It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Monument tilting? Pic and live cam!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I heard a couple of times so far on the interwebs that the Washington Monument may in fact be tilting due to the recent earthquake, so I looked up a webcam. I am not sure if it is the perspective of the camera (which it totally may be), but it does look to be tilting.

Anybody familiar with this live cam, or in the area to confirm?

Live cam

Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly reported at 2:30 pm that their bureau received information from a producer saying that a Captiol Hill Police officer says that the Washington Monument may actually be tilting as a result of the earthquake.

Source
edit on 23-8-2011 by ZombieJesus because: Additional link

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I dont think you have to be familiar with the cam to see its the camera tilting....look at the horizon

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I agree, that it's probably the camera (as pointed out in the op), but perspective can be deceptive, just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

No problem dude

I looked at the building it was mounted on first which is also tilting, as well as that little white building behind it is at the same angle.

You wouldnt want that falling over....is HUGE lol.

The leaning monument of washington.........i see a potential money spinner if it does though lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Source

Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly reported at 2:30 pm that their bureau received information from a producer saying that a Captiol Hill Police officer says that the Washington Monument may actually be tilting as a result of the earthquake.

Seismologist John Rundle joined Kelly on her show and confirmed that the Washington Monument could very well be tilting as a result of the earthquake and the structure should be checked out.

Two nuclear reactors have reportedly been taken off line near the epicenter of the earthquake.

So... will we name it 'The Leaning Monument of Washington'?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Crooked Monument for a Crooked Country!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thanks for the link, I will add it to the op

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Still no aftershocks? I am
more concerned about the
nuclear plants than anything
else at this point. We have
some frayed nerves in the
US today.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If you click through the "favorites" gallery you will see that the cam has always been tilted at that angle. Nevertheless, I do like the idea of a "Leaning Tower of Washington." Metaphor for "crooked government?"

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I heard the same thing too. I was watching Megan Kelly on FOX and she reported it. Here's a quote from the Washington Times.

Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly reported at 2:30 pm that their bureau received information from a producer saying that a Captiol Hill Police officer says that the Washington Monument may actually be tilting as a result of the earthquake. Seismologist John Rundle joined Kelly on her show and confirmed that the Washington Monument could very well be tilting as a result of the earthquake and the structure should be checked ou

Source:
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Still no aftershocks?

Looks like they finally got one.

Magnitude 2.8 - VIRGINIA
2011 August 23 18:46:50 UTC
DetailsMapsEarthquake Details
This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 2.8
Date-Time Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 18:46:50 UTC
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 02:46:50 PM at epicenter

Location 37.931°N, 77.935°W
Depth 0.1 km (~0.1 mile) (poorly constrained)
Region VIRGINIA
Distances 9 km (5 miles) SSW (195°) from Mineral, VA
12 km (7 miles) SSE (151°) from Louisa, VA
28 km (18 miles) NE (45°) from Columbia, VA
34 km (21 miles) E (88°) from Lake Monticello, VA
60 km (38 miles) NW (316°) from Richmond, VA
136 km (84 miles) SW (217°) from Washington, DC

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 2.4 km (1.5 miles); depth +/- 5.3 km (3.3 miles)
Parameters NST= 10, Nph= 12, Dmin=53 km, Rmss=0.16 sec, Gp= 97°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source Southeast U.S. Seismic Network

Event ID se082311b

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks, my computer is a bit on the slow side, so I didn't really get a chance to check out the gallery. Saw the image, and had a knee jerk reaction to share with ATS

Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I dont understand how a 2.8 earthquake could dislodge such a huge structure?? It may have tilted a few millimeters or maybe a centimeter from this.....but dont you need something like a 4.0 to shake things off of shelves??

www.geo.mtu.edu...

Could be another ploy to siphon money from the taxpayer?

" We had best rip it down and start again because its a hazard to the public" kind of line lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, it's an obelisk, which some people say is a satanic symbol for the penis.

Now it has an angle to the dangle.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
as well as that little white building behind it is at the same angle.

You mean the Jefferson Memorial??

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I dont understand how a 2.8 earthquake could dislodge such a huge structure??

2.8 was the aftershock. The quake was like 5.8. I hope the thing falls down, personally. Good representation of the state of our country.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I dont understand how a 2.8 earthquake could dislodge such a huge structure?? It may have tilted a few millimeters or maybe a centimeter from this.....but dont you need something like a 4.0 to shake things off of shelves??

www.geo.mtu.edu...

Could be another ploy to siphon money from the taxpayer?

" We had best rip it down and start again because its a hazard to the public" kind of line lol.

did you just wake up or something? they had a 5.9 earthquake 38 miles n.w. of Richmond Virginia at 2:50 pm today. get with the program.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
when you correct the image (rotate left 2 degrees)...it STILL looks tilted! And the other buildings (as far as i see) are straight. So..from quick "analysis" of the image i'd say its definitely tilted!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

I dont understand how a 2.8 earthquake could dislodge such a huge structure??

2.8 was the aftershock. The quake was like 5.8. I hope the thing falls down, personally. Good representation of the state of our country.

heheh. that comment and the crooked monument for crooked country seem so fitting in these times of a CIA's false flag 'liberation war' going on in Libya. Gadaffi's counting his money somewhere in a bunker - provided by cia!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
when you correct the image (rotate left 2 degrees)...it STILL looks tilted! And the other buildings (as far as i see) are straight. So..from quick "analysis" of the image i'd say its definitely tilted!

yep im surprised people were saying its the camera is crooked only.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join