It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman to POTUS: 'Get pissed off'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Our country would be a lot cooler if Freeman were President. Just to hear him talk is always fascinating for me. Imagine his State of the Union but add cinematic music to it.

"Effective immediately, you're all going to FEMA camps where you will die..."

*audience cheers*

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Two incredibly wealthy, successful, adored, famous men having an exchange at one of the most expensive golf courses in the nation, while the massess clammer for a job.

This should not even be "press worthy"

These two men cannot relate to the massess within the country that affords their success, much relate to "their people".

Neither man is common, neither man feels the pain right now, neither man will feel the pain tomorrow, and neither man will ever "understand" what is "real" in our country right now, to the average person who encompass the majority.

They are elite, each in their own way, but elite nonetheless.

I think our Leaders should be "focused" right now and not vacationing, or laying low. Just my opinion.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
While I believe that we all could use this for some reflection, perhaps the POTUS could stand to let this song sink into his psyche as well..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant

Well it is a historic occasion. Its the first time there have been 5 black people on Martha's Vineyard at the same time.

The whole thing is a joke. When the economy was in the can during the Clinton Admin, he was scheduled to go to the Vineyard as well, but thought better of it and went to Wyoming instead. Of course that was a person with a bit of political sensitivity.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by MentalGiant

Well it is a historic occasion. Its the first time there have been 5 black people on Martha's Vineyard at the same time.

The whole thing is a joke. When the economy was in the can during the Clinton Admin, he was scheduled to go to the Vineyard as well, but thought better of it and went to Wyoming instead. Of course that was a person with a bit of political sensitivity.

Like obama recently blaming his problems on "bad luck". He actually thinks he's unique in having negative things happen that you have to deal with while you are president? He doesn't just get to do only the fun parts of being president?

For the last several presidents:

Kennedy - Cuban situation(s) - missile crisis and Bay of Pigs
Johnson - Kennedy assassination and Viet Nam
Nixon - Viet Nam
Ford - Nixon resignation
Carter I - bad economy and iran hostages
Reagan - global cold war
Bush I - Kuwait
Clinton - Bosnia and sex scandals (OK, Clinton caused those himself)
Bush II - 9/11

That's a lot of far worse luck than obama has had to face ...

Now all those presidents surely took vacations, but I recall them also facing up to their presidential duties like men and not whiners.

edit on 8/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I wish actors knew that when they get involved in politics they will usually make half of their fan base angry. The country is split almost down the middle. So now I have to add Morgan to the list, it's a shame really. His buddy Tim Robbins lost me years ago. Then theres Danny Glover and Sean Pe.., can't even finish typing his name
. In all fairness to Mr. Freeman what he said doesn't rank with the others listed. Hope he's done.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Its actually quite predictable that Obama is blaming everyone and everything for his troubles. He has not had to work hard for a thing in his life. He had not encountered struggle nor had to push against serious challenges. I've read his books, I've read a few of the serious biographys about the man and there is not a single incident in his life where he seriously had to work hard and achieve an objective.

Not in academics, he is super smart and it came easy
Not in sports, he never played serious competetive sports
Not in the arts, he never was nor attempted to become an accomplished artist
Not in business, he never had a job in business
Not in community organizing, how the hell can you personally struggle as a community organizer
Not in politics, he was tossed into the Senate, accomplished nothing while there.
Not in reaching the Presidency. He ran against Clinton when folks were tired of the Bill and Hill show and then against an old war horse who the entire country is sick and tired of

The gent has not confronted serious difficulty in his life. There is absolutely no mystery that he would blame others for his troubles.

If you read a historically accurate biography of the man without knowing him and then asked yourself if you would predict that that person would be tough and determined, willing to confront any challenge, your answer would be NO. There may be a few boneheads who would answer "Can't tell". I can't think of a person who would answer "Hell yes, this gent is tough and has been through the hard school of life".

He is not a person you want in the fox hole with you.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

He is not a person you want in the fox hole with you.

Great post.

The last part made me laugh because based on everything else you said, obama would only be in the foxhole with you if YOU dug the hole big enough for obama to also fit in there with you. Then if anything still happened to obama he could/would blame you for not digging the foxhole deep enough ...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman and Andy Duphrane in 2012, sounds like an awesome ticket, I mean we're pretty close to Shawshank now, let's just get it over with!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Some of you simply don't get it.

What Morgan Freeman said is exactly what I've been saying.

OBAMA NEEDS TO ACT LIKE HE HAS SOME BALLS.

Actually show some compassion, LEAD, for the love of God stand up for the working class an umemployed. RAISE YOUR VOICE. He lets himself get railroaded at every opportunity.

That's all this is about.

And btw...Freeman is one helluva actor.

He should have won an award for the Shawshank Redemption...one of the best movies of all time.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Too bad freemans a retard for backing a conniving halfwit, now i'm pissed off

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Your statement says it all - you want him to ACT like he has a set.

Pretty much like asking Telly Savalas to act like he has hair. Now he can do it, its just not that convincing.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Your statement says it all - you want him to ACT like he has a set.

Yeah, that's it...i actually want him to ACT. Come on....don't be so literal. GROW some balls. That better?

Regardless, I don't think he has them...if he does...he sure hasn't shown it.

He needs to get off the damned pre written speeches and TALK to people....stand up for them. It's always the same hallow rhetoric with him.

This is what I want to see in a President.

edit on 22-8-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So he should get pissed off about what exactly? I know why I'm pissed off. I lost my job at government motors when my dealership lost it's franchise. They sued and got it back, good for them! Meanwhile I'm making much less. Yeah, change we can believe in!

edit on 22-8-2011 by JMech because: spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
But you guys. Obama DID grow some, and get p****d off.

AT LIBYA.

For some reason. (Scratches head...)

Which I can't figure......out...why.....

Um....

oo

rr

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If Obama is going to get pissed off at anyone, it should be himself. "Hope and Change" has not worked out too well. Things have definitely changed-the economy is even worse than it was under Bush (which I never would have imagined three years ago), and lots of people have lost hope as a result.

On another note, I'm pissed off at myself because I supported this man, even though I had doubts about his experience. I should have listened to my gut.
edit on 22-8-2011 by ShadesofGrey78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
That is what the real problem is with Obama. It's not so much that he possibly doesn't care about the issues, but the issues he claims to be fighting for he knows nothing about. Everything he campaigns for is what he "thinks" he should campaign for because those are the kind of people he set out to surround himself with.

He isn't able to get angry about the issues, because the only thing he cares about is his re-election as that is the only thing he has had to really work hard for in his life. You'll see it come campaign season when he sets back out officially on the campaign trail and he has to fight to get his poll numbers up.

People just need to come to grips with the reality that we elected(even though I didn't vote for him my countrymen did) a president that only knows how to campaign. It's a great skill to get into office, but its not worth much else when you are faced with decisions that can effect the lives of millions of people.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join