It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO INVASION WATCH - 1000s of NATO troops prepare for a "humanitarian" invasion of Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by beezzer

Gadaffi decomissioned his WMD and severed all his terrorist links.

Once he did this it he began forging closer links with 'The West' who in turn gradually started providing much needed investment in the Libyan infrastructure.

NATO etc had no need to topple Gadaffi and install a puppet government as they were quite happy with the deal they had with Gadaffi.
Agreed.

But that will be their excuse.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by demoncleaner

The NATO mission was started by Europe, mainly France. They just called in their markers for supporting us in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The US supplied only a quarter of the airstrikes, though we did supply in flight refueling and AWACs/JSTAR aircraft as well.

And it was stated up front by Sarkozy that this was about the free flow of oil. People forget that. It was buried rather quickly and Humanitarian was the new brand.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

On what basis do you conclude that America has to provide support for a rebel uprising?

Just because America sees itself as world police does not make them so. What they did was in fact against International law.

One country cannot involve itself in the internal affairs of another country, picking sides and deciding who the legitimate government is supposed to be. What NATO did was theft and subversion and a scale not seen before.

They supported a rebel uprising, stole the funds from the legitimate government and transferred it to the side they are supporting, How is this not theft?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

NATO already has hundreds of special forces disguised as rebels in Libya

Its just that it isn't official and their is a media blackout about it by the mainstream media. Ofcourse, once NATO starts sending in their brigades officially, then the media will report about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
NATO has successfully destroyed the infrastructure and the economy for TPTB.

Now the corporation contractors move in to rebuild for profit and re-distributed "ownerships".

NATO ground forces will oversee the security as usual.

New "leadership" will be installed to satisfy the population.

TPTB (merchant/banking elite) will reap new profits from all restructured resources.

The argriculture cartels will move in to create "new" farm areas using the water project.

The central bank will re-align with London, possibly with a new currency system.

The IMF will force new loan programs.

They may even hire an investment firm like Rothschild (mergers and aquisitions dept) to redraw the region into different "districts" if the profit margins are better that way. The EU did that and so did old Yugoslavia.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Theft? What theft? I see nothing here. (That's sarcasm by the way)

You must remember, the victors write history, while the losers get consigned to the ashpile.

I wonder what the books will say in twenty years time?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

reply to post by illuminatislave

But you still haven't answered the question;

What should NATO do when, or if, the various factions within the rebel alliance start committing mass homicide on each other and the civilian population, just sit back and watch?

Sit back and watch like they've done in Syria, or in other parts of Africa where people have been butchered?

Don't be fooled by these selective military conquests being run under the guise of humanitarian missions. The Libyans could slaughter each other and TPTB could care less as long as that gold and oil are in the 'right' hands.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Exactly. Since there is a famine in Somalia the UN is all fancy talk but no do, because however much of aid money they "try to give", it is being stolen and resold by clandestine groups and thieves - and they aren't even bothering to stop that!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I would tend to agree with a lot of what you said.

The US has previously stated that it would support any anti-Gadaffi movements etc.

But I suspect that was merely political rhetoric and they had no real desire to see the Gadaffi regime overthrown as they were quite happy with the current situation, many European and American countries had won contracts in Libya and were providing extensive technical support and advice in addition to significant investment in Libya's infrastucture.

But as 'The Arab Spring' gathered momentum an unlikely alliance of political / religious / tribal opponents of Gadaffi arose seeking to overthrow him and his administration.

The US / UK / NATO etc could not be seen to turn their backs on The Rebels and had to provide a certain amount of support but neither did they want to totally disown Gadaffi in case he defeated the rebellion.
In addition they had to protect their 'investments'.

For all the mistakes the US / UK / NATO have made in Iraq and Afghanistan in recent years I really fail to see what other options they had in Libya.

Imagine the outcry if they had stayed out of this altogether and allowed Gadaffi to obliterate the rebels or both sides to continue killing innocent civilians etc.

There is still the potential for a bloodbath to occur in Libya....and that is due to the religious / political and tribal differences and nature of the Libyan people themselves and not the manipulations of 'The West'.

Should we, as human beings, sit back and watch them do it and do nothing to stop it?
edit on 24/8/11 by Freeborn because: grammar etc

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I agree with your point about Somalia.

Of course it's about resources.....but the US / UK / EU already had major investments in Libyan oil fields / infrastructure etc and stood to profit with even closer financial and industrial links planned for the future.

They didn't have to resort to those tactics in Libya......unfortunately events overtook them.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

NATO just wants to secure the oil fields because they know these stupid rebels will start a fight between each other for power after Gaddafi is overthrown.

Starred and flagged, friend, good post. You are right too, this Empire Building has been going on since 1953 with the overthrow of the Iran government and the installation of the Shah. The Banking Cartel and their Enforcers NATO, along with their Governing Body United Nations New World Order sees an opportunity, and they will seize upon it, watch and see it they do not. 144 tons of Gold is nothing to sneeze at, and there is the oil too, I'll bet Big Oil Execs are licking their lips in anticipation of getting Libyan oil.

