It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Preparing For Massive QUAKE & Meltdown - Rushing $15M Meals to NM Quake Zone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
reply to post by ignant

First off I am from Louisiana and a lot of blame is square on the people that did not leave before the hurricane, also on city and state officials who were so confused and incompetent they did not make the arrangements to get people out. Second the hurricane had little to do with the destruction of New Orleans, it was a result of the flooding after, a failure of levees, and pumps designed to pump out a city below sea level. Too many years of complete fraud and theft of funds meant to maintain the pumps and levees, after all who would have thought that a city below sea level would flood...DUH! So do not place blame on FEMA entirely, they should share blame in some aspects but Nagin, the Governor, and thousands of other officials have more blame at their feet. Do not allow the idiots in N.O. fool you as they were told over and over to get out and school buses were arranged to get them out but state officials said no to that plan.

As for FEMA preping for another EQ along the New Madrid, stage supplies is what they are suppose to do, does not mean they are preping for something specific and are not telling everyone about it. As for the goods being for the Army, believe me the Army has all they need without taking anything from FEMA.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HarrisonOD

The statement regarding FEMA and Katrina, and their reaction in New Orleans if absolutely true. NO did not have a Hurrican Event, they had a Levy Event. Living in Pensacola and going through many hurricanes, i.e. Ivan, NO did not get a hurricane. Katrina hit Miss. FEMA was not allowed in to NO until local officials requested help, which they did not do until it was to late. Pensacola was devistated by Ivan, and FEMA was wonderful. What happend in NO was a product of the residents, Mayor Nagan, and the state officials. It always drive me nuts when NO is referenced with Katrina. You never her the residents of Miss complain, and they are the ones that took the brunt of the storm. The highest recorded wind in NO was roughly a 90 mph gust. What happened in NO was a product of local corruption. Had nothing to do with the FEDS. It was kind of hard for rescue worker to get to the Dome when local gangs are shooting at rescue boats and helicopters. I had a NO family living with me after the storm, they never once blamed anyone other than their local gov.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
According to my local paper (not online unfortunately), Memphis and Nashville experienced tiny quakes measuring 1.9 and 1.8 respectively, an hour or so before the quake in VA.

Don't know what that means in geological terms, but I found it a wee bit interesting. Foreshocks over nine hours away? I don't know.

This is a good thread.

The possibility of a large quake on the NM is 90% by the year 2040. Source

The probability for an earthquake of magnitude 6.0 or greater is significant in the near future, with a 50% chance by the year 2000 and a 90% chance by the year 2040. A quake with a magnitude equal to that of the 1811- 1812 quakes could result in great loss of life and property damage in the billions of dollars. Scientists believe we could be overdue for a large earthquake and through research and public awareness may be able to prevent such losses.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

no i mean 2 thousand since organized religion decided the end of the world is coming anytime
as for a quake that happened in the 1800"s should determine when we are overdue than why is California not part of the pacific ocean as yet ??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join