It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Preparing For Massive QUAKE & Meltdown - Rushing $15M Meals to NM Quake Zone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
its either for personnel only or they're expecting/planning a massive 'dieout'?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I think the government response will be a bad one. I don't think there is any conspiracy here though. The numbers of meals in the bid ad is probably based on a probability factor as far as how bad the quake might be. Most buildings in Memphis/St. Louis from the last 50 years or so are built to withstand earthquake activity. And it will more than likely effect 1 much more than the other, if it doesn't just affect rural areas. Also, FEMA does not have to supply food to the National Guard or most other first responders.
There are too many factors, though, for them to really be truly prepared. They aren't nefarious, they just incompetent.
edit on 24-8-2011 by louieprima because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

If you in all honesty think most buildings are built in the past 50 years or so is EQK proof.....think again. You know a majority of developers cut corners to save $$$. Of those that have been built to withstand a major EQK, what kind of quake? A 7.0, perhaps a 9.0? None can withstand a 10.0+ as rare but not impossible as they are. Then you have fires caused by gas leaks etc.

Let me tell you some reality. An EQK of 9.0+ is going to do MEGA damage and the aftershocks and fires will do even more. Thats fact.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I think it's more about planning a mega natural disaster on a mega scale don't you think?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I need to correct you on that 50 year estimate.
It isn't necessarily true. Trust me. The University of Memphis is having to retrofit all its buildings to shore them up, even the new library they got a couple of decades ago. Most of downtown is filled with old skyscrapers that are much older than 50 years. Also, liquefaction will be a huge problem. For example, the Pyramid was made to resist earthquake damage, but it will most likely sink into the Mississippi shoreline in the event of a large quake. As far as I know, Memphis still doesn't enforce the same codes a city like Seattle or Tokyo does.

Originally posted by louieprima
Don't get me wrong, I think the government response will be a bad one. I don't think there is any conspiracy here though. The numbers of meals in the bid ad is probably based on a probability factor as far as how bad the quake might be. Most buildings in Memphis/St. Louis from the last 50 years or so are built to withstand earthquake activity. And it will more than likely effect 1 much more than the other, if it doesn't just affect rural areas. Also, FEMA does not have to supply food to the National Guard or most other first responders.
There are too many factors, though, for them to really be truly prepared. They aren't nefarious, they just incompetent.
edit on 24-8-2011 by louieprima because: (no reason given)
[/quote

edit on 24-8-2011 by tncryptogal because: typo

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Flag/Star

Thank you. I'm a subscriber and and am sharing.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

If you in all honesty think most buildings are built in the past 50 years or so is EQK proof.....think again. You know a majority of developers cut corners to save $$$. Of those that have been built to withstand a major EQK, what kind of quake? A 7.0, perhaps a 9.0? None can withstand a 10.0+ as rare but not impossible as they are. Then you have fires caused by gas leaks etc.

Let me tell you some reality. An EQK of 9.0+ is going to do MEGA damage and the aftershocks and fires will do even more. Thats fact.

OK - so whats the probability of a 9+ quake within the next 100 years on the NM fault? I mean in scientific reality terms as opposed to flight of fancy ATS drama terms. Very very very tiny. And that is what I was saying, if you read my post. The whole thing is likely based on scientific probabilities. When was the last time a 10+ was recorded ANYWHERE? My post did not intend to include the silliest, most far fetched possibilities. Just implying that the factors used to determine that particular exercise's specs were based on probabilities.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
everyone is so scared. i don't get it.

i mean...whether TPTB are about to about to make the world crumble or it's gonna be natural or nothing is going to happen...it's only the process of natural selection.

sometimes...a lot of people have to die. sorry. it's the sad truth. we humans are soooo concerned about ourselves only. like we think we're so important. you know what? if you die tonight..i doubt more than 10 people will cry and truly miss you. you are meaningless in the grand scheme. you are really only important in your own head.

we're all gonna die one day. why not enjoy life? i mean...i'm, stocking up and all that jazz...and staying informed...but i'm still living life. matter of fact...i gotta run. i've got friends to go hang out with.

later...

Gee thanks, nice to know that my existance does not mean anything. Nice to know that I dont matter. People have spent a fortune in therapy trying to get those kinds of messages out of their heads. Good to have you here to put them back and reinforce them too. You have friends? Seriously ?

i see comfort in that! i don't matter...it means there are no expectations to live up to. i am free to do whatever i want with life. i don't fee pressure like most. yes...i am employed full time, have a steady relationship and i actually have a good bit of money set aside. so i'm not some lifeless loser who has never worked a solid month in his life. i'm usually the happiest guy in the room. i've just accepted my place in all of this and and thankful that i get to experience something this grand!

see...i can be responsible and still not care. the system wants you to want things, so they make it the social norm. they prey upon natural weaknesses in the human condition and make people think they have to be someone important. have certain things. all just the curse of the ego. we're all just ants. enjoy the ride.

take in the scenery. a little death of the self never hurt anyone...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by ignant

I think it's more about planning a mega natural disaster on a mega scale don't you think?

yea only God knows, if (when) the TPTB had enuf power to do so, all recent history to day shows, they would.

simply sacrifice the masses and the world is all yours, the remaining few. to rebuild from 'ground zero? or whatever.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima

OK - so whats the probability of a 9+ quake within the next 100 years on the NM fault? I mean in scientific reality terms as opposed to flight of fancy ATS drama terms. Very very very tiny. And that is what I was saying, if you read my post. The whole thing is likely based on scientific probabilities. When was the last time a 10+ was recorded ANYWHERE? My post did not intend to include the silliest, most far fetched possibilities. Just implying that the factors used to determine that particular exercise's specs were based on probabilities.

