It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Symbols in Israeli Supreme Court Building paid for by the Rothchilds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
So, what's the deal, why couldn't the triangle represent a 3d pyramid, and why a triangle for that matter.

Because it represents the threefold nature of the Deity.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Um... no... we don't have that symbol in my Lodge.

A girl in my sisters workplace had her wedding reception in Oxford masonic centre. Her father was a freemason so she had her reception there. She got changed in a room which had an all seeing eye in a triangle. It freaked her out. She told my girlfriend because she thought it was funny and they both had no idea what the symbol represents.

My girl told me and I smiled. Knowing the masonic centre is at street number 333 it made me smile even more. I am not saying it has anything to do with 666, but its a funny Coincidence!
www.oxfordshiremasons.org.uk...

All seeing eye in pyramid is NOT a mason symbol originally, however like most things it seems the symbol has been taken under their wing. There is so much egyptian symbols within the 'higher' areas of freemasonary. Why is that?

www.irish-freemasons.org... Hexagram in a cicle within the window.
www.irish-freemasons.org... Why is their an egyptian style room in an IRISH freemason lodge?? explain?
internet.lodge.org.uk... Rich organisation to build such rich buildings. no?

Now we look up at the ceiling

[edit on 21-8-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
A few points.

The claim that the triangle is a pyramid merely because it is 2d is ridiculous. All drawings are 2d but there is a way of drawing a pyramid to make it look 3d. If somebody wants to draw a pyramid it will end up being a different shape to a triangle.

I'm with Alex. There are no pyramids in my Lodge either. So the claim that all Lodges contain pyramids is totally false.

To the above poster? Hexagram? That looks like it was purposely created to look like a star.
As for being a rich organisation? Yes. We do have money - as the amount we give to charity each year displays. But a lot of the work that is done in our Lodges is done by masons themselves. You have every walk of life in masonry - including those in the construction industry. Quite often they will donate their time for free to work on the Lodge building.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Leveller,

You know that its more then a star. You know its found within the walls, floors, doors, ceilings, art, seals, you get the idea. Star of David/hexagram. The 'star' takes on a different meaning with a circle is around it. Don't just palm it off a 'just a star'.

www.bessel.org/statseal.htm

Interest page. A lot of graphics but the all seeing eye is everywhere. I like Brazils one. Which is your favourite?

You say freemasonary receives help building from its construction members? does that mean it receives help from its police members? judge members? president/princes/primeminister members? Lawyer members? govement officals members? I have heard its a bit you stratch my back I'll stratch yours. What about the little window cleaner freemason? he suddenly doesn't play much of a part in the bigger picture now does he?

Rich is an understatment
home.swipnet.se...

www.cephasministry.com...

3 is a powerful number for mystery societys. But that is another topic.

Freemasonary is older then it say it is, thats my stance. Maybe there was something before Freemasonary and its ancient knowledge is past to the enlighten few. After all you can't exactly be enlighten unless you know something of great substance that others do not. You also wouldn't go to great lenghts to hold secrets unless they were worth holding.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
Leveller,

You know that its more then a star. You know its found within the walls, floors, doors, ceilings, art, seals, you get the idea. Star of David/hexagram. The 'star' takes on a different meaning with a circle is around it. Don't just palm it off a 'just a star'.

No. I didn't state that it's "just" a star. What I claimed is that it is a star - as anyone with half good eyesight can see by looking at your link.
You are the one claiming it to be "just" a hexagram when it distinctly looks like a star. I dunno if you've noticed, but occultic hexagrams tend to be line drawn and you can clearly see the shapes that they're made up of. The star in your picture is filled in with gold.

As for the star in a circle having a meaning?

There are many instances where stars are found in circles. The "occultic" USAF insiginia is just one example.

I think you will find that the answer lies more in mathematics and geometry than it does in "magick".

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
I think you will find that the answer lies more in mathematics and geometry than it does in "magick".

Indeed. How We were made - William Neil Is a very good book. However certain numbers and geometry have qualities which when combined have a greater meaning.

Dismiss the occult meaings/other meaning ot these stars if you like, but they are there and were around long before any American army or modern day masons. LONG before.

Either they use them because in the shadows they are decendent from the ancients who used them or every company and organisation that uses those stars have a serious lack of imagination when it comes to thinking of new company logos.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

[Indeed. How We were made - William Neil Is a very good book. However certain numbers and geometry have qualities which when combined have a greater meaning.

I'll have to get hold of a copy of that.
There is no doubt in my mind that geometry and mathematics plays a great part in the grand scheme of things.
One of my personal favourites is Vitruvian Man by Da Vinci. You could even play about with it yourself and fit a few more geometrical lines in there.

encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com...

