It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Reasons Men Cheat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Study shows women are more unfaithful, just better at lying about it -
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Studies show women are genetically predisposed to cheating -
abcnews.go.com...

Women file for 2/3's of all divorces -
www.divorce-lawyer-source.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Men AND women cheat cause they are cowards imo.

If you dont want to be with someone and want someone else, tell the other person first.

I have been cheated on and none of the reasons you list were why. The guy just wanted sex from anyone, literally. He was an addicted, my other ex cheated cause he was a wimp and couldn't say no.

One of my exes actually said he doesn't believe in cheating and he is actually one of the most loyal guys I know. He said he takes the ego boost knowing he could have gone home with someone else and then comes home to his gf (me at the time). I thought that was pretty cute when he said that.

Not everyone cheats and men AND women both do it.

I have never cheated no matter how unhappy I was, it's not right. You are still hurting another person. I always put myself in their shoes, woudl I want to be hurt like that? No! It's happened to me so I wont do it to another. It hurts too much to have that trust betrayed and things are NEVER the same again.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You mean the number one reason men cheat isn't because they got themselves some how caught up with a person like OP and are desperately seeking any exit strategy?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Well, then, makes you wonder why all these women cheat, now, doesn't it? Guess the guys just can't keep us happy, sorry for you.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I guess you didn't read the second link. It says,

One study published today by the University of California, Los Angeles Center on Behavior, Culture, and Evolution and the University of New Mexico says women have evolved to cheat on their mates during the most fertile part of their cycle, but only when those mates are less sexually attractive than other men.

Seems a bit shallow to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Nosred, it's all shallow. Cheating is just shallow. Period.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

One study out of New Mexico doesn't confirm or deny anything.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernutty
reply to post by Tangled4u

Oh, i found the issue...Registered: 22-8-2011 - she will be gone in a few days....

Steps to recovery:
1. dig a giant hole in the back yard
2. build bunker in said hole
3. forge a new tin foil hat
4. hide out for 6-8 months
5. begin dating again....should be fine by then
edit on 23-8-2011 by Juggernutty because: (no reason given)

My Friend it could be more likely she was Banned from Godlike Productions (GLP) this month.
I've read the OP's other threads and I found myself wishing she or he had paid their membership fee for GLP.
If he or she stays, I think they could use some therapy or counseling or take some sort of Mod-Modifier.
Just my 2 cents.
I've never cheated on my wife and yes, I have had the opportunities to cheat with mostly other married women.
My first wife years ago that it was Fun to Cheat. Like I said Years ago, it's water under the bridge, Not all women cheat and not all men cheat.
It Really Depends on your maturity level and respect.
Put then again, just my 2 cents.

edit on 24-8-2011 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

There were three university studies cited, one by the Manchester Metropolitan University in the UK, one at the University of New Mexico, and one at the University of California. I could probably find more if you really wanted me to.

Women are biologically wired to cheat more often, and they do.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

WOMEN are now more likely to cheat than men, a survey reveals.

One in five said they would "definitely" have an affair if they fell for another bloke. In contrast, just nine per cent of fellas were certain they would betray their partner. The study of 3,000 people has for the first time exposed girls as the bigger love rats.

Nearly a quarter of single girls said they would consider a fling with a married man or one in a steady relationship. Only 12 per cent of single men would try to bed a married woman or one in a long-term relationship, according to the poll for matchmakers Coffee and Company.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

There were three university studies cited, one by the Manchester Metropolitan University in the UK, one at the University of New Mexico, and one at the University of California. I could probably find more if you really wanted me to.

It always amazes me how much faith we put in statistics.

For anyone who has ever taken statistics in college...the first thing you learn, is that statistics = lies, damn lies.

It's all in the sampling. You can pretty much get whatever statistical result you want with a carefully chosen sampling. In addition, you never really know if the researchers rejected certain respondents, further skewing the result. True, all you can really go on is the researchers' reputation...but again, proper sampling (and tricky-worded questions), can pretty much get the researcher whatever result they want, within reason.

The only statistics I really trust are those of my own experiences. In my life experience so far, I've known men and women to pretty much cheat equally.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Ok, three studies don't mean anything.
And your misrepresenting the study. It says that women cheat at certain parts of their cycle, in other words, if women were gonna cheat,t hey do it more at this particular time.

