It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Preparing For Massive QUAKE & Meltdown - Rushing $15M Meals to NM Quake Zone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
^
"Fema DHS requesting 14 MILLION emergency meals for the New Madrid Seismic Zone!! (Why would they order all of this, spend all of this money, if they're only "practicing" during NLE NMSZ in May of this year?!)

goo.gl...

The Weather Channel tells people in TN to PREPARE! They say Earth Quake in NMSZ is coming:

goo.gl...

More warnings from the Weather Channel! A warning to 10 million people: goo.gl...

Quake Scenario Maps VERY INFORMATIVE (Thanks seeingUFOsPA) goo.gl..." -lilmmonteiro

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is slightly alarming – as I live within distance of this fault zone, and would be affected by it.

I can only hope that it doesn’t happen – but if it does, then God be with us all.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
wow, that video on youtube is really scary. I'd be completely underwater if that scenario were to play out...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Something must be up,cause the weather channel vids are currently unavailable.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
FEMA is always preparing for the worst case scenario disaster. That is what FEMA does, why does any of this surprise you?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If this is true - the planning for a major disaster - then there are a lot of cruel or mindless people working at FEMA.

You really think they could plan such major disaster and no one would toll the bells.
Come on.

With the earth shaking as it is these days, I think its only normal that FEMA prepares.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don;t.

Can you imagine what the world would say if there IS a major quake and it took FEMA as long as the time in New Orleans to provide meals etc.?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
FEMA is always preparing for the worst case scenario disaster. That is what FEMA does, why does any of this surprise you?

Really? Like they were prepared for Katrina? I highly doubt they will be prepared for Irene as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by damingus

So, their being unprepared for one disaster means they have to be unprepared for all other disasters in the future, does it? Federal agencies aren't allowed to learn from their mistakes?

We should be happy that they're finally getting their heads out.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Would you rather have FEMA not prepared for something like that? I think they are just doing their job.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
true that.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by damingus

Really? Like they were prepared for Katrina? I highly doubt they will be prepared for Irene as well.

If you take into account ALL of the functions of FEMA, they are as 'prepared' or 'unprepared' as they need to be in any given situation. It all depends on what outcome they are looking for.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

exactly, who said its for the victims?

its likely for the military personnel only. i cant believe how people still think the government will actually help the masses during turmoil, even after Katrina!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
the video from the weather channel is from December 2010.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
thats only a segment in the vid.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
October 28th, they are going through with project blue beam. And according to some the 1st stage of project blue beam is to artifically create EQ's in which they are supposed to find ancient evidence from long lost civilizations that would rebuke any religon currently in use. hmmmm

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My first thought when it came to both quakes was "man made" because of how shallow both quakes are, and that both were located in two areas where earthquakes are not very common and no fault lines lay.

I think it's time to start putting some of the puzzle pieces together, because there is to many weird things happening lately.

Birds dying
strange earthquakes
more powerful earthquakes
strange sounds in the sky
Sun activity
strong storms
Hot summer (record)
Cold winter (record)
the list could go on.

Also see the post about people not being able to hear birds today.

Note: just for fun, there was a blood moon last night too.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

exactly, who said its for the victims?

its likely for the military personnel only. i cant believe how people still think the government will actually help the masses during turmoil, even after Katrina!

For military personell? Why would FEMA have any thing to do with helping prep the military for disaster? If a SHTF situation, it will be the national guard and the other military agencies assisting FEMA.

link   
great. whats blood moon? 1st time every hearing that term (im ignant)

link   
The stream of information coming during the last 24 hours is hard to keep up with and make much sense of. The feeling of something huge building up is hard to ignore tho.

Regarding prepardeness, this article I read earlier comes to mind.

www.wired.com...

Still, it was only a fraction of what would be required, if there’s an actual catastrophe along the New Madrid fault line. Carwille estimated that 42,000 search and rescue personnel would be required, in the event of a real quake.

Those responders would be severely inhibited in the aid they could provide, noted Stockton, the Pentagon official.

“Electric power would go out, not for days, but for weeks and months in the four state region,” he said. “Municipal water systems, they all run on electricity, don’t they? Well, people are gonna get thirsty. You need water for firefighting, don’t you? Second, all gasoline pumps run on electric power. Same with diesel fuel. So in terms of road mobility, of getting the relief forces in, and evacuating people out — no gasoline? The cascading failures go on and on.”

Including, potentially, a Fukushima on the Mississippi. 15 nuclear power plants are in the New Madrid seismic zone.

Id like to ignore my gut feeling and say this is nothing... but something tells me it wont take long before we know.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i still havent heard or seen even 1 bird all day since way before dawn

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join