It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arsenal F.C Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Liverpool and ManU have their own thread...lol......so anyone here support the gunners?...right now we are in a *snip*..but i guess we have to trust Wenger ...been 6 years tho

edit on Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:40:16 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: title per member request

edit on Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:42:56 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Answer: Cuz they're *snip*

2nd

edit on Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:43:24 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I am with you man -
difficult year, but I trust Wenger - he has won enough and done enough for me to do that.
I know for a fact he loves the club, so I am sure he will do his best.
He cant help the fact that we wont or cant pay the same wages as other clubs do, and players heads get turned!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by grifta
I am with you man -
difficult year, but I trust Wenger - he has won enough and done enough for me to do that.
He cant help the fact that we wont or cant pay the same wages as other clubs do, and players heads get turned!

Yes and im amazed at our so called "Fans"....we are supposed to back the club no matter what.......and i can't believe that Nasri character...wenger made him who he is today and he ditches the club when they most need him...i hope he ends up like Adebayor.....Money over Loyalty
edit on 24-8-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Wengers masterplan as finally come to fruition and it has proven to be a diaster.

He has insisted on bringing in kids over the years and as soon as they mature, off they go.

You cannot have the main striker as your captain.

Its shocking seeing them play at the minute because they are running around like headless chickens and there is no leadership on the pitch. How the hell has Rosciky got back in the squad? Becasue we are so short of players.

Europe tonite. Oh god. Even though they are a goal up you can't fancy them. Even if they do qualify they haven't got a big enough squad to launch a proper european campaign. And if we don't qualify do we end up in that bloody europa cup? Any european campagin this year could really damage us in the premiership.

And then after travelling to Udinese we have United at weekend. Proably be a turkey shoot. This week could be the end of Wenger.

Trying not to pass too much remarks on it because it is so depressing. Its gonna take a lot to fix the team. We will do well to end up in the top half of the table this season. No hope of top5 spot.

I will always respect Wenger for the good times but he never should have started this season. I reckon he could be the first premiership manager to be sacked this year.

Best 2 players have left. Injuries starting up(Wiltshire crocked). Match bans. It couldn't really be any worse.

Ex gooner summoned it up nicely yesterday:

cma.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I am with you man -

Its not he can't. He refuses to pay them. We are about to see the sad results of treating the club as a business venture this season. It wont be pretty.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

I am with you man -

Its not he can't. He refuses to pay them. We are about to see the sad results of treating the club as a business venture this season. It wont be pretty.

refuses to pay them??..yes he refuses to pay them 180,000 pounds a week(nasri )..cause thats just not freaking right..its mental to pay them that much considering the finances of the club

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

I know the wages are a complete joke and disgrace but thats where it is now. You want to compete you gotta pay.

Wengers money management is absolutely amazing but look where it has got us.

(The wages will probably eventually destroy the game anyway. More and more people are disgusted with players getting this kind of money and turning their back on the game.)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I am a proud brit and I have just returned to the UK after 4 years in Australia.........I have always been a big football fan, but in Oz I started to watch games and then after time my viewing of games started to fade............Now after being back in blighty for 3 weeks I have realised what a stupid and financially greedy sport football has become.........I was reading this morning how Adebayor has agreed to move to Spurs for a season on loan and they are negotiating between them how to pay his wages of £175,000 per week.........WHAT!!! give me a break, nobody is worth that much to kick a bag of wind around.........*snip* ridiculous and a big sign of what todays society has become, just a bunch of greedy *snip*.........once that contract it signed, do you really think they give a crap about the club they have signed for? As soon as that paper is signed they are made for as long as their contract is for...........I would just love to see what would happen if everybody who went to see a live match stopped going just for one week..........then the *snip* would hit the fan.......................been watching football for 40 years now, ever since I was 6.....not any more...........I would rather go down the local park and watch a match there, that's where football started and how it should be played, not this namby pamby non-contact sport we have today...todays so called football is a mockery of how the sport should be played................

Oh Yeah, and I forgot to mention that Arsenal are *snip*.............they should try having a shot occasionally instead of trying to walk the ball over the line..............and maybe get some men instead of namby pamby girls to wear the shirt...........what happened to people like Adams, Keown and Dixon, players who weren't scared of a tackle or getting their shirt dirty.................
edit on 24-8-2011 by davethebear because: added words

edit on 24-8-2011 by davethebear because: spelling error

edit on Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:44:57 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
......I was reading this morning how Adebayor has agreed to move to Spurs for a season on loan and they are negotiating between them how to pay his wages of £175,000 per week.........WHAT!!! give me a break, nobody is worth that much to kick a bag of wind around.........*snip* ridiculous

Oh Yeah, and I forgot to mention that Arsenal are *snip*....and maybe get some men instead of namby pamby girls to wear the shirt..............]

you complain about the wage structure in Football and then you call possibly the only club in football to manage their finances reasonably and yet stay top 4 almost all season *snip* .

edit on Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:46:17 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I know the wages are a complete joke and disgrace but thats where it is now. You want to compete you gotta pay.

Wengers money management is absolutely amazing but look where it has got us.

(The wages will probably eventually destroy the game anyway. More and more people are disgusted with players getting this kind of money and turning their back on the game.)

totally agree with you on the wages part.....there will come a time when money and greed will totally take over loyalty and respect to the club(not that its not visible now)......for eg take Man City.....its a disgrace the amount of money they pay for each player

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Noobastronomer, how do you think they will get on tonite and at weekend?

Will wenger be still there at Christmas?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Noobastronomer, how do you think they will get on tonite and at weekend?

Will wenger be still there at Christmas?

we shouldn't underestimate udinese mate..you saw they were kinda threatening in the first leg....a goal early on will be key....and considering the fact that RVP, GERVINHO, SONG all are back i think we might just win this one.......and against ManU errrmmm..as a die hard arsenal fan i obviously want us to beat United...but it looks unlikely.... but hey you'll never know

and about wenger.........i hope he does bro..cause seriously... the man has done soo much for the club..you can't sack him just like that....i mean who would replace the guy?..but that doesn't change the fact that he has to strengthen the squad..we need replacements for fab and nas.....and oh most importantly SOLID DEFENDERS is a MUST.....if we can do that...im sure we'll get back on track

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
2-0 Liverpool haha go on you reds

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by brizellious

did you see that match.??...No one deserved to win it...hahah its not like liverpool demolished us...you got lucky with an own goal and scrappy second goal against a 10 men mostly reserve arsenal team

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Half Time Udinese 1 - Arsenal 0

ohh god...here we go again....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
breeezeee.....phew FULL TIME UDINESE 1 - ARSENAL 2 (1-3 agg)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noobastronomer

Originally posted by brizellious

did you see that match.??...No one deserved to win it...hahah its not like liverpool demolished us...you got lucky with an own goal and scrappy second goal against a 10 men mostly reserve arsenal team

A win is still a
win

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

big lift for the whole club.

maybe this can win can secure a couple of signatures over the next few days?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

maybe this can win can secure a couple of signatures over the next few days?

Wenger working 'very hard' on signings

The Arsenal manager has not revealed the names of targets, but insisted the club are trying to buy before the transfer window shuts after the Gunners secured Champions League football

you said it .....haha hope he does not buy some 16 year old kid for 15 million..lol we need experienced players..or proven youngsters...E hazard would be a great addition to our midfield ....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join