It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO INVASION WATCH - 1000s of NATO troops prepare for a "humanitarian" invasion of Libya

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Thousands of British and American troops on standby to head off potential Gaddafi counter-attack
Preparing to head off any potential counter-attack by Gaddafi forces, NATO powers are readying a “humanitarian” occupation of Libya with thousands of British and American soldiers, risking the possibility that troops could be sent into yet another quagmire to rival Afghanistan and Iraq.
Eager to control the country’s vast oil resources and its 144 tons of gold bullion, a plan to send in troops would represent a complete violation of the UN’s own resolution authorizing military intervention, unless of course the soldiers were labeled “peacekeepers” and inserted under humanitarian cover.
Recall that the EU ground invasion force that was proposed back in April was similarly couched in humanitarian rhetoric and yet would have been empowered to “secure sea and land corridors inside the country,” a transparent military objective.
“Hundreds of British soldiers could be sent to Libya to serve as peacekeepers if the country descends into chaos, Downing Street indicated last night,” reports the Daily Mail.
“The troops have been on standby for Libya since the start of July. All their kit is packed and they are just waiting to get the call to go,” said one source.
Similarly, a U.S. occupation force has also been on standby for several months.
Source 1
Source 2

US Libyan Intervention has so far cost the tax payer $896 Million AND RISING

“I think what the US has accomplished is to establish a coming civil war in Libya, which we have financed. We would have trained a number of people who will be killing one another,” he said.
“We should not be naïve children and think that these rebels are nice little folks who want democracy and freedom and Macdonald’s. This is clearly a chance for them to gain power, to maybe enact some revenge against an old enemy, but mainly for them to be in control. They are going to be fighting with each other for control for the next months and years.”

And the UN and NATO keep saying theres a "humanitarian crisis" in Libya so that they can justify a NATO invasion!

NATO just wants to secure the oil fields because they know these stupid rebels will start a fight between each other for power after Gaddafi is overthrown.

Libya Oil Exploitation by NATO countries and corporations

Expect thousands of NATO troops at Libya next week without your permission as usual, and at the expense of tax payers money. And just to throw it out there, Syria is next in line for "Humanitarian Intervention".

West Pushes for Syria Sanctions.

At this rate, they're begging for a war with Iran!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bd0ceb912cb.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 24-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
all we can do I presume..is star and flag..

they want the oil..they'll get it

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
"Humanitarian occupation"...LMAO
Since the start of this war, NATO send words like that.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I can hear the Press conference now.

“My fellow Americans, I realize that this past August I told you that …uh…I would not order our fine men and women…uh…into Libya. But the reality of the situation, and I want it to be perfectly clear…uh…that the reality is that there is a major humanitarian crisis ongoing and…uh… it would be highly irresponsible to not lend aid in a time like this.”

“I have therefore ordered the Pentagon to come up with a plan, a…uh…time limited…uh…humanitarian mission. This mission’s purpose is to provide aid to the Libyan people and help the Libyan National Conference to stand up a…uh…firm and fair government.”

“This mission will be of short duration and we will pull out once this has been accomplished. Thank you.”

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

You seriously don't need to get a PHD to get this, watch how simple it is:

Divide ---> Conquer.

People have this delusional belief that NATO will allow a government in Libya which isn't endorsed by them, that is laughable the least, NATO didn't invest millions if not billions in this regime change to give Libya to Libyans. NATO made this investment to control Libya, the same way they control Libya before the green revolution.

People forget, why is NATO forces using the flag of the previous puppet Monarchy? LOL, pretty obvious.

If NATO doesn't get what it wants, then the invasion will take place, but if it does get what it wants, then an invasion is not necessary.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Humanatarian crisis, CREATED BY NATO.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This will be the litmus test then won't it:

1. If NATO invades then all the conspiracies about NWO/NATO/OIL etc etc should be taken seriously.
or
2. If NATO does not invade then all the speculation is totally unfounded and those same world order conspiracies should be consigned to the junk heap. (although I suspect some weird and wonderful inventive reason as why "the conspiracy" was wrong this time but is still true).

