're modern people. And therefore, I am on the side of the rebels.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So this thread has been declared a Hoax.

I still know what I believe, the MSM are BSing us continually.

Thanks to all who cried Hoax. I'm just surprised you didn't state 'Nothing to see here, please go back to your reality T.V'
edit on 26/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Remember when we all said only the true clouded believers will day it's not a hoax?

Well yea. That's what you're doing. Please don't.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Remember when we all said only the true clouded believers will day it's not a hoax?

We didn't all say that.

Nevermind, sounds like you are threatening me know, please don't.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by wcitizen

This was a very badly researched OP admit it. It took me two hours to find the Al Jazeera video from where the screen shot in the OP was taken. This is not the way it should be, you should have provided us with the video. Facts will get checked and sometimes threads are put in the [HOAX!]-bin because of it.

Because there wasn't a link to ONE thing which YOU wanted to see, you say the WHOLE THING was' very badly researched'. I'm not even going to bother pointing out the fallacy in that logic. You've done nothing but moan on this thread anyway.

Many is the time I have spent a couple of hours researching something I'm interested in from a thread on ATS.
I didn't reply to your request because I really took exception to the tone and attitude with which you addressed me..

Nothing you've said proves that the ONE single picture you disagree with is a hoax, nothing you've said rebutts in any way the fact that the media is using false propaganda to hide the fact that what is going on in Libya is simply horrendous mass slaughter for oil and other resources. But don't worry yourself about that.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
So you disagree with the photo....others don't agree with you. BUT there is infinitely more information on this thread than that one photo - but for that you cry HOAX, and sadly the mods followed suit and dismissed the whole thread as lies.

I'd like to see some of these others explain their position. You included. You post stretched photos and compare them to a stamp sized one. Are you or anyone claiming that the dimensions argument holds? Also the whole palm tree was shown to be not true. Where is the original source for these? Whoever made this knowingly and with intent stretched the photos. That is the very definition of a hoax right there.

Do searches, there is loads of evidence of the degree of massive, massive fakery going on in the MSM, and there is a bloodbath being perpetrated in Libya by NATO forces and the MSM is colluding in hiding it.

Perhaps there is some media twisting going on. There always is. However you do not fake a war. It is 100% impossible. If you have doubts just check other sources including the common people. There is zero evidence to support the OP in this thread.

To those of you who have suppressed this discussion, I hope you can live with that.

I'm done with ATS.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well maybe this isn't real but a simple mistake, but it's still
most definitely a planned war

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

This a hoax? The hoax is all the reported News, that is the real hoax. It's like the reported revolution in Iraq, where only a handful of people were around, but the TV didn't let you see that. It's a famous rhetoric today ... "A real revolution, not like Iraq" ... as the spanish stated, when they took to the streets. The iraqi incident, being a few people, and mostly US soldiers doing the "roll of the statue".

But, that Ghaddafi is going down, now that's a fact of course. It's not because Mr. Ghaddaffi is a bad bad guy, who eats kids. That is just PEOPLE being a nutcase. Mr. Ghaddaffi is probably the greatest threat today. This is the guy, who took two terrorists under his arms in the 1980's. Those who were accused of the plane bombing over scotland. The brits sent bombers to Lybia, and killed one of his Children. So, if you'd have told me, that it was Ghaddaffi behind 9/11. I'd have believed you. But when they tell me, it was a bunch of camel riding nomads in Afghanistan, I say they are liars and I keep to it. Mr. Osama Bin Ladin, didn't want to support them with his Al Qaida, so he had to be eliminated. Now, suddenly Al Qaida is helping the US ... just as they always did in reality, when they anounced their support for Saddam, during the Iraqi war. Knowing very well, that all their "support" would only result on more war against Saddam.

So, in my view, Mr. Ghaddafi is a threat. Because the US and Britain have killed some of his children. And if I were a man in the inside loop, I'd take and hide my children in a cave, much like Bin Ladin. Because I'm absolutely convinced, that he's going to get revenge. And, I am also absolutely positive, that he's going to get it too. So, do I think the war on lybia is justified? No. Do I think it is necessary? Yes, I do.

But, the powers at hand don't know when to stop, or how. They'll continue, until everything tumbles. Just like the economy ... because, using a billion dollar bomb, to blow up a mud hole, sure isn't economical.
edit on 26-8-2011 by bjarneorn because: Spell checking

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I'd like to see some of these others explain their position.

I am with wcitizen on this one, the media is a tool of war. I have already made my other comments about this.

However you do not fake a war. It is 100% impossible.

So what happened with 9/11? How did the US stick its nose into Vietnam? Most wars are started from deceit, subterfuge and opportunistic exploitation. Information management is a very important factor in today's connected world. The lies the British played in WW2 with Operation Overlord was a very important part to keep the Nazi tanks out of the landing and made a big difference to the outcome. The lies the media has played in Libya has resulted in a lot of defections and general confusion from the Libyan army.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Because there wasn't a link to ONE thing which YOU wanted to see, you say the WHOLE THING was' very badly researched'. I'm not even going to bother pointing out the fallacy in that logic. You've done nothing but moan on this thread anyway.

Good research presents all of the evidence not just the evidence that supports the researchers own beliefs.

I didn't reply to your request because I really took exception to the tone and attitude with which you addressed me..

Here are my posts

That's some pretty weak evidence for such a bold claim. The apparent lack of decorations on the wall might be due to compression artifacts. Any chance you could provide a link to the Al Jazeera clip in question so I can judge for myself? I found this but it doesn't show what we see in the OP. Thanks. Link

Again. Can you provide a link to the Al Jazeera clip in question or not? We can't judge the validity on this claim based on a tiny screen cap. Thanks. Link

I think I was being quite polite. The reason you say you took offense is open to speculation in my opinion.

Nothing you've said proves that the ONE single picture you disagree with is a hoax,

Maybe I should have spoon fed the message but I thought it was apparent. Below is a crop from the collage in your OP where they highlight the supposed lack of decorations in the footage from Al Jazeera (the top photo).

Below is a screen shot I made from the Al Jazeera footage you should have provided but didn't. At 2:27 we see a close up shot of the left arch and the decorations at the top are clearly visible.

Below is another screen shot I took from the same video at 2:33. The shot is zoomed out revealing the small middle arch. Notice how the decorations appear to have vanished. In reality they haven't of course, we simply can't see them because of video compression.

Here is the Al Jazeera video I took the screen shots from.

edit on 26-8-2011 by cripmeister because: removed blank space

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

I don't really recall the toppling of Saddam's statue being called much of anything. i remember it being declared victory over Iraq, that's about it.

Gadaffi has always been a loony toon. It didn't take his kids getting killed for that to happen. Most of his family has a long history of being off a bit.

I suspect his calls for an African Union on a gold standard were at hand for his removal. The man had the potential to become Hitler of Africa in about a decade or two.

As to the Media, I really haven't seen much to subject this is fake nor anything. Like you said, there's no point using a billion dollar bomb on a mud hole. Likewise, there's no reason to set up sets of events when you can just not go at all and get the same coverage from a lawless land.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

No, as the previous poster showed with the actual video, it;s quite real. There seems to be a growing "if it's alternative, it must be true" movement on ATS, and I'm afraid you seem to be part of it.

What you fail to realize, is that there is no difference between such logic, and "If it's on Fox, it must be true" logic.

Its the same ignorance. You should probably deny it. If you consider that a treat, than it is a threat that your world view is flawed, and that is evidence of a closed world view.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You'll believe it when our MSM tells the world it has faked footage. Outside of that it's all lies. Keep watching the TV.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join