You also have Phi and all of it's great properties.

goldennumber.net...

My personal belief is that mathematics gives a greater insight to the individual into how life works. There have been authorities throughout history who have deemed the individual unworthy of receiving this knowledge and have therefore branded anything to do with it as being "occult", thereby insinuating an unpleasantness that really isn't there.
The same goes with a lot of masonic symbols. Because they have been deemed throughout history to be occultic (when in reality they are scientific), some people tend to look for explanations and reasons that aren't there. But even worse, there are symbols that conspiracy theorists misjudge and put in the class of the "occult" when they are something else entirely - ie: turning a triangle into a pyramid.

So even though there probably are some symbols which the uneducated may deem to be "evil" (even though they are based on science which means that they aren't!!! After all, is mathematics evil?) they also unworthily twist and change the meaning of the symbols which everyone else usually accepts as being normal.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

A few points.

The claim that the triangle is a pyramid merely because it is 2d is ridiculous. All drawings are 2d but there is a way of drawing a pyramid to make it look 3d. If somebody wants to draw a pyramid it will end up being a different shape to a triangle.

Wouldn't you say though that it is nearly impossible or at least inconvenient to attempt drawing an all seeing eye within a pyramid. It definitely woud not look symmetrical. But maybe I'm wrong, do people draw all seeing eyes within pyramids or do they always appear to be in a triangle? Plus, anyone know about that paper NH brought up?

On a side note, if you look at the US dollar bill it shows a pyramid with the all seeing eye as a capstone, although I know some like to say its unfinished, it does have much more similarity when you take it as one picture.

It's also interesting to note the words "New Secular Order" underneath the all seeing eye of God. Secular can be defined as "non-religious," not adhering to a religion. Though it cannot be said to be only earthly, for we see the mention of God all over the place in the US government. Just seems pretty similar to the concept of Masonry, thats all.

I'm not trying to say its bad or anything, cause you guys seem alright, Im just trying to see the extent of their influence.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

By Leveller:

ByJahmuhn:
Wouldn't you say though that it is nearly impossible or at least inconvenient to attempt drawing an all seeing eye within a pyramid. It definitely woud not look symmetrical. But maybe I'm wrong, do people draw all seeing eyes within pyramids or do they always appear to be in a triangle?
On a side note, if you look at the US dollar bill it shows a pyramid with the all seeing eye as a capstone, although I know some like to say its unfinished, it does have much more similarity when you take it as one picture.

*sigh*

You answered your own question when you edited.
The dollar bill is an example in itself - it's drawn as a pyramid not a triangle.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

goldennumber.net...

Try and get hold of a film called Pi. You will like it.

Ancient science then, not occult is past down through the degrees of freemasonary. You have to have SOMETHING of knowledge else it would be pointless to keep secrets. Not everyone can have the knowledge else they might destory themselves or things around them yes?

However IF freemasonary is the path in which this ancient math/geometry knowledge has travelled the people who have this power (knowledge is power) might get tempted to misuse it for their own ends??

At least admit the hardcore top of your group have SOME form of secret which is so fantasic it cannot be shared with just anyone. That secret being any one of an ancient knowledge/crafts/secrets or whatever.

Anyway, we seemed to have strayed off topic, or I have anyway.

That pyramid is just amazing. The plans must be near complete if they are putting such blatant symbols in front of us.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

*sigh*

You answered your own question when you edited.
The dollar bill is an example in itself - it's drawn as a pyramid not a triangle.

What?!?! No, I didn't, if you look at the dollar bill you will see that the all seeing eye is in a triangle shaped place and its set right on top of the pyramid. The way it looks is that it is the capstone of the pyramid...

Maybe you have some insight on the rest of my questions/statements?...or not?

Also, this is a stttttrrrrrrreeeeeetttttcccccchhhhhh considering the context of the definition, but here is another definition for secular (not specifically talking about masonry here, so don't flip out!):

Referring to long-term changes that take place slowly and imperceptibly. Commonly used to describe changes in elevation, tilt, and stress or strain rates that are related to long-term tectonic deformation. For example, a mountain that is growing is getting taller so slowly that we cannot see it happen, but if we were to measure the elevation one year and then the next, we could see that it has grown taller.

You read that first sentence?

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Try and get hold of a film called Pi. You will like it.

Yep, I've seen it and it's quite a good movie. Certainly gets the brain working.

Ancient science then, not occult is past down through the degrees of freemasonary. You have to have SOMETHING of knowledge else it would be pointless to keep secrets. Not everyone can have the knowledge else they might destory themselves or things around them yes?

