It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Goes All Out For Dirty Banker Deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Obama Goes All Out For Dirty Banker Deal

www.rollingstone.com

The idea behind this federally-guided “settlement” is to concentrate and centralize all the legal exposure accrued by this generation of grotesque banker corruption in one place, put one single price tag on it that everyone can live with, and then stuff the details into a titanium canister before shooting it into deep space.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Matt Taibbi explains how the banks, the Obama administration and the states attorney generals are set to exploit the living hell out of the American public.

The crooks are trying to keep all of the foreclosure fraud that was committed by the government approved GSEs and the major commercial banks from making is way through the legal system by preventing individual citizens from being able to bring suit against the banks.

They will accomplish this by having the government settle with the banks, rather than letting individual citizens sue the banks. They will hand over all the houses to the banks and rape the public.

You have to love "capitalism" in America today. These actions have nothing to do with free markets and everything to do with a fascist corrupt political system controlled by banking and oil interests.

www.rollingstone.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You are always right on.

Great find.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The lack of public outrage is what leaves me scratching my head.

It must have something to do with a perceived remoteness; what does this have to do with the average Joe? Maybe if your average Joe understood the opportunity costs to his better life, it stands a chance of getting traction. Everyone is aware how bad it sucks and is just resigned to the status quo.

May be that is what is needed. Someone more talented than myself needs to spell it out in basic terms for people. Example: If we did not incur so much national debt, X, Y, and Z would be available to Joe. If we did not off shore every stinking job there is, Joe could look forward to X pay, Y benefits, and Z future. If the Fed stopped their criminal activity, the dollar in Joe's wallet would buy him A, B, and C. ...or something along those lines.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

What a great article. Thanks for finding it and putting it out here. I sure as heck hope people read and start to unravel the bull knot that our government and banks have built. It will cost us our country I believe. The audacity these people have to pull something like this out of the bag of tricks...just amazing.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey, if this helps billionaires and corporations.....I'm all for it.

This is sure to create jobs.

S/F
edit on 24-8-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The banks were some of Obama's biggest donors.
guardian

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This makes me furious

It's not only people that bought more house than they could afford that are affected by all of this. Anyone who bought responsibly and then lost their job because the economic rug was swept from the world's feet when all the easy credit the banks issued went sour is hurt by this.

This country is governed by its' financial institutions and large corporations. People are so worried about preventing further deterioration but I don't think many really understand that that time has passed. I wonder what the catalyst will be for there to be enough outrage for the people to try to take back our country.

I don't understand why their aren't people parked on the steps of every Capital in the country on a daily basis protesting this nonsense and all the other BS that goes on.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
aren't people individually suing banks right now anyway? i hope something good happens to the people that were illegally foreclosed on.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

This just makes me feel sick. We have been looted and left with little recourse.

A related story:

The largest transfer of wealth from the public to private sector is about to begin. The federal government will be bulk-selling the massive portfolio of foreclosed homes now owned by HUD, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to private investors -- vulture funds.

These homes, which are now the property of the U.S. government, the U.S. taxpayer, U.S. citizens collectively, are going to be sold to private investor conglomerates at extraordinarily large discounts to real value.

In the process, these investors will instantaneously become the largest improved real estate owners and landlords in the world. The U.S. taxpayer will get pennies on the dollar for these homes and then be allowed to rent them back at market rates.

www.thestreet.com...

ETA: Some great comments on the article I linked. Read a few if you have the time.
edit on 24-8-2011 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
But think of all the jobs this will create. The more money and wealth they have, the better it works out for the common man/woman. It's been working so well so far....it only makes sense to make them even stronger. Surely we will reap the dividends!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, Op.

Florida's Pam Bondi has been a huge player regarding this.
See my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

We can't allow them to get away with this! I talk to as many people as I can about how they're robbing us blind. Sadly, I've met so many people who are still asleep, totally complacent, or don't give a damn.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This whole administration is nothing but crooks.

Thats all I have to say about that.

Lets just keep protecting those banks!!!!!!! Screw the people, they matter not.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
obama is a 90's republican

pappa bush would be proud !

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Great find, Mnemeth1. I love Taibbi.

I found the following poignant:

Why? My theory is that the Obama administration is trying to secure its 2012 campaign war chest with this settlement deal. If he can make this foreclosure thing go away for the banks, you can bet he'll win the contributions battle against the Republicans next summer. Which is good for him, I guess, but it seems to me that it might be time to wonder if is this the most disappointing president we've ever had.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Obama gives the banks more money, they give him more money, and the cycle continues. Same as every other bought and paid for politician.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
None of this is shocking.

Meanwhile, the media will not talk about this. They'll continue on with the partisan pony show

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
In America, you can buy your way out of THOUSANDS, yes THOUSANDS of felonies if you got enough money and enough bought off politicians.

No judge will man up and send your butt to jail... no cop will come and arrest you. No mob will lynch you for the sack of poo you are.

In America, if you are rich and a scum of the earth criminal, you are a free man.

(and then people wonder why a growing number are calling for lynch mobs)

In America, there is no rule of law. In America, it's ANARCHY that reigns.

Seriously, the stinking medias will defend this or ignore it, either way, they are traitors for doing so. And the same goes for Obamabots that will defend or ignore this. Enablers of tyranny, all of them.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Finally we are seeing some reasons why the banks have been engaged in un-lending !

The plan all along was to consolidate private property and sell it all off in lumped packages to the big investors !

I bet the banks won't hesitate to lend money for "repairs & improvements" to those real estate managment companies who will get the contracts to run the scam !

Might do wonders for some balance sheets too, since they can assign inflated values after the fact !

Just think, YOU could be the proud renter of the very same house YOU once owned !!

Whata country!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying

1. Steal trillions of dollars.

2. Pay billions to the cops to avoid prison.

3. Keep the difference.

4. Profit!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join