So...let me ask you this...what was the probability of a quake hitting VA? Especially one that according to the west coast, was "nothing". You think the NM fault is a tiny?...very, very tiny? Have you read about the latitude line of 37?...with the recent CO, VA, and some CA quakes? Not to mention they are on the same line as Fukushima . Does that matter? Maybe it does...maybe it doesn't...my point is, you never know where a quake will hit.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Yeah, like they were prepared for Katrina? LOL.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

You're about 3 months too late...

Didn't you hear? The big earthquake was supposed to happen during the NLE exercises in May.

Your weather channel videos are promos for a TV show back in 2010:

It Could Happen Tommorow

Thanks seeingUFOsPA

Why on earth would you thank this brain dead woman? She should be locked up for shining lasers at planes!

people want answers, give them your story so they dont find out the real one. well, thats what abovetopsecret is all about. the .00001% of population actually on here seeking answers and true intel.

It's hard to get the true stories when we get rehashed rubbish like this thread all the time.

Full of inaccuracies and fear, nothing more.

edit on 25/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I have to agree, it seems our American friends have the tendecy of over-reaction in most things.

All that happened was a very minor quake that caused no more damage than rattled nerves and a broken roof tile or two.

I wonder what they would do if floods akin to those recently in Australia occured, or those earthquakes in Chile and Japan?

It would be pandemonium!

I really hope no REAL disaster happens in the US.
edit on 25-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
self destruct, Evan.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
having lived in indiana most of my 56 years on this rock the new madrid quake has been COMING all my life
back in 1969 we had a small quake here and the world was going to end any day
at least once a year the media says we are overdue
but than again the world has been coming to the end for about 2 thousand years

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

First off I am from Louisiana and a lot of blame is square on the people that did not leave before the hurricane, also on city and state officials who were so confused and incompetent they did not make the arrangements to get people out. Second the hurricane had little to do with the destruction of New Orleans, it was a result of the flooding after, a failure of levees, and pumps designed to pump out a city below sea level. Too many years of complete fraud and theft of funds meant to maintain the pumps and levees, after all who would have thought that a city below sea level would flood...DUH! So do not place blame on FEMA entirely, they should share blame in some aspects but Nagin, the Governor, and thousands of other officials have more blame at their feet. Do not allow the idiots in N.O. fool you as they were told over and over to get out and school buses were arranged to get them out but state officials said no to that plan.

As for FEMA preping for another EQ along the New Madrid, stage supplies is what they are suppose to do, does not mean they are preping for something specific and are not telling everyone about it. As for the goods being for the Army, believe me the Army has all they need without taking anything from FEMA.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

Really?

Could you provide some sources, or evidence, of how you know this?

Believe me, i'm as open-minded as they come, and i too believe that things are much stranger than anyone believes.
BUT i do need some information.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUNSILENT
having lived in indiana most of my 56 years on this rock the new madrid quake has been COMING all my life
back in 1969 we had a small quake here and the world was going to end any day
at least once a year the media says we are overdue
but than again the world has been coming to the end for about 2 thousand years

Didn't the New Madrid Fault cause a huge earthquake in the early 1800's?

If so, don't you mean 2 HUNDRED years??

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
These videos are scary, but it makes me wonder...If they do "know" that something is going to happen, and are preparing for it, what would really happen if they came out and told everyone? I mean really, how would the general population react? Wouldn't everyone go nuts and make it worse? I think so. If they don't say anything, you avoid mass histeria. Yes you loose possibly millions of people, but you could loose more if suddenly everyone starts to panic. I am so conflicted with this stuff, I feel that yes something big is coming, but is it REALLY a planned out, mass murder? I just am not sure which to belive really.
The coffins I can see, when Katrina happened, those coffins would have been handy, there were so many dead people around, it was impossible to keep up, and I can see where the government is possibly just trying to be as prepared as it possibly can in the event that some really does happen. It is so possible that any number of events can happen at any time, and I would rather my government be prepared to handle it than just standing around with their fingers up their noses. Again, I am scared that something big is coming, but I am not so sure I can belive that it's all a master plan.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

The probability of a 9.0+ anywhere in the world right now is more possible than not. What? You think it only happens to Japan? There are supernova mega volcanos that can produce far more might. To deny a 9.0+ can happen anywhere is total ignorance...it happened in March of the year and no country anywhere in the world is safe from a 9.0+.

As for the safety of buildings......at what degree do you think you are safe? The buildings equipped to deal with EQKs are not 100% guaranteed to stay standing at a 9.0+.......MAYBE a 8.0+ if you are lucky. The aftershocks almost always do even greater damage. Again......let me spell it out to you, during and after a major EQK you have flying glass, flying debrie, gas leaks causing major fires (yeah, those water sprinklers, ya think, will work to full capacity? Think again!); the loss of life will be enormous. Now wrap your head around that because if you are inside the boundary of a major city when a 8.0+ rumbles you won't know what hit you and you will see things you can't fathom. The loss of life will be huge and you'll go in to sudden shock wandering in a daze or you'll be running for your life!

edit on 25-8-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join