It doesnt mean that all women do.

As for the divorce statistic, your randomly throwing that in there and it has nothing to do with cheating.
why dont you also add the statistics that women buy farm more relationship books then men, and that women seek marriage counseling at much higher rates then men.

Because women are far more concernced with their marriage then men are.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Nosred

Ok, three studies don't mean anything.
And your misrepresenting the study. It says that women cheat at certain parts of their cycle, in other words, if women were gonna cheat,t hey do it more at this particular time.

It means that women are both more likely to cheat and do cheat more often than men.

It doesnt mean that all women do.

I never said it did, it just means that more women cheat than men. The OP was the one making generalizations here.

As for the divorce statistic, your randomly throwing that in there and it has nothing to do with cheating.

Women are more unfaithful than men and less likely to keep their commitments = most divorces are initiated by women = opposite of society's current stereotypes that you are seeing in this thread.

why dont you also add the statistics that women buy farm more relationship books then men, and that women seek marriage counseling at much higher rates then men.

And then they go and break it off anyways? What's the point you're trying to make here? If I buy a book called "How To Not Rob Banks" and then I go out and rob a bank am I somehow a better person for that? If anything it makes me a hypocrite.

Because women are far more concernced with their marriage then men are.

Which of course is why most marriages are broken off by women, and a good percentage of the ones broken off by men are because of infidelity on their partner's behalf.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I never knew women cheated more than men. None of my women friends in the past or that
I know now have cheated...but from the beginning since from college on, 99.9% of the guys I have known for the past 20 yrs have been cheaters married or not...mostly married...so it's all a bit shocking as I maybe there is only a small percentage on either side that doesn't cheat? I'm single & I have issues trusting anyone & especially in this category. I hate the excuses that a woman is in a certain cycle stage or a man can't turn down any naked woman no matter how unattractive they are just to get laid. I think it's all just unappealing & nasty. I love sex & the day of the month or what ever stars are in the sky or whatever doesn't mean I don't want it. If my partner isn't respectful & treats me like I'm on a lower level than them, well that's a different story. No I wouldn't feel like having to please someone who thought I was beneath their intelligence but I would try to figure out the problem & possibly therapy as cheating would not solve the problem.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
But men def cheat more though lol.

Actually women cheat more than men... think army wives... think talk show bologna....

anyway... this is dumb thread, but a cool link ... i'll read it later when "i haz cheezeburgerz"

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think the main reason either cheat (men or women), is that they aren't feeling they are getting the attention and/or sex they want, and then someone else pays attention, and gives them what they are lacking...

Add in the danger factor, and it's a potent mix.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I always figured that men/women cheat because they want to feed their ego and want to feel that they still "got" it.

Low self -esteem + someone who strokes their ego = Cheating situation

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled4u

If a man is going to cheat.....well...they are going to cheat....it is in their character and personality....that is just the way some men are....and they really don't need a reason.....other than....they just want to. It is just the way they are naturally..and the way they will always be. Some women are like this too. It is a part of life.

A person can be the best partner in the world...and it won't matter to many...because their natural makeup...is to cheat.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

That is, if you believe in evolution, and statistics, which are always questionable. People cheat because they don't know how, or don't want to say "no".
edit on 22-9-2011 by aero56 because: info

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

I have personally found that cheating happens when:

1.) The opportunity presents itself.
It's quite obvious but if no one is offering an opportunity, there is no opportunity to fear. Maybe this is why that song "never make a pretty woman your wife, blah blah" became an instant hit back in the day....

2.) The relationship is on rocky ground.
Maybe the intimacy is waning... The other is driving them nuts, bonkers, crazy in all the wrong and unpleasant ways...
Maybe the level of stress is too high for either or both partners to handle.
Maybe their lives are turning-about in different directions... they are falling out of sink with each other....

3.) The cheater is unsure what to do/say to fix or get out of it.
They don't know how to handle themselves within the current relationship: whether it be to tell his/her partner their doubts and fears about the relationship, or just to break it off... Which is completely strange when you think about... "Oh, I have no idea what's going on with A, but let me start dating B on the side...."

Yes, there are MANY reasons why people cheat, but that would take all day. Maybe I'll get into some other time on my own thread in the future. Maybe.

Til then,
In light and love,
rs

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join