It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality among men and the grim risks it entails

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

so besides the fact that your statistics don't actually represent a large enough sampling, you are completly ignoring the large chunk of straight men and women who think they are "immune" because they aren't gay, and are NOT getting checked.

What the heck are you talking about not a "large enough sampling", OF ALL HIV cases each years more than HALF are from gay men. These statistics are based on whole populations, not "a group of gays over here and over there". Sure there are heterosexuals who walk around thinking they don't have HIV, no doubt about that. But, gay men are less than FIVE PERCENT of the U.S. population, yet, astonishingly, account for more than 50% of all HIV cases each year and it just keeps getting higher each year. Did you ignore the fact that while the CDC estimates that MSM account for just 4 percent of the U.S. male population aged 13 and older, the rate of
new HIV diagnoses among MSM in the U.S. is more than 44 times that of other men (range: 522–989 per 100,000 MSM vs. 12 per 100,000 other men).

Well I didn't include that last part in the statistics (the ratio), but you get the point.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Reprobation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Wheres the lack of merit in this thread???

If youre a religious minded person, and you can see, veritably, that homosexuality appears to have empirical consequences like a tremendously increased risk of HIV, and other STDs, than id say this thread has tremendous merit.

How are we to INTERPRET these statistics is the question.

A non-religious person will consider any interpretation subjective and lacking any value.

A religious person looks at facts and believes he is learning something about the essential nature of reality. WHY do people who have anal sex - an act mostly associated with homosexuality - why have they been stricken with an incurable condition that attacks mans very immune system, which, interpreted ontologically, would symbolize mans spiritual resistance towards impurity.

Anal sex has been equated with the ultimate form of moral corruption; as symbolized in the story of Sodom and Gamorrah. The entire story is an allegory for what happens to one when he corrupts himself to that degree - which physically manifests as desires towards base sexual perverions. The soul is 'captured' (ie Lot, Abrahams nephew) by the forces of evil (the townspeople)...

To me, the seemingly spontaneous phenomena of HIV and AIDS amongst Homosexuals in particularly is inherently connected to a metaphysical, transcendant level of reality. This reaity is then reflected, or projected, into this world as a physical condition. And its apt that the physical is the part which destroys you. All spiritual corruption is connected with physicality.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DisasterButton

Than i guess gays are the most ignorant.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Quick, the OP just showed some statistics that shows alot of homosexauls are disease ridden compared to straight peole, that's it I'm reporting him, how dare he support the argument of what over half the world believes, which is homosexuality is against their God, a sickness, and worthy of punishment.

All this rubbish about minority groups, blah blah blah, what a bunch of diatribe, people who sacrifice virgins are a minority group too, should we give them rights if they can get the virgins to consent to being sacrificed? tis getting to be a very sick world indeed, political correctness has become a wild animal.

I might actually report the homosexuals for trolling, as it seems they will do anything to silence those who are against their ways, including reporting anyone who speaks against them.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
People just need to worry about themselves, and the world would be a much more peaceful place
Who really cares what the guy next store is doing anyway

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

HAHA

That is so funny...

Everyone of us can claim to be an oppressed minority group.

Thats where the perverted logic of egalitarianism logically leads to.

But since this society only uses minority groups, like depraved homosexuals - not all homosexuals, but a very large number of them which indulge in anal sex, and Islamists, another group with political immunity, even though we can all agree that once we learn the basics of Islam, that Islam is not at all reconcilable to Western values like Liberty, Equality between sexes, democracy etc, to advance its own agenda, it only uses whats necessary to achieve that end. For instance, any group that is actually oppressed and sufferrs, but doesnt benefit the establishment, is completely ignored. Only those things which benefit the goals of the establishment become the moral equivalent of war. Everything else is ignored.

This is why those who support gay rights also jump with glee in support of Muslims who are unfairly 'racially profiled' at airports. If a man identfied with red hair, and freckles kills somone, are we going to call profiling everyone with red hair and freckles 'racial profiling" or will we think clearly and see this practice as a practical and reasonable measure to take find and apprehend him? Likewise, terrorist attacks are 19 times out of 20, committed by muslim extremists. Its in the very religion of Islam - and its why Islamic jurisprudence divides the world into dar al islam - house of islam or submission, and dar al harb - house of war, that is, yet to be conquered.

Anything in vogue, they'll jump on the bandwagon.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think people who think being gay is a sickness needs a wakeup call.

You do realise that animals, and insects, can also be homosexual? Fair few of em are too.

www.youtube.com...

Also, there are a #load more hetrosexuals having unprotected sex than tehre are homosexuals. Therefor, automaticly, that is if you want to use logic instead of religion or blatant hatred, theres more, and alot higher chance, for hetrosexual couples to pickup HIV/AID.

