It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Warzone personally? No. I did serve in the USN as a cryptologist and held a TS/SCI clearance, so unless I am apart of a special forces team I am not allowed into warzones.

Hardened soldiers don't just sit around and chat when there is gun fire, so some civilains I would expect would duct and cover. But, too be honest, debating this issue with you is a waste of time. I have my opinions and you have yours. Agree to disagree

Btw, for you to assume how the Libyan people feel about their lives is down right arrogant. Now I am off to watch the History Channel.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well f you want to troll and not read your own words ok then. But at least admit your're doing it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0c6c62516c9.jpg[/atsimg]

Note the difference in the dimensions and the height of the arches; the dimensions of the decorative design above the middle arch; the palm tree in the real one and its absence in the fake.

No, YOU'RE busted. Look at the the three pictures given for comparison, ALL of them look like completely different arches because the photos have been stretched width-wise! Look at them. They ALL look like completely different arches. The bottom one was stretched. The upper right was compressed width-wise. The middle one right above the bottom one might be unaltered.

So, looks like someone had some photoshop fun but didn't bother to tell us, all to further their own agenda / story.

The shadows can be explained since the sun is not shining from above. The lights are facing on the wall. Hence, the shadows are gone.

As far the video on Libyan rebels, it's so completely grainy, that you can't even make out anything in the background. It's not even worth including.

What is ATS coming too? Put some freaking effort into looking at the your co-called "proof" and spare us this travesty of "proof." This is a joke. And what about everyone else thus far who just comes along and agrees with the OP without seeing this?

WAKE UP ATS! You're just as bad as a "they" are if you in ignorance spread lies!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Sure. But you should know these are not well trained soldiers. These are people whom came from the land, grabbed a gun, and run.

Hell, if you want my opinion, now that every soldier, looter, and city dweller has a gun, it's unlikely there will be a dictator. It kind of forces the people in charge to listen to their people.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
i don't know, it looks like the pics of the supposed real buildings are compressed inwards and shot from a higher viewing angle while the ones in the supposed fake one is shot at a lower viewing angle with a wider shot..this makes a big difference in how you perceive the differences in the pics......

The difference is on the supposed fake behind the wall and archways is blackness, like its against sometjing or under cover...... In the real picture there is blue sky and open air. In fact the fake totaly is set indoors

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yea, I can barely make out the decoration in the crappy frame where it claims its not there.

I think thus just proves it actually was real.

EDIT

Think I found the video for you.

digitaljournal.com...
edit on 25-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

No that's not the one. I have checked the Al Jazeera youtube channel but I can't find it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm suggesting that this be moved to the hoax bin for the reasons that I showed the palm tree thing not being true. The images that are posted into one are stretched so that takes care of the dimensions. Also the original source for that "fake" picture is stamp sized so you cant really say anything from that.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I seriously gasped when I saw this. Most people figured from the start that we would be pulling some crap like this.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
not sure if this has been posted. but good job on the thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Found it! It was on the arabic Al Jazeera channel. Skip to 2:30

The supposed hoax is not a hoax after all, they really were in Green Square go figure eh

>>[HOAX!]

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

You make valid points on the pictures. The bottom one certainly looks stretched, and same to your observations on the others, except the Al Jazeera one. That one looks completely like a stage, the lighting and the missing decoration above the arch are give-aways.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Its come to the point where we need to scrutinize EVERY piece of media as the fight for your mind is getting more aggressive.. This is far from over.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
the real bummer is even IF citizens read this thread and believed every word, what could they really do? this MIC beast has one purpose, that being the worldwide hoarding of resources. its direction is not subject to the influence of common citizens and there aren't any rules. your 'vote'
is an illusion. you're a two year old "playing" video games, never realizing that your controller isn't even plugged in. we're all just watching the pretty pictures fly by.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

No, YOU'RE busted. Look at the the three pictures given for comparison, ALL of them look like completely different arches because the photos have been stretched width-wise! Look at them. They ALL look like completely different arches. The bottom one was stretched. The upper right was compressed width-wise. The middle one right above the bottom one might be unaltered.

