It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal rights out weigh human?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
His mistake was attempting to do the "right thing" and notify authorities.

Every farmer/rancher/land owner knows you should just bury it and never say a word to anyone.

That goes for any plant or animal.

Who the hell knows what's "protected" or "endangered" and will have your property confiscated or your rear in jail.

Funny enough if the guy or anyone else had been mauled the first thing the feds would do is track the bear down and kill it. So what do the feds want? To save a bear or to kill a human? Seems like they just want to kill something. Anything.
edit on 26-8-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As a pet owner I am appalled at some people’s attitude towards animals. Just because animals are unable to communicate in a way that we can understand, does not mean they are any less important and should be abused, mistreated, or killed. It is our responsibility as humans to protect all animals (humans included) from abuse.

If this bear was such a threat, why did he not call the ranger to have the bear moved/tagged?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScubaGirl
As a pet owner I am appalled at some people’s attitude towards animals. Just because animals are unable to communicate in a way that we can understand, does not mean they are any less important and should be abused, mistreated, or killed. It is our responsibility as humans to protect all animals (humans included) from abuse.

If this bear was such a threat, why did he not call the ranger to have the bear moved/tagged?

I hope you're vegetarian.

The idea that animal are "equal" can only come from people who don't believe there is anything different about humans. Hence there is nothing wrong about choosing to save, say, a chimp over a human child, when presented with only one option.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

The idea that animal are "equal" can only come from people who don't believe there is anything different about humans.

There is not, humans are just animals usually with high intelligence. He who does not value animal life will have little reasons to value human life, too.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
None of us has a right to judge this man, because most of us has never been in his situation.

I have never seen a grizzly in action, but have seen black bears, and If a black bears wants something, they will stop at nothing to get it. A locked door will not hold them off.

I would like to think that I would do things right, but as I imagine the situation in my own head, my family comes first, I would be scared to death about what mother bear would do if she felt that her young were threatened by the presents of humans.

He may or may not have fired a warning shot, but one things for sure, I'll bet he was scared to death and was only thinking about his own family's safety, instead of "gee I should find the phone number to the conservation office and just wait till they get here to take the bears back to the woods and maybe the bears will decide not to come back."

Come on people, what would you do if it were your family.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Yes there is a difference. But I don't expect materialists or those who are blinded by "enlightenment" to see how obviously the choice is a wrong one.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Shoot in the air first, the bear will usually run away. If not enough, dogs will chase him for sure.
He won't be back for long time and he will be alive and healthy.

Yes, the stupid guy should go to jail !!!

edit on 27-8-2011 by Patrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patrol
reply to post by 547000

Shoot in the air first, the bear will usually run away. If not enough, dogs will chase him for sure.
He won't be back for long time and he will be alive and healthy.

Yes, the stupid guy should go to jail !!!

edit on 27-8-2011 by Patrol because: (no reason given)

Depending on his local laws shooting in the air could land him in even more trouble than shooting the bear. Reckless endangerment and unlawful discharge to name a couple. Depending on his location there's also unlawful discharge within proximity to occupied structures and even brandishing.

Not to mention that firing into the air is very stupid and dangerous.

In much of the country you are more likley to get into trouble by attempting to avoid shooting than simply just shooting. Deterring measures such as presentation and discharge are usually criminal acts while shooting for center mass and potentially killing the target are justifiable. Some states go so far as to prohibit ownership of less-than-lethal ammunition. Disabling an intruder with a bean bag in these states will land you in jail. Eviscerating that intruder with 000 buck will not. Just more wondrous magic of almighty "law."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join