Unprotected as in - Its ok baby, im on the pill, you dont need that condom.
edit on 22-8-2011 by TigaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TigaHawk

Did oyu have trouble with the stastics he gave?

A gay man has a 40 times increased risk of contracting HIV then anyone else.

Therefore there IS a connection between homosexuality and the illness.

Apparently non gays, although they will pick up HIV and other STDS aswell if they are debauched enough, do not pick the virus up as frequently as gay men do..

Blame nature, not me, or the OP..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh yes, the typical "I-will-use facts-so-that-my-hateful-and-xenophobic-opinion-is-shrouded-in-an-air-of-neutral-seeming-statistics" posts...

Can't you folks just admit you are scared #less of something you don't even try to understand?
It's getting old...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Reprobation

I'm not gay, but i dont condemn or condone it, what people do behind closed doors is THEIR BUSINESS, not mine

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

I can't remember what I said.

Was it Romans 1 ?

I'm not sure, but I know that Romans 1 is offensive to homosexuals. It's a Christian doctrine and since I'm a Christian I take what it says seriously. Anyway, if you see a sticker here, that was why. I think, because I just can't remember what I said.

Carry on.......

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

African Americans accounted for ~40% of new AIDS cases, but they only are about 13% of the population.

These are governmental statistics (the same government that tries to convince us that the African-American lifestyle is "normal").

/end sarcasm

census numbers
stats on aids
edit on 22-8-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

I'm not gay, but i dont condemn or condone it, what people do behind closed doors is THEIR BUSINESS, not mine

But that's it, it's not behind closed doors, it's in the street and in your face. It's forced upon your kids, forced to be accepted in the schools, the workplace etc. They are forcing everyone to condemn or condone it. It used to be a private secret if you wanted to do that stuff.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Oh yes, the typical "I-will-use facts-so-that-my-hateful-and-xenophobic-opinion-is-shrouded-in-an-air-of-neutral-seeming-statistics" posts...

Are you asinine? These are statistical figures which make it a fact, not an "opinion". Since when can statistics seem "neutral"? Statistics tell about the rate of the occurrence of something, whether you like it or not - it's reality. Face it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

His issue is why are you bringing it up.

Starting a thread about statistics is itself very neutral, yet homophiles want you to come out and say what you think.

Do them the favor and interpret the significance of these statistics. What does it suggest about homosexuality?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't know....lets put a spin on this.....what if we were to say MEN were at higher risk for aids? Would that change the tone of this thread?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by HomerinNC

But that's it, it's not behind closed doors, it's in the street and in your face. It's forced upon your kids, forced to be accepted in the schools, the workplace etc. They are forcing everyone to condemn or condone it. It used to be a private secret if you wanted to do that stuff.

So because the gay's are only now just getting confidence that they're not going to get beaten half to death on teh street for expressing their feelings to their partners just like a hetrosexual couple will means they're shoving it in you're face?

So realy, by forcing, you mean coming to terms with the fact that people are different and have different choices and opionins, and because they dont hide all of it behind closed doors they're forcing it in your'e face?

wow @ you haters.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420
I don't know....lets put a spin on this.....what if we were to say MEN were at higher risk for aids? Would that change the tone of this thread?

MEN are at a higher risk for aids. In particular gay men.....Thats what the OP obviously stated with facts and percentages.

I find it extremely ignorant that homosexuals and gay supporting heterosexuals see these facts as hatefull. Thats just dumb, Facts dont have feelings, or opinions, they are just facts based upon studies done...How can anyone in their right mind inturpret a fact as hateful...

Butt sex among gay men is apparently spreading and increasing the VERY SERIOUS HIV/Aids virus...And STD's, why is it wrong or hatefull to inform people of this?

To the he/she who reported the OP, dont get your panties in a bunch man....They are just facts. People post facts that I dont like about the government everyday. I dont report them, grow up!

Im not a homophobe, im an ignorant-people-a-phobe.

edit on 22-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Prolonged anal sex weakens the sphinctor muscle.

Thus, if you find incontinence attractive, dont have anal sex.

...thats archaic bs, dear, and it comes from the same willfully ignorant knuckle-draggers who promote puritanical stances, such as only slutty females expose their cleavage in public...

...as i stated in one of my early-on posts, anal sex is not harmful if done properly... key words are "if done properly"... this is simple common sense - as is the reality that vaginal penetration is not damaging if done properly but, if done improperly, it can cause damage...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Lot's of ignorant opinions and rapid fire remarks here from people who should know better, I'm not keen on homosexuals but I've come to the realisation that I'm no one to judge as long as nothing is being forced down my throat (pun maybe or maybe not intended)

I don't really see the OP as spreading hate or otherwise similar here,

Just a lot of touchy replies...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join