It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman to POTUS: 'Get pissed off'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Another obama deja vu moment.

Recall that during the Gulf oil spill, obama acted so not engaged that several of his more famous supporters had to tell obama to get angry. And so shortly after that there was a press release telling us all how angry obama was.

Well, here we are again with a Hollywood actor - Freeman - meeting obama on the golf course and telling the president to act "pissed off".

source

When President Obama jumped on the back nine of the celebrity-clogged Vineyard Golf Club course on Sunday, he ran into none other than Morgan Freeman, Oscar winner and Obama backer.

“What I wanted to tell him is to get pissed off, get fighting mad,” the actor told the paper.

So get ready for obama's press secretary to issue a press release about how "pissed off" obama is.

But alas, it seems that Freeman neglected to tell obama what to get "pissed off" about ...

Note: I always liked the type of president Freeman has portrayed in some of his movie roles. Too bad he couldn't have given obama some pointers on how to be like those presidents.

edit on 8/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: add more stuff

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman would have been a much better President than Obama. He is certainly a much better actor than Obama.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman has always been one of my favorite actors..........

Unfortunately I have less respect for him if he believes in the joke of a prez.

Then again, who knows what he meant by get pissed off?

That's why sometimes I would rather not know the political affiliations or opinions of some actors.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sorry Morgan this isnt like running a bad inner city high school with a baseball bat. This is real life and I am pretty sure you have no formal training whatsoever to be able to give advice on this one. No joe clark story here REAL LIFE!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've been saying that Obama needs to grow a pair for a while now.

He needs to take a page from R. Lee Ermey i'm thinking. Or at least be as tough as Reagan.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
"Get pissed off" At who? At what?

I don't think we need our POTUS making knee jerk reactions based on emotion.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Allurchips,
He probably has more experience than Obama did going into office.
Might be a good idea to take that advice you're offering Freeman and instead give it to BO.
edit on 22-8-2011 by louieprima because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Obama better listen if God is telling him to get pissed
www.imdb.com...
I mean he got this dude to build a boat in his yard!
seed

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
My name is Barack Obama and I'm mad! GEEEEERRRRR!! Now I will all the votes in the world. I cannot stand Obama and his supporters. The sooner he's gone the better.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If he's not mad at us now.

I don't want to be here if he's pissed off.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44323fd8a79b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman didn't actually tell him to get pissed off. He WANTED to tell him to get pissed off. Not much of a story here unless the media wants to go around and ask everybody what they want to tell the president. Now that would be interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I've been saying that Obama needs to grow a pair for a while now.

He needs to take a page from R. Lee Ermey i'm thinking.

Not happening. Obama would have to learn the difference between a corpsman and a "corpse-man".

Or at least be as tough as Reagan.

Not even remotely possible. Reagan had a sort of quiet, dignified toughness. Obama seems all show and no go - which is quite the opposite of Reagan.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Didn't realize that part of the story.

Must be a slow news day?

But I agree with the earlier commenter: Freeman was better at playing a fictional President than Obama currently is at playing a fictional President.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

He already is pissed off. He had to skip a hole on the golf course yesterday because there were press with cameras next to the tee.

At least Freeman had the Obama election strategy right:

"On Obama’s chances for reelection, Freeman added, “If I could vote for him 1,000 times, I would.”

www.politico.com...

The Chicago machine will do everything they can to see to it that folks will be able to vote 1000 times for Obama should they wish to

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Sorry Morgan this isnt like running a bad inner city high school with a baseball bat. This is real life and I am pretty sure you have no formal training whatsoever to be able to give advice on this one. No joe clark story here REAL LIFE!

An actor with no political experience is dishing advice to a President with no political experience. It sounds like a decent match to me. How can it make matters worse? Personally, I'd feel just a bit better about Obama if he actually did seem to CARE about something beyond his image as he reads prepared text.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

In the words of Kelso "Burnedddddd" LMAO

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

I totally share the same views. Same with Matt Damon. Was a great actor to watch. But I will not give him one more dollar of my money after his statements in politics.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
yeah lets have an angry liberal running around scremaing bloody murder and telling people to go to hell

no wait that last part was a different thread my bad.

so morgan freeman wants obama to act like maxine waters?

god help us all

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join