It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
They are reporting it was felt in office towers in Toronto. I didn't feel it myself. Too busy watching events unfold in Libya.
edit on 23-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

Yep, we felt it here in Toronto, though I don't think it was as strong as the earthquake that occurred last year in Ottawa.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Im about 45 minutes away from Montreal in Canada, at my printers business printing out some new things when the floor started shaking and the desks as well...

Being on medication after a surgery I simply thought it was my pills making me feel wobbly.. buuut I was wrong when the printer also felt it and so did the guys across the street working on cars.

Pretty interesting, definitely NOT the first quake I've felt, but from where you guys all are you felt it hard, us it was a quick 15-20 seconds tremble, nothing big here..

Hope all is safe.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My aunt, who lives in NYC, felt tremors from that quake!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
Well with the pentagon flooded and homeland security evacuated this certainly presents enough confusion for something even bigger... Stay tuned folks...

link   
any link to the Sun-Earth-Nept connection yet? would be interesting.

my bro's dog from manassas, VA knew it was coming all night, had 'nightmares' in his sleep and atypical breathing even when he does. wow.

i gotta admit cuz of the erratic Snake motion, i wondered if it was the earth collapsing not just a mild quake, for just a sec. i guess thats normal to fear that way?

link   
In Tazewell Va (Southwest Va) and didn't feel anything and I was even laying on the ground working on my truck.

How is it the entire east coast can feel one small 5.9 quake?

link   
I am in Atlanta and I felt it. I had no idea what was going on at the time - I actually thought the cat was wiggling my chair from undeneath it... Really odd - it's the second quake I've felt here in 10 years.

link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I think everyone is aware that it is not that huge of a deal. But millions of people just experienced an earthquake for the first time in their lives. When large scale things like this happen you can't blame people for wanting to talk about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

the buildings in cali are built with earthquakes in mind. in areas where they are not a normal occurrence, the buildings are weaker and shake more violently at a lower magnitude. don't get all cali smug on these people who aren't used to feeling earthquakes, when i was in cali back in 2000 the news station was going on and on and on and on about "STORM WATCH 2000" and people were wrecking all over the highway like it was some major storm... being from Texas, i was like "dude. storm? it's freaking SPRINKLING outside. where's the tornados?!?" - every area has their typical "weather" or things that is norm for the area. when these things happen in areas where it is not normal, then yeah... it freaks people out. and it IS strange. just sayin.

edit on 23-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by loam

Does Russia, China or other countries also operate HAARP like equipment? Are there threads on those. Would like to analyze activity.

link   
20 minutes from Baltimore at work, whole building was shaking. No cell service and long distance land lines are out. Very scary stuff. Heard there was one in Denver earlier. Any chance someone is playing with an earthquake generator?

link   
It was just 20minutes ago hmm.

I am near Erie PA, and I didn't feel anything.

Also did you guys see? Not only was there a rare 3.something quake near Denver Colorado last week, but just earlier there was a 5.3 not long ago. cnn report on historic colorado quake

Plus there is odd activity elsewhere, such as a 2.7-3.1 in one of the Dakotas last week, which is quite rare as well.

And I believe it was pointed out there were strange events going on around Washington state as well.

I find the high coincidence of the quakes from Denver through the great plains very interesting especially when you look at today's 5.8-5.9 on the East Coast.

Maybe there is a pattern forming here?
What is in the middle of all of these locations?
New Madrid?

link   
No one is talking about the New Madrid Fault Line. That is my biggest concern right now.

link   
I'm Curious if it's tied to the Colorado EQ? Two unusually large EQ's per location within less than 24hrs of eachother. Just Thinking.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yeah I felt it too here in Toronto.

Being reported all over the Greater Toronto Area aswell!

link   
This quake was felt at at least two nuclear plants that I know of. It shut North Anna down.

link   
I live just above Knoxville, TN (union county to be exact) Didn't feel the earthquake here at all.
Hope nobody is seriously injured.

link   
reply to post by dalloway

I believe it is called the New York-Alabama Lineament.

link   
Felt it here in Cleveland. They are evacuating some of the taller buildings

link   
Something is off with the reports,I live in southeast ct and i didnt feel anything but supposedly boston mass felt it....
If you draw a line from epicenter to boston I live on the line.How did it skip me?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join