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Here is the real NATO

NATO

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If the Libyan rebles have enough money to buy munitions to shoot off into the air in some testosterone-fed celebration of the lopping off of their former leader's head, well then they should have enough damn money to toodle off to the damn grocery store for a box or two of freakin' wheaties

Again, I wish somebody would grow a set of big hairies and be honest and state what seems rather obvious to many . . . We've rid Libya of Mr. Bad Hair and now you've got no leader so we're gonna step in and put somebody in the big chair who will guarantee us plentiful oil. We're going to stay here a while to make sure things are destabilized just enough that we drive the price of that oil up right about to the point nobody will buy it, back 'er down a buck or two and bask in the glow of our illbegotten profits. Oh yeah, don't even try to do anything stupid like trying to force us NATO folks outta here or we'll just brand you with the same iron we did to the Bad Hair Guy and shoot you right in the ass.

I can't say I'd agree with what they're doing, but at least I could respect them for not trying to blow hot air up the leg of my trousers.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What NATO doesn't like Ghadaffi?

But he's such a happy guy.

Who's running the ship in the other African countries that have humanitarian crisis.. Funny none of them warrant an invasion.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If US troops are put onto the ground(if they aren't already), the articles of impeachment should be drafted quickly. Obama needs to be removed from office.

This has been an utter farce from the beginning...a sham scramble to steal another nation's wealth and subjugate it to American and Western European rule.

Humanitarian my ass. They don't give a damn about those people. They just want the oil and gold.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What a brilliant maneuver.

Incite a rebellion. Offer just enough support to keep the ball rolling in the right direction. Let them beat each other senseless. Move in and take over the country. No muss, no fuss.

I guess they did learn something from the Iraq debacle.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
What a brilliant maneuver.

Incite a rebellion. Offer just enough support to keep the ball rolling in the right direction. Let them beat each other senseless. Move in and take over the country. No muss, no fuss.

I guess they did learn something from the Iraq debacle.

The system has been perfected
this was probably what they were trying to do in Iran but it failed.

I must admit, their methods are clever. Perhaps TOO clever.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

So what is NATO supposed to do, sit back and let Libya descend into a wholescale civil war with countless civilian casualties etc.

You are quick to criticise yet offer no practical alternative solutions.

The reality is that 'the rebels' are a very loose alliance of numerous religious / political and tribal groups each with their own agenda's and scores to settle.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

So what is NATO supposed to do, sit back and let Libya descend into a wholescale civil war with countless civilian casualties etc.

The reality is that 'the rebels' are a very loose alliance of numerous religious / political and tribal groups each with their own agenda's and scores to settle.

I have a solution. Warn all the rebels that if they split into factions or start battling between them instead of coming together, we will invade the country and start humanitarian bombings.

Case closed. They won't even think of aiming a weapon at each other.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

No. The reality is that NATO should not be in that country in the first place, this is an internal conflict.

You are naive or flat out dishonest if you can't see that this is about money and corporate control of Libya's oilfields. On top of that, with Libya becoming a U.S./Western European puppet, it's another vantage point to strike at Iran and Syria, the next two dominoes to fall in this game of madness.

Stop supporting ignorance. There will be countless casualties regardless of NATO or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I actually expect them to go in regardless. There are chemical depots and weapons that ME terrorists would love to get their hands on.
So, we'll be going in.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

But you still haven't answered the question;

What should NATO do when, or if, the various factions within the rebel alliance start committing mass homicide on each other and the civilian population, just sit back and watch?

The US did not start this rebellion but had to provide a certain amount of support, (if it hadn't then the self same people who are criticising them for their current and possible future level of involvement would have been criticising them for not getting involved), and it's incredibly naive of anyone to expect the US etc NOT to protect their interests in Libya, why wouldn't they? I sure as hell would!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Gadaffi decomissioned his WMD and severed all his terrorist links.

Once he did this it he began forging closer links with 'The West' who in turn gradually started providing much needed investment in the Libyan infrastructure.

NATO etc had no need to topple Gadaffi and install a puppet government as they were quite happy with the deal they had with Gadaffi.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
$896 Million spent on an invented and imaginary humanitarian crisis, while millions are starving in Somalia in an actual humanitarian crisis.

And people wonder why the world hates America. I think anyone living in NATO country should bow their head in shame.

I am ashamed to be human for that matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join