It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Subwoofer Audio Anomaly Experienced Since VA Earthquake - What Could This Be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I have, as most of ATS I'm sure, read the many threads and comments about strange noises around over last year or so. I did not find anything quite like my experience, so I am reaching out for suggestions on how to explain this.

I live about 150-175 miles from Mineral, VA, the epicenter of today's earthquake. As long-time California residents, my adult son and I took the earthquake today in stride. About 3 minutes after we felt the shaking stop, I briefly got an unusual sharp pain inside my right ear canal - like an intense vibration but without sound. I wouldn't have even given it a second thought, except that our surround sound subwoofer immediately started making this most unusual noise. It lasted for about 3 minutes. My son, who is a bit of an audio geek, was perplexed. He had never heard anything quite like it.

The reason for my post is because the noise started again through the subwoofer a couple hours ago - but this time it hasn't stopped. The noise - and I know how weird this sounds - is rhythmic in nature and sounds a lot like a heart beat. The volume on the subwoofer has no effect on the volume of the sound. We never listen to the system up very loud because of the neighbors - no chance it was blown because of normal audio input.

We have done the most common-sense troubleshooting - without luck. I haven't been able to get a decent recording of it yet off of my phone, but will try getting a better recording app tomorrow if it keeps up.

I realize there very well may be a normal, logical explanation, but I cannot find one that makes sense as of yet.
I would love to figure out if this is anything worth further effort - what do y'all think?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
"It could be" time for a new subwoofer imo:puzwww.best-price.com... ouJ56oCFRE9gwodJ1xn-g

:
edit on 23-8-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You should probably try to get the best recording now while its still going...

Is it comparable to the noise that speakers and woofers pick up when there is a cell call about to come in or a microwave is on? Its that static type buzz sound...sounds like dubstep.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Try recording the sound.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You most likely cannot get a recording of it as it is too low a frequency. Most recording devices will filter out anything under 100HZ. This is to make sure that you do not record the 60 Hz form most power systems. A possibility is that the noise is feeding back from the ground on your system. Quick question, does the sound continue when there is no plug in wall ( all components) if it disappears with the plug out but comes back with the plugs in (even when it is still powered off) then you have a noisy ground to your system. I have seen this before after Earth Quakes but do not know why it happens. Give it a try and let me know how it comes out.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Unless it was you who posted it earlier today (about 14 hours ago), someone else reported a ringing in their ears post-earthquake.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Maybe an earthquake was triggered using some high-tech radio wave technology. Have you asked your son or any neighbors if their ears felt weird during the earthquake too? You said you felt a pain in your right ear, do you remember what direction you were facing? It would be weird if your right ear happened to be facing the epicenter.
edit on 23-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

If this was an earthquake that was caused by HAARP the receiver of your surround sound would pick up ultra low radio freguencies emmitted by HAARP. You can test this by plugging the input to the subwoofer into something that doesn't have a radio tuner.(ipod, computer, playstation, etc.) This will tell you if there is a problem with the sub, or if there is an ultralow radio frequency in the air.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have an amp that is damaged that does the same thing. I know that sound well. As previous poster said, time for a new one.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

...imagine a person as fat around the middle as Earth is... got that image?... now imagine that person letting out a big fart... dont you reckon that'd do some resonating?...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by remembering

Thank you so much for your input and suggestion.

The sound only comes through the subwoofer when it is plugged in, and turned on. However, the subwoofer volume control has no impact on the volume of the weird sound.

I've managed to get a pretty crappy recording of it on my iphone, but don't know how to get it onto my computer - plan on figuring that out first thing tomorrow. The sound itself is kind of freaking me out just a little - it not only sounds rhythmically just like a heart beat monitor, but their is a tonality difference between the two beats as well.

If you have any other suggestions on how to troubleshoot this, and rule out even stranger possibilities, I'm all ears
My son is going to take it in to the audio place that we got it from tomorrow to get it checked out.

edit on 8/24/2011 by Open2Truth because: clarity malfunction

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

Great suggestion - will let you know how it turns out!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Actually, I hadn't thought about it before you asked, but my right ear actually was facing towards the epicenter - weird! Lived through a whole lot of earthquakes in my time, but never experienced this. Hoping it was a coincidence, but can't lie - I will probably pay more attention if it happens again!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hmm. Wierd. Yesterday I finally had a moment of calm (with houseguests having just left) and I lay down on the couch for a nap. I kept hearing a rythmic beat like sound. At first I ignored it, assuming it was someone playing music and I was hearing the base. After a while it dawned on me that I was the only one home and our neighbors are too far for me to pick up anything like that! We live rather isolated on top of a mountain with no sounds around bu the birds.

I started to listen carefully to see if I actually could be hearing my own heartbeat- the thump of blood in my ears, but it didn't seem to be in sync with that and was not consistant in it's rythm.
I had a dream the other night of a big earthquake happening here, but there isn't much chance of that, we're not in an earthquake prone area.

Your experience is intriging anyway!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
A new club near by..

just a thought ;]

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Perhaps HAARP caused a pole shift in your transistor... Lol, just kidding. You should check whether this is picked up by your car speakers. Your plugs in your house is earthed, your car isnt...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

I wish! I live in a rural area - I actually think I'd have to travel about 60 miles to get to any establishment with loud music. Sounds like a good excursion idea though.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The earths frequency's are changing to correct the damage we have don to it. Expect much more strange noises. Also hearing a ringing in the ear can mean you are awakening and the higher self is communication to you to help in something.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I experienced something weird early this morning, just got off work, got in my car heading home and got this bad head ache, the lights in my car started flickering like dimming and then really bright for about 15 - 20 seconds, that was at about 12:35 est. My head still hurts and honestly i hardly ever get head aches is the strange part. Whats going on?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The stadium said it was feedback from damaged speakers. Apparently sometime prior the stadium was hit by lightning that causes some damage that went unnoticed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join