It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality among men and the grim risks it entails

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
AIDS is a gay disease?

Before you read the statistics (by the way, most of the statistics are from the government, the same one telling you too accept and treat the gay life style as "normal"), how many gay men are there? Appying figures to the 2003 U.S. population (283 Million), it's around two million (.7% of the U.S. population) [1].

But since that was 8 years ago, let's just say that it's 2% (yes, I know, I'm giving them some leverage; I more than doubled their estimated population). Keep this small population in mind as you read the staggering disproportionite statistics.

In 2006, MSM (Men who have sex with men) accounted for more than half (53%) of all new HIV infections in the United States, and MSM with a history of injection drug use (MSM-IDU) accounted for an additional 4% of new infections. At the end of 2006, more than half (53%) of all people living with HIV in the United States were MSM or MSM-IDU. Since the beginning of the US epidemic, MSM have consistently represented the largest percentage of persons diagnosed with AIDS and persons with an AIDS diagnosis who have died. [2]

In 2007, MSM were 44 to 86 times as likely to be diagnosed with HIV compared with other men, and 40 to 77 times as likely as women. [2]

While CDC estimates that MSM account for just 4 percent of the U.S. male population aged 13 and older, the rate of new HIV diagnoses among MSM in the U.S. is more than 44 times that of other men (range: 522–989 per 100,000 MSM vs. 12 per 100,000 other men). [3]

MSM are the only risk group in the U.S. in which new HIV infections are increasing. While new infections have declined among both heterosexuals and injection drug users, the annual number of new HIV infections among MSM has been steadily increasing since the early 1990s. [3]

AIDS continues to claim the lives of too many MSM. Since the beginning of the epidemic, more than 279,000 MSM with AIDS have died. [3]

Q: Are condoms strong enough for anal intercourse?

The Surgeon General (C. Everett Koop, Surgeon General 1982-1989) has said, "Condoms provide some protection, but anal intercouse is simply too dangerous to practice". Condoms may be more likely to break during anal intercourse than during other types of sex because of the greater amount of friction and other stresses involved. Even if the condom doesn't break, anal intercourse is very risky because it can cause tissue in the rectum to tear and bleed. [4]

In a scholarly article entitled "Health Risks: Homosexuality And Other Practices", written by Michelle A. Cretella (MD) and Philip M. Sutton (PhD, LMFT, LP), it says "the estimated HIV risk with a single sexual exposure through receptive anal intercourse (2%) is 20 times greater than for receptive vaginal intercourse (0.1%)". [5]

In addition, in the abstract of an Internation Conference on AIDS on July 9-14, 2000 it says "Analysis of data from various European and US studies indicates per-act HIV infectivity of receptive anal sex is approx. 20 times greater than vaginal sex". [6]

STD's

Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) have been increasing among gay and bisexual men. Recent increases in syphilis cases have been documented across the country. In 2008, men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 63% of cases in the United States. MSM often are diagnosed with other bacterial STDs, including chlamydia and gonorrhea infections. [7]

In 2004, overall median clinic gonorrhea positivity in MSM was 15% (range: 11-17%) at any anatomic site. [8]

References:

[1] www.adherents.com...
[2]http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm
[3]http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/fastfacts-msm-final508comp.pdf
[4]Type in the quote. It'll be the first link.
[5]http://www.narth.com/docs/healthrisks.html
[6]http://gateway.nlm.nih.gov/MeetingAbstracts/ma?f=102239436.html
[7]http://cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm
[8]http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats04/msm.htm

edit on 22-8-2011 by Reprobation because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 22-8-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Are you aware that most homosexuals do not engage in anal intercorse?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
save it...

just save it.

You're better than this.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Reprobation

...two things...

...1... heterosexual couples also engage in anal sex... done properly there is no tearing or tissue damage...

...2... whats your point?...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm Gay. I'm in a monogamous relationship, and I practice safe sex with my Partner. In addition, we do not practice Anal sex, and I know many other Gay men who do not like Anal sex either.

You sound like nothing but a troll who is trying to spread fear and hate, and you have been reported.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Inconceivable

..i think troll is a bit strong... maybe they have a non-obnoxious point that they havent gotten around to yet...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

Perhaps a link or something to support your saying?

@Dan. And these are what the statistics say; don't be mad at me. Just the messenger.

@WynHawks...if you read it...you'd know that the statistics say it's much riskier for gay men...read it again...

@Inconceivable...typical of you...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inconceivable
...and you have been reported.

Lol, "Your freedoms end where my feelings start".

I'm not gay, I don't think this thread has that much merit, but just because we don't like OP's message, doesn't mean he can't discuss it. He's not bashing anyone, just sharing some statistics he feels should be shared.

Get a grip people!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reprobation
reply to post by Fishticon84

Perhaps a link or something to support your saying?

I don't have a link, I have gay friends that told me that.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reprobation
@WynHawks...if you read it...you'd know that the statistics say it's much riskier for gay men...read it again...

...i did read it... have read similar MANY times... again, did you have a personal point to make?... or are you just doing your civil duty by rebroadcasting government induced research and statistics?...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I recall when AIDS/HIV first came to the attention of the world, in general, it was considered a male homosexual disease. Just saying.........I don't know if the OP is fearmongering or not. I don't check such statistics.

But, I remember John (Johnny Wadd) Holmes laughing about AIDS, because it was considered a Haitian homo sexual disease, and he assured the interviewer that he was safe because he wasn't going to screw a male Haitian homosexual. John Holmes died from complications from AIDs................
HIV/ AIDS knows no difference of the gender of anyone.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
AIDS is not a "homosexual" virus.

Its an ignorance virus. People do not care enough about themselves to take precautionary measures.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
OP do you have a point to all this?

I know they are statistics but there still has to be a point since most homosexuals know about these statistics.

Do you want them to stop being gay based on these statistics?
What about the statistics that show that African Americans typically die at younger ages then Caucasians?
Should they stop to?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisasterButton
AIDS is not a "homosexual" virus.

Its an ignorance virus. People do not care enough about themselves to take precautionary measures.

THANK YOU!

I like your logic ;]

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
About homosexuality.

Some men prefer males, some women prefer females.

This is not a choice. This is something that is within each person.

It has been around since the world began.

My view is this:

Let us live and let live. And I am so sad that the AIDS virus has killed so many terrific people, including a few close friends of mine.

People cannot change their sexual leanings.

So let's leave them to it.

And, by the way, many men force their female partners to have anal intercourse.

And probably a lot of straight people have anal intercourse by choice.

In case you are wondering, I am not gay. But I believe that all people are equal.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
So you posted a bunch of statistics, but what are your thoughts? Stop gay marriage? Ban gay sex? A safety reminder for gays out there?...ha.

Or are you "just saying"? Compiling a bunch of statistics without actually saying anything isn't helpful for a thread. Similar to how some post videos in the OP and say pretty much nothing after concerning it, which always tends to go over well.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Inconceivable

This is a thread on statistics about gay people, not religion.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

When I first saw the statistics, I was astonished and thought why not share it with others. I had never thought gay men could be at risk at a disproportionate rate for HIV than heterosexuals. Never crossed my mind, till I saw someone post it on a forum.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This thread is actually about nothing.
It would be like if I made a thread that just said "smoking is bad.. that is all".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join