It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Possible) Earthquake in East Midlands, England. Anyone else feel it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Not too far from ya in the west midlands, but nothing here. Not to say it wasn't an earthquake though.
They are on the increase, and in unexpected places.
Had one here in 2003. Scared the # outa me!

Elenin draws near hehe

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stefplz

I can not help my English friends directly(have English Brother in-law) The quarry has me inquisitive. At least in the U.S., they put it on all media when blasting at least a week ahead of time. 1:30am is odd though. I do not know your regulations, but blasts that affect enough towns will not happen at night here.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I was wide awake in the west mids at that time....No one in this house felt a thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm in the East Midlands - Nottingham, I would have been asleep at that time but I never or felt heard a thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

i think its being generally accepted as a localised incident(be it subsidence, lorry, nothing?) interesting none the less, god to see some of the uk members trying to work it out... i used to live in redditch, i remember a not unsubstantial quake when i was about 6... so mid 80's... i loved it, sister nearly got crushed by her wardrobe.. that was funny.. at the time... beleive there was also one that cracked dudley castle

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
East midlands.. Notts area. Was awake at that time, but can't say I noticed anything unusual.
Neither did my small one. And believe me; small will use ANY excuse to get out of bed and have a wander around..

Is it me or has there been quite a few tremors in the UK over the last few weeks???

p.s. I used to live in 'Bong eaton', but escaped..

Felt the big tremor we had while I was there a few years ago. That was mad! We thought a car had crashed into our front garden!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

its a bad sign when i come back to check a thread out and it takes me 10 mins to work out a signature

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume

Is it me or has there been quite a few tremors in the UK over the last few weeks???

We normally get a handful a week around the UK, though most aren't noticeable.

Essan, my home in Scotland, got hit by 8 on Sunday/Monday, but I was down here in Evesham at the time so missed them.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Could be a localised mine collapse. Many of the wooden props holding the hundred+ shafts up are succumbing to the usual woodworm/rot, allsorts of stuff you'd expect wooden beams to be subjected to after hundreds of years underground supporting tonnes of rock above it.
Many of the quakes are reported like this, localised quakes with one or two houses shaking but a mile or two away noone would have felt anything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join