It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Monument tilting? Pic and live cam!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Possibly our founding fathers are turning, or should I say spinning in their graves, at the mess our presidents, congress, and Representative have gotten us all into.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

did you just wake up or something? they had a 5.9 earthquake 38 miles n.w. of Richmond Virginia at 2:50 pm today. get with the program.

Im not from the USA....so unless someone brings it to my attention i dont know.......get with the program dude
International site, and earthquakes arent really my thing
....unless im in one lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
NVM..just saw the other pictures...they looked crooked too

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
well.... gold plumetted by $61.oo

and the Earthquake happened under 'Mineral', Virginia

common youse CT'ers.... HAARP must have been responsible for the Irony involved here !!

~get the picture?... gold up 200 points in the last 10-14 days & 'Mineral' VA getting blasted
to get PMs down from the $1900. oz level, for the gamers/speculators, before gold get totally out-of-hand

edit on 23-8-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I prefer the canting Washington monument.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Okay then. How about the "Shifting Shaft of Washington"?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Don't know if it's leaning but it appears that it could actually be damaged.

The National Park Service says the Washington Monument may have suffered cracks near its top during Tuesday’s earthquake, and the monument could be closed indefinitely.

Park service spokesman Bill Line said there appear to be cracks “at the very, very top” of the 555-foot tall structure, and structural engineers were being brought in Wednesday to conduct a close inspection.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was tilting. They have already had in the past to dig up the foundation of the monument and redo it because of the tilt. This happened after it's construction was halted during the period of the civil war. They had to dig the foundation out and reinforce the ground around it with concrete, and pillars. So it is definitely possible the recent quake shook something loose.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I wonder if while they are fixing it they will take off the words Laus Deo on the cap of it.

Laus Deo- praise be to God

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join