It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Update at 1:57 p.m. ET:The Associated Press reports that the Pentagon is being evacuated.

An apparent earthquake rocks Washington, D.C. area. Fox news reports that several public buildings, including the Capitol, have been evacuated.

source

Craziness...
What's up East Coast?

link   
felt in philly. dog is on edge right now. Dammit I thought I was gonna have until October to shop for the end of the world

link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Southern Ohio?

Haven't felt anything up by Cleveland, though I did awake suddenly from a afternoon nap.

link   
North Carolina- fort bragg area.

Thank God it was an earthquake, it was my first one and I was watching my computer screen thinking "This is it. I've cracked, the screen is moving, and I'm not touching it. Oh God take me now, I've gone crazy"....

Then my husband sent a text saying "Did you feel the earthquake??" and I have been (for now) proven to not be insane...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just posting that we here in Delaware just expereinced the earthquake too!!!
I am at work and our whole building shook like a shockwave from left to right.

I am hearing reports that it started in Virginia shot straight up to Ontario.
I am also hearing but cannot confirm that the one we felt in Delaawre was registered at 5.8.

Does anybody have any details or links for verification?

*Also, I clearly remember a thread on here about a month ago that predicted something similar to happen on the East Coast. Does anyone remember this? I am going to look for the thread.

Stay Safe People!

link   
reply to post by METACOMET

In Boston also what a strange feeling...shockingly the people in my office were very calm...

link   
New York City, Yes NEW YORK #ING CITY.

I felt an earthquake, everybody left there apartments to go outside!
I have a BoB with me and I'm heading out.

link   
reply to post by darkest4

Im on Long Island too (West Islip) and I felt it. Supposedly there are buildings being evacuated in some parts closer to the city. NO casualties or actual damage reported yet.

It lasted well over a minute. The entire room was shaking and I was seriously worried that the ceiling fan was going to come down.
edit on 23-8-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by loam

think that is 2 earthquakes in what 2 days?

think there was one in colorado today

link   
Tyson's Corner/Vienna, VA checking in here. Was in my basement when I started to feel the house move. Then the shaking got worse and worse before crap started falling off the shelves. Water was splashing out of my 55g fish tank as well. Ran outside and everything was calm and quiet. Neighbor was outside during the thing and saw her house sway back and forth. I'm still a bit shaky right now.

I do know this, that whole talk of animals sensing these natural things is BS, at least for my two dogs. They didn't even bark or whimper. Thanks for nothing fellas, no treats tonite!
edit on 23-8-2011 by gumbico because: grammar police

link   
feel it here in north central NC.
all ok but everything was shaking and rattling for about 1 min.

link   
Burke County NC here, shook the house for about 5-8 seconds, first earthquake ever for me.

link   
reply to post by ltdan08

So there was a 6.0 sized earthquake on the East Coast. What do you East Coasters remember from before the earthquake? Strange lights in the sky? Low vibrations and rumbling before the actual quake? Brain anomalies: headache, dizziness, and 'drunkness' were experienced; anything else? We could get some decent data on earthquake precursors if we notice any patterns.

oh my gosh yes! For me headaches, a lot of lightheadedness, and nauseasness, my husband is the one who pays attention to the skies since he is always walking the dog and he comes home saying things look different in the sky but I never really pay enough attention, I will ask him to give what he has been seeing here when he comes home from work

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
im in a pretty heavy duty communications building in philly and i felt it. reports from other sites from NYC to Richmond VA.

Never felt an earth quake before, i dont think they are common for this area. any thoughts what it could be?

link   
Anyone in the UK feel really light-headed and dizzy atm? i swear it came on in the past 5 minutes, maybe my brain playing tricks with me now since i heard about the earthquakes but...

stay safe in the US guys.

link   
Was Ron Paul in the area??? Did he actually finally explode??

link   
reply to post by Janky Red

West Coaster huh?! LOL

link   
Wow earthqauke hits Virginia.My sister lives in Pennsylvania and an earthquake hit in Latrobe.This is scary.

link   
WOWWWW looks like it was felt all down the East Coast!!!! I felt it here just south of MONTREAL! First time I've felt one in the 15 years I've been here!

I'm not good with earthquakes, is it something off the coast???

-Jimmy-

link   
reply to post by celticsea

felt a good tremor in western massachusets scared by cats jad coffee spilled

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join