It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ckrules

wouldnt be too quick to call it crazy..in fact if thats the case you are part of a rather large crowd.

link   
reply to post by mossme89

MASSIVELY IMPORTANT THREAD FOR ALL IN THE US TO BE READING NOW!

Will the US Nuclear Reactors survive a 6+?

Bump it brilliant sourced truth, pass it on, twitter it, be informed as we know earthquakes dont usually come in ones.....

Elf

link   
I'm in New Hampshire, about an hour and 10mins north of Boston- didn't feel anything.
Maybe it didn't reach this far north.....

link   
reply to post by loam

This is Gods way to show the white people that inhabit the region turn your wicked sinful ways. Or else expect a catastrophic event that will destroy everything.

You all have been warned. Stop sinning or else. Down with Greed. Down with Babylon . The whore of the World.

link   
reply to post by Jana12

Also, you cannot feel a quake unless it's greater than approximately 6.5 while in the shower with the water running over you, as the water disorients you.

Good to know, I guess that's why my dad didn't feel it. He said he was in the shower.

+1 more 
link   
First Pics of the D.C. area devastation from the earthquake just in!

link   
We're near Greensboro, NC and felt it for a few seconds. At first we thought maybe we were loosing our mind until we signed onto facebook and saw everyone else around the area talking about it too. We have friends who live about 40 minutes north of us and they saw cars shaking around them.

link   
Where is elenin? Any alignments happening today?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Could it be Elenin?

Have we started blaming Obama yet? Or Putin for that matter!

link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
ahahahaha you people are funny I'm from Cali and have personally slept through stronger quakes. OMG a 5.9 we are all going to die lol. Think japan now scale it back ok how do you feel about your little quake now.

Yeah, but when it rains in Southern California, the drivers act like they are driving on ice. So....it goes both ways.

link   
Let me take this time to make a few notes:

1. Why do people insist on RE-POSTING??? Seriously can't you quickly search, I went to ATS right away and there were TONS of posts about the quake. Come on people ORGANIZE! (Thanks Mods!)

2. Anyone else annoyed by the "DOOM AND GLOOM" posters. OH NO IT"S THE END OF THE WORLD!!! Seriously, it's a quake, YES, the world will end but don't shout about it EVERY TIME!

3. How deep was this quake and how does the depth affect the amount of potential damage?

Thanks ATS!!!

link   
Felt here in Cleveland. They are filming the "Avengers" movie in downtown Cleveland; figured it was from a special effects explosion or something. I think I'll blame Obama.

link   
I just felt it in Iran.

link   
reply to post by loam

I'm also in DC. Scary stuff.

link   
yep we felt it here in Pittsburgh, PA. Nothing major. I sure hope there is no major injuries down at the epicenter.

link   
Obama is on vacation while this happens? HAARP DID IT!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Could it be Elenin?

Ummm, no it could not..!!

Originally posted by mixmix
From news channel
Pentagon is evacued.
no link. sorry.

I bet nobody else was evacuated..lol

They know it's comming and had a panick attack, thinking it had come early ans scurried to get to safety, getting caught doing it.. that should raise some eyebrows...lolol

link   

Originally posted by plainview
Felt it too, in Baltimore. I thought my dog was scratching himself and shaking the couch... then the couch started shaking a lot more and stuff started falling over... then I got it.

lol I was half asleep and was jolted out of my bed.

I thought it was a low flying aircraft until my cat literally bounced off the wall. Apparently a lot of people thought it was something other than a earthquake. Not a lot of people have experienced earthquakes with high magnitudes like this around here.

link   
New York Governor: Emergency Management continues to monitor effects to state from Virginia earthquake.
via Newswire

link   
I live in Richmond, Vs. Actually upgraded to 6.0 and epicenter 40 miles from me.
lasted a while entire house shook!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join