“I think what the US has accomplished is to establish a coming civil war in Libya, which we have financed. We would have trained a number of people who will be killing one another,” he said. “We should not be naïve children and think that these rebels are nice little folks who want democracy and freedom and Macdonald’s. This is clearly a chance for them to gain power, to maybe enact some revenge against an old enemy, but mainly for them to be in control. They are going to be fighting with each other for control for the next months and years.”

I was just watching last evening on the cable news, and they were saying how the Libyan people wanted Sharia law to be the law of the land, and as anyone who knows about this form of law.....
Top ten reasons why Sharia is bad for all societies

The way I see it, TPTB, the Bankers, UN, and NATO are going to stir up a Civil War and keep these people fighting each other, that way it will be easy to get the gold and the oil out. This is becoming a game that no one wants to play anymore, but they keep on playing anyway. It it time for the people of the Whole World to Stand Up and Be Counted, and tell these greedy minions where to get off. Just my opinion here.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
CNN just admitted NATO invasion.

Foreign forces in Libya helping rebel forces advance
From Barbara Starr, CNN
August 24, 2011 -- Updated 1406 GMT (2206 HKT)

edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/08/24/libya.foreign.forces/index.html

Washington (CNN) -- Special forces troops from Britain, France, Jordan and Qatar on the ground in Libya have stepped up operations in Tripoli and other cities in recent days to help rebel forces as they conducted their final advance on the Gadhafi regime, a NATO official confirmed to CNN Wednesday.

British forces, in particular, have assisted rebel units by "helping them get better organized to conduct operations," the official said. Some of these forces from all the countries have traveled with rebel units from towns across Libya as they advanced on Tripoli.

The official declined to be identified due to the sensitive nature of the intelligence information.

Overall, the special forces have helped rebels "improve their tactics," the official said.

(...)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It was 63 days for us to cripple the Saddam regime, the shock and awe, but the war itself lasted much longer because destroying the infrastructure underlying the military is just the beginning. It was only 2-3 weeks to do the same in Afghanistan. So I suspect the fighting has just started, really. On the other hand, if it turns out to be the case that Gadaffi does not have many loyalists, then the war might end better than expected. It's a wait and see situation, right now. I hope, for the sake of everyone, that there're more rebels than gadaffi loyalists.

I do agree, though, that strife between the rebels is possible if they believe they have won. They may start to battle each other in hte extended period. I think that NATO could use that as a reason to have a strong ground presence to maintain peace and order. Anyway, we'll probably be over there for a while. Gaddafi ain't dead yet and Tripoli was taken too easily. Etc.
edit on 24-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
sure..thats why they start the war...they wanna make sure they get a part of the big cake

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

So the sanctions imposed on Libya worked? I have not checked recently but I'm sure we've had UN/NATO imposed embargoes and such against Libya on and off for the last 25 years.

And the language in the title is spot on. Somewhere in the UN's charter it says something to the effect that the UN will "wage peace" through the use of it's members resources by land, sea or air. It used to be called 'war' now we call it "kinetic military action".......what the hell are we doing in Libya?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

NATO wont be in libya eh? hey thread op Canada already has 435 or so ground forces suppoesd humanitarian forces in libya NATO will stay in libya for the Oil and Control, its going to be interesting to see if the libyans either throw flowers or start to rise up if NATO does send humanitarian forces.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Imagine the outcry if they had stayed out of this altogether and allowed Gadaffi to obliterate the rebels or both sides to continue killing innocent civilians etc

Damned if we do and damned if we don't. I agree.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
But it's called Nato. Nato would never attack innocent civilians.

edit on 24-8-2011 by BernardMarx because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2011 by BernardMarx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

But you still haven't answered the question;

What should NATO do when, or if, the various factions within the rebel alliance start committing mass homicide on each other and the civilian population, just sit back and watch?

The US did not start this rebellion but had to provide a certain amount of support, (if it hadn't then the self same people who are criticising them for their current and possible future level of involvement would have been criticising them for not getting involved), and it's incredibly naive of anyone to expect the US etc NOT to protect their interests in Libya, why wouldn't they? I sure as hell would!

I think firstly it was NATO which caused this situation in the first place, turning small unrest in to a full scale war. Notice it was NATO which quickly started a propaganda warfare then turned it in to a full scale war by arming gangs, sending commanders, special ops, creating CIA bases, then creating a bank in Benghazi to use Libyan money against Libya, then sending its war planes and warships to attack the Libyan government in order to create a stalemate.

Most agree that this was planned, so asking for a solution which involves NATO is illogical. NATO created this situation, the solution is for them to pack up and go home. But that won't happen, because the whole intention of creating this mess was to have a conclusion that favours them, and that is the control of internal and external affairs of Libya.

They are trying to destroy the Libyan government's capabilities to bring stability back, that way NATO can step in and invade the country. Why else did they continuous bomb all governmental capabilities, from bombing the anti-corruption agency, to bombings of police stations, to bombing of peace delegations. The intention is clear when looking at the actions, the words are just there to create the fog of war.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
North Atlantic Terrorist Organisation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join