Just to point out, the image at the top-left which is from AlJazeera is the "dodgy" one. The 3 other images (2 of which are stretched) are legitimate photos of that area in Libya.

Notice that the engraving/pattern above the arch appears on all images except the one which is from AlJazeera. In fact, other parts of the image look out of proportion compared to the 3 photos (i'm not talking about them being stretched).

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well...if this is all true and has been faked, it's one of the most insane things I've seen in quite sometime and I've seen some strange things. I must say however, I do watch CNN and was wondering why all of a sudden the rebels had control and why journalist were being held hostage. Also, I heard the supposed recording of Gadahfi's son played on CNN as rebels were kicking in his door. I found it strange that he seemed so cool, calm and collected during such a time, while on a cell phone. The call kind of ended with something like "they're kicking in my door now"...lol, and that was it! I was like "what
...just like that"...hmmm, seemed strange. I also noticed journalist reporting that had never been seen on CNN previously. Had not seen them in Yemen, Egypt nor Syria during their uprisings. CNN has a history of using the same journalist almost religiously. As of late, CNN has let go of several of their top TV personalities one after another as many other MSM's have as well over the past 6 months or so. Could it be that those reporters refused to take part in all of their lies?

Like I said, I do watch CNN(obviously), MSNBC and Fox. Reason being, for one I started taking note of all their top personalities were leaving or fired, two, as we have all noticed all three MSM's report their info different, often times the same stories contradict the other MSM. I wanted to see what was/is next, what are they up too besides disinfo? Not to mention all the new Euro reporters on American news TV. Nothing wrong with you Euros, it's just a huge influx of your reporters all of a sudden into our MSM, and I wonder why? Now we got Cheney chiming in letting us all know he wanted Libya when he was at the helm....these people are insane...lol! War hungry, fascist !^@&!%$ pigs! All of them! Obama (who I'm not shamed to admit I voted for) is the worst of them all. He's as spineless as a snake. Enough ranting...sorry guys

We ain't seen nothing yet...hold onto your hats folks, we may be in for a wild ride (as if we haven't already). CNN, has made their story about the hostage taking of journalist their topic daily and report in amazement on how well "their" journalist handled the situation. Surely, CNN will get an Emmy.

Oh BTW, as I have been watching CNN for the past 1 1/2 hour both Anderson Cooper and that Candy Crowley lady seem to get distracted every 2 minutes or so or they lose transmission while reporting on Libya or the weather. As a matter of fact, Anderson and the Euro black chic keep apologizing for technical difficulties as if it's a joke or something...they both actually laughed. This is better than watching Dave Chapelle and Richord Pryor put together...

On another note, my daughter just arrived in Philly to begin her freshman year at Temple Univ. Eighteen, years ago this same month I was a senior at Temple University pregnant with my daughter while Hurricane Andrew hit Florida...just thought it was ironic. I hope all you southeast/northeast/east coasters are safe from harm and I wish you the best.

Be safe and Well

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

This isn't the first time the media has faked war images. This was supposedly the scene of celebration when Saddam was defeated:
Fake Newspaper Footage Examined

The real image would have been of an empty square with maybe a few burned out vehicles.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Still, there it is. Real as you or me.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

Sorry, but in this day and age you have to provide the original image as well, not the so-called original.

Not that I'm doubting you. But one image doesn't discount reality. Just like I have no doubt Iran had those photoshopped missiles. Maybe I won't go all the way, because their toy model plane photos for their airforce was a bit overstepping it.

However, the Evening Standard is a tabloid.

Yea tabloid. The stuff that gave us batboy?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
People seriously believe this BS?

Unbelievable....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I did what wcitizen should have done before he started this thread, some very basic research. It is sad to see that so many of you ATSers swallowed the claims in the OP without even questioning them. I have requested that this thread be moved to [HOAX!].

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join