I agree that it is an ancient science. But I totally disagree that it's not open to everybody. You have to remember that Freemasonry began when the average man was unable to read and write - much less to work out complex mathematical properties. At this time, such teaching was claimed to be the sole domain of the Churches. Nowadays, anybody can pick up a maths textboo and start studying.
That's not to say that Freemasonry is defunct - we're not just about mathematics. But geometry is part of the equation that gives us some of the symbols that we use in the rituals to explain the advantages of morality.

At least admit the hardcore top of your group have SOME form of secret which is so fantasic it cannot be shared with just anyone. That secret being any one of an ancient knowledge/crafts/secrets or whatever.

No. I disagree. I don't believe that there are any fantastic secrets which can't be shared, that anyone who studies can't gain for themselves. The advantage of Freemasonry is that it holds people who are actively looking for the answers and so creates an atmosphere where individual study is encouraged.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

What?!?! No, I didn't, if you look at the dollar bill you will see that the all seeing eye is in a triangle shaped place and its set right on top of the pyramid. The way it looks is that it is the capstone of the pyramid...

Jeez. Where's the logic? You say it's a triangle and then say that the eye looks like it's in a pyramid capstone.

Answer me this: Is the picture above drawn as a pyramid.

Now answer this:

Is this a pyramid or a triangle?

The dollar bill clearly shows a pyramid. It's not a triangle. If you believe it to be so then may I suggest you buy this book:

www.religion1.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Leveller, I have actually grown accustomed to the condescending manor of many of the Masons on this site. But, I'm not sure if you do not know how to read, or if you are just purposely ignorant, or if you just cannot put two and two together.

So, I will quote my statements:

Wouldn't you say though that it is nearly impossible or at least inconvenient to attempt drawing an all seeing eye within a pyramid. It definitely woud not look symmetrical. But maybe I'm wrong, do people draw all seeing eyes within pyramids or do they always appear to be in a triangle? Plus, anyone know about that paper NH brought up?

There you go, maybe you should be reading that or introduction to art.

Don't have anything to say about the rest of my statements?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

whiterabbitcult.com...'.R.'.C.'./FinalRev164x225.jpg

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Leveller, I have actually grown accustomed to the condescending manor of many of the Masons on this site. But, I'm not sure if you do not know how to read, or if you are just purposely ignorant, or if you just cannot put two and two together.

So, I will quote my statements:

Wouldn't you say though that it is nearly impossible or at least inconvenient to attempt drawing an all seeing eye within a pyramid. It definitely woud not look symmetrical. But maybe I'm wrong, do people draw all seeing eyes within pyramids or do they always appear to be in a triangle?

I'm not being condescending. It's just that you seem unable to see logic. You even seem unable to interpret the contradictions in your own words.

You: "Wouldn't you say though that it is nearly impossible or at least inconvenient to attempt drawing an all seeing eye within a pyramid."

Me. "No I wouldn't. The dollar bill is an example. It's drawn as a pyramid - not a triangle."

You: "But maybe I'm wrong, do people draw all seeing eyes within pyramids or do they always appear to be in a triangle?"

Me: "The dollar bill contains a pyramid not a triangle.

You've freely admitted that the Eye is contained in what you construe to be the capstone of the pyramid. A pyramid is hardly going to be capped with a triangle is it?

Which bit don't you understand?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So then why does the capstone look like a pyramid. I don't see any angles on it giving the impression of a pyramid. But as you say, the capstone is a pyramid, because we reason it to be symbolic of such.

Just as the so-called triangle in theron dunn's avatar is a pyramid, because we deduce it as such. We know the artistic limitations in portraying a fairly large all-seeing-eye in an angled pyramid, thats why they just show the face of it.

But all in all, I knew the pyarmid with the all seeing eye was a symbol used by Masons (though maybe not Masonic). Thanks for clearing that up.

Maybe now we can ask why we see the same on the US dollar bill. Just a fervent Mason?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'd like to interject here and say that as far as I can see, you are both right. OK, look at the picture of the pyramid on the dollar bill. It is drawn so that you can see 2 faces of the pyramid. That's the difference between a triangle and a pyramid. Now then, the pyramid in the picture is unfinished. In place if what would be the top of the pyramid, or capstone, you have a TRIANGLE (notice you can only see one face) with the all-seeing-eye inside it, with light radiating from behind it. In short:

Fact 1: There is an unfinished pyramid on the dollar bill.

Fact 2: There is a TRIANGLE with an all-seeing-eye in it on the dollar bill.

Now, can we all agree on these two facts?

*edit for spelling*

[edit on 8/21/04 by The Axeman]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join