It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal rights out weigh human?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
www.cdapress.com...

Jeremy M. Hill, 33, pleaded not guilty in U.S. District Court to killing the animal with a rifle on his 20-acre property near Porthill, Idaho, at the Canadian border. He lives five miles from the closest grizzly bear recovery zone.

The grizzly bear is classified as a threatened species in the lower 48 states, according to the Endangered Species Act, and protected by federal law. Hill's charge is a misdemeanor.

Magistrate Judge Candy Dale set trial, at least for now, for Oct. 4.

Hill has declined comment. His lawyer, Marc Lyons of Coeur d'Alene, said he plans to defend Hill on the basis of self-defense and protection of family.

Following the hearing, his father, Mike Hill, of Athol, said, "This whole thing is a waste of taxpayer money."

He said his son was concerned for the safety of his children playing outside when a mother grizzly and two cubs wandered onto his property on May 8.

Jeremy Hill has six kids, ranging in age from 14 years old to 10 months old. At least five were home when the grizzly was killed, Mike Hill said.

The bears had gone after some pigs in a pen that the kids had been raising, Mike Hill said.

He said his son shot one of the bears, then called authorities to notify them of the kill. The other two bears ran off.

He said his son could have just buried the animal and not said anything to law enforcement. He said his son is being penalized for coming forward.

How is that a man cant defend his home and family any longer?

I guess if the guys kids were mauled that would be fine with the feds.

I guess we treat dangerous animals like any federal agent. Let them do as they will and ask no questions.....sorry. I dont cotton to that.

Hey, maybe this is part of the messiah's jobs program! Hire an animal day? It would explain the gorillas in the TSA LOL!

Before you tree hugger types come on here, dont bother. We hear plenty enough BS about "oh our Mother Earth is crying".

I dont care for the idea of killing a magnificent beast such as a bear. Really.

BUT!

If I want to get some bush time in and its me or a bear? Its toast. If it decides to go its way, so much the better. I would consider it a wonderful opportunity to see such a beast.

If it comes on my property and begins to damage/destroy/kill said property...its toast. I hear Bear is good but greasy.

We do need to remember, we too, are animals. The weak will not survive.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It is no coincidence that "mental" is a big part of environmental awareness. Everything is taken to the extreme these days.

I love the environment, but I'm no tree hugger. Well, I may have lovingly stroked a couple shrubs.

People just don't care about people. It is easier for us to prey on each other because all the big game is dying off.

Sad really.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
of course,

animals don't question nor talk back.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not sure Did this guy even try calling a ranger first? They will trap and move a nusience animal. The bears going after pigs??? says who? Bears rarly kill ((hunt ))) Welll these bears lol poler are different.
another thing Bears DEFINITELY don't teach hunting to there cubs .
More then likly the bears were attracted to the FEED TROUGH not the pigs.
So this is how it should work bear comes on property is NO emeadit threat to any one.
KEEP THE KIDS IN THE HOUSE. call a ranger a hour later they come over set out a live capture bear trap.
ONLY need to get momy cubs will be there regardless. then move them.
But I understand people like you wont be happy till the only way your kids can see lions tigers and bears O my.
Is with a photo.
Now if the bear is trying to attack you or kids then yes kill it . PIGS?? no pig trough who you kidding???

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

As much as I hate to see an animal killed that isn't a direct threat to a human, I have to disagree with the statement you made saying that " Bears DEFINITELY don't teach hunting to there cubs ." Oh yes they do, oh yes they do, oh yes they do! By teaching her cubs to approach a human home and kill livestock she WAS a nuisance animal and sets them up for future confrontations with people which they can only lose.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
God gave man dominion over all animals, they are entitled to nothing more than what we say they are.

However if he broke a law then i'm sure he will be prosecuted.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
4 some reason I think if a stranger went on his property he would do the samething / say the samething

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
animals belong in this world as much as people, it is a fallacy in thinking to believe that being human raises us 'above' animals. We are all here we all have the same inherent rights

Bears are a danger to humans that is true ,but keep in mind that humans are also a danger to humans and we can't go around killing people for driving by or house and staring at our kids

we aren't allowed to kill someone for killing our pets either

just food for thought

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

But bears will not go up to somebody's property and think to themselves, "maybe I shouldn't go on that guys property since it would be rude and invasive."

