It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arsenal F.C Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Oh Yeah, and I forgot to mention that Arsenal are *snip*.............they should try having a shot occasionally instead of trying to walk the ball over the line..............and maybe get some men instead of namby pamby girls to wear the shirt...........what happened to people like Adams, Keown and Dixon, players who weren't scared of a tackle or getting their shirt dirty.................
edit on 24-8-2011 by davethebear because: added words

edit on 24-8-2011 by davethebear because: spelling error

Ironic that Arsenal are a former workers team for woolich armoury or arsenal.Spent all week makeing weapons, An earned the name the gunners,An yet are infact the most shotsyy team in histoty.BUT PLAY A GAAME OF FINNESSE AN BEUTY.this proves war is not he answer ,just continually bass the ball.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So RVP decides to ditch us......after having one good season he leaves us..while we stuck with him when he couldn't dribble 5 yards without getting injured........#Loyaltydoesnotexist

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

So RVP decides to ditch us

Well this sucks.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So RVP decides to ditch us......after having one good season he leaves us..while we stuck with him when he couldn't dribble 5 yards without getting injured........#Loyaltydoesnotexist

He should leave, as this truly puts the spot light on a failed business model. Failed in the sense that what it really takes to win titles isn't a financially self sustaining club, but rather one that puts an emphasis on trophies over sound business decisions - as sad as it is, it's the way it is.

Gazidis and Wegner knew this well before the departures of Fabs and Na$ri; and now with Vantastic leaving for greener pastures, hopefully pressure builds on the decision makers to buy players capable of reaching the top spot, rather than be satisfied with 4th and CL qualifying.

And for someone who uses RVP for his avatar, your ridicule make no sense. Gooner, huh..?

Poser...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

He should leave, as this truly puts the spot light on a failed business model. Failed in the sense that what it really takes to win titles isn't a financially self sustaining club, but rather one that puts an emphasis on trophies over sound business decisions - as sad as it is, it's the way it is.

Gazidis and Wegner knew this well before the departures of Fabs and Na$ri; and now with Vantastic leaving for greener pastures, hopefully pressure builds on the decision makers to buy players capable of reaching the top spot, rather than be satisfied with 4th and CL qualifying.

And for someone who uses RVP for his avatar, your ridicule make no sense. Gooner, huh..?

Poser...

im sorry but i couldn't be bothered to go through the never ending maze of a procedure that is used to change avatars on ATS... Poser huh?? i ve been called worse things than that. ..so its cool...

i must confess you did make some valid points... but only if players decided to stay loyal to the shirt they are wearing and earn their trophies instead of ditching the club while in their prime (fab and nas and now van) the club wouldn't be in this situation would they?? ..

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Good Riddance RVP..........carzola,giroud,podolski and sahin maybe

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
RVP is heading to Old Trafford. I bet it will be announced tomorrow at some point.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by youwillneverknow
RVP is heading to Old Trafford. I bet it will be announced tomorrow at some point.

Welcome to Manchester! Fergie gets his man as United confirm RVP to have medical ahead of £24m move

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noobastronomer

Welcome to Manchester! Fergie gets his man as United confirm RVP to have medical ahead of £24m move

Brilliant news for me as a Manchester United fan - wouldn't be so happy as a Gooner, having said that £24 million, if reinvested is good business by Wenger - Llorente perhaps or Lewandoski?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by youwillneverknow

As a Gooner, losing RvP, is devastating. It is almost unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
reply to post by youwillneverknow

As a Gooner, losing RvP, is devastating. It is almost unbelievable.

and especially losing him to our rivals is even more depressing....here is an exact quote of what he said in 2011

"I dont have the inclination to go anywhere, this is the best team for me to be in.
The bottom line is I want to win trophies with ARSENAL, not with anybody else.

I know you can win trophies in many countries and in many different way, but I want to do that in our way

I'm sure I could win things at another team in another country, but would it feel like our trophy, my trophy? I'm not sure it would. Anything we win here will come from the heart and that's what I want. It's my dream and I see no point in speaking about other teams when I have the dreams.

I think other people know that about me; I'm just hungry to win with Arsenal and that's it."

Robin Van Persie 20/02/2011
edit on 16-8-2012 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Hi there,

That's sad. I am a big RvP fan, from 2006 i always supported him, even when he was injured and so many gooners were back biting him.

In a sense i understand why he left. Family, security and a sense to look out for what is the best for his career, especially at his age. I can never hate RvP, but i can never support Man United.

With last weekends game when he came on as a sub there were light boos from the Arsenal supporters. When i heard that i told my son, Robin is gonna leave, for sure. I felt sorry for him. He carried us last season. Gooners are saying "we don't need him anymore, we have Podolski".

I just hope we don't lose Arteta, Chaimberlain or Song. I will bet you now, Song is the next to leave.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Hi there,

He carried us last season.

Wenger carried him for 6 and half years when he was injury prone.....i don't see you pointing that out

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
oh godddd....someone please tell me how to change the profile pic here on ats.....i totally forgot i swear

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

No doubt, Wenger did carry him. What i am saying is, as you know, no matter how angry we are with RvP, he saved our butts last season. Hopefully he does not have a season as he did the last.

Been a Arsenal supporter since 1994, so i am definitely not saying anything bad about Arsenal. I am not impressed with many of us gooners comments on the net though.

Nonetheless, RvP is gone, Song is next and que sera sera.

Changing your pic: Go to: tools>ATS uploads>browse image>upload new image>click on new image that will appear>click use as avatar

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

oh godddd....someone please tell me how to change the profile pic here on ats.....i totally forgot i swear

Thats brilliant lol - shall we just swap?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Thats brilliant lol - shall we just swap?

hahaha.....sure we can ..if you don't mind him wearing the arsenal jersey

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

No doubt, Wenger did carry him. What i am saying is, as you know, no matter how angry we are with RvP, he saved our butts last season. Hopefully he does not have a season as he did the last.

Been a Arsenal supporter since 1994, so i am definitely not saying anything bad about Arsenal. I am not impressed with many of us gooners comments on the net though.

Nonetheless, RvP is gone, Song is next and que sera sera.

Changing your pic: Go to: tools>ATS uploads>browse image>upload new image>click on new image that will appear>click use as avatar

i can argue with you all day..... but i love you man ....(for helping me with the avatar stuff)... and i don't fight with good people

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Whilst not an Arsenal fan i had to admire their comeback against Reading in the League cup.
Four nil down and they win 7: 5 wow.
Walcott is a star but sometimes you get the impression his temmates don't like him perhaps its because he is one of the very few English players in the starting x1 each week .
He should go to Man United.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Walcott is a star
He should go to Man United.

Sure....take them all

are you Man United fan by any chance?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join