When bears can think logically like that you may compare them to humans.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
OP, are you an Idiot? Im in Post Falls Idaho right now 2 miles away from CDA and 10 from Athol. I know this area! When people move into these animal's territory what the (Snip) else do you expect? You think you are entitled to this land more then any bear is? They are just trying to survive, you are just bitching on you computer. I have alot more respect for wild animals then I have for people like you. Your not entitled to this land, you have it ass backwards, when you live in the wilderness and have to survive off the land then you might have an arguement, but god damnit I bet you couldn't survive one winter out here in north idaho like these bears. If its anyone who has a (snip) problem it should be the wildlife that has to put up with your ignorant bull, they were here before you were born. Have some damn respect! People like you (snip) me off.
edit on 25-8-2011 by asala because: for colorful language

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by MrsBlonde

When bears can think logically like that you may compare them to humans.

How about just firing a couple of warning shots in the air to scare the animal off instead of killing it? When humans start thinking more logically life might actually be better.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

The logical thing to do is kill the bear and remove any possible threat to the children. What if the shot just angers the bear and it charges.

Animals have no rights. If they would like to form together and protest this issue they are more than welcome. Oh wait they can't do that because they don't have the intelligence.

I also find it amusing how people have no problem killing mice or rats yet when it involves something bigger people get all upset. Aren't they all animals?

If you've ever killed a fly you have no business whining about saving the whales.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Animals have no rights. If they would like to form together and protest this issue they are more than welcome. Oh wait they can't do that because they don't have the intelligence.

This is exactly the reason why humans should protect them.

edit on 25-8-2011 by ACitizen because: grammar

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You seem to have a BS attitude, And
You are a damn fool!

Your more of a threat to the bear then the bear is a threat to you, And thats why I dont feel bad when bastards like you get eaten!

Go to church Kro, follow it up by yelling at a town hall meeting, go home be an assh*le, then ask your conservative father for forgiveness, Go protest how abortion is wrong, then kill something. I see your posts on here, You need some help man! and your avatar sucks!
edit on 25-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Bears are evil and should be shot on sight.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

So you are penalizing animals because they have no vocal cords to protest and express their intelligence to your liking? Yet they sense and feel pain the same way humans do? I think people like you need to have your vocal cords removed and then be skinned alive so that you can experience some of the horriffic anguish most animals feel at the hands of man. Only then will you reevaluate your thoughts to animals having no rights.

edit on 25-8-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

May God reincarnate you as an evil bear over and over and over again.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
animal activists, like hippys but not as laid back, must not of found the weed yet

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
if the rats or mice are in the wild were they belong then no problem let them alone .
its when they get in your home and breed out of control and spread sickness that they become a probem.
As a matter of fact your much more likly to be killed by a mouse then a bear buy a flea then a lion buy a fly then a tiger.
The real deadly critters are the ones benith our feet.
In 20 k years maybe bears killed 2k people in just a few mice rats killed 300 million.
And AGAIN the bears DID NOT WANT THE PIGS they wanted the pigs FOOD . And again BEARS DO NOT TEACH HUNTING (except poler)and RARELY hunt but will scavenge a wolf kill or a winter kill.
For Pity's sake alest learn about what you want to kill before you go wiping it out .
Back in the 1940ds ranchers in Texas complained cyots were kill cows (( total untrue but anyway))and extremely RARE maybe a calf once in a LONG WILE
so the government gave a bounty on ever one killed up to 25$ and they were almost wiped out .
a few years go by and now there million of jackrabbits eating up all the grass so now they complained they needed to kill them.
This is what happens when you don't have a clue as to what the animal really does .
A BEAR RARELY HUNTS try reading a bit before posting

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by 547000

May God reincarnate you as an evil bear over and over and over again.
Reincarnation is a lie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join