It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously ATS, One more Ron Paul thread and I will vomit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by caladonea

I reckon Mitt Romney.

So many thoughts on this thread but I'm going to reply to this comment first - Mitt Romney lost a devastating amount of supporters once Perry joined the race. Ron Paul made the statement that Romney had the most to lose with Perry's entry. So no, Romney isn't even a factor anymore. Perry is the new media darling. A Bush clone in every aspect. Perry is the greatest threat in numbers vs. Paul. However Perry's supporters are voting on party not principle. A lot of Dr. Paul's supporters are Independents and Democrats who have switched to Republican just long enough to vote for him in the Primaries. Like Paul said, "I'm ok with Rick Perry coming in. He'll split the votes and just add to the status quo." The status quo of which Ron Paul is NOT a member.

reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Here's the thing about your OP. Before Ron Paul threads started becoming so popular, people were writing rants about how sick they were of all the UFO threads, the 9-11 threads, etc. You get the point. People on here are always tired of something. I recently wrote a rant about being so tired of all the "anti-everything" people. Those who get upset about everything but contribute nothing as a solution. It's just a waste of time. If people don't support Ron Paul, tell us why. But back it up with facts, not just MSM spin. If people claim it's all a waste of time, well guess what... they're doing NOTHING to change things. They're pissed about every aspect of life but what are they doing to change it? So it's ridiculous.

Furthermore, instead of getting pissed about how many threads there are, how about appreciate the amount of people Ron Paul has woke up and cured of their apathy. Before he came on the scene the number of people getting registered to vote was much lower. People are waking up and actually getting involved! For example, this weekend we've been holding a Ron Paul birthday money 'bomb'. Right now we're up to $1.7 million dollars in just 36 hours! None of the money comes from lobbyists or corporations. It's all individuals struggling in a harsh economy but giving their very best. Many people only giving $5!!

If you don't like the threads, don't click on them. It's very simple.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Take the thread down then and were you one of these people who couldn't get enough of Obama?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

reply to post by _BoneZ_

You do realise Ron Paul won't win right?

I'm surprised at you people..

First, to the OP, I've spend a lot of time trying to explain to people how ridiculous the notion that hope in Ron Paul has anything to do with hope in Obama is, so I'll just say if you can't already figure that out for yourself, I'm done typing it.

And for people who say he won't win... of course he probably won't. Though I try to be optimistic, in all reality, it's not likely at alllll. HOWEVER... don't you think that the longer he stays in it the better? Don't you think that the more people see him during the debates and hear what he has to say, the better? And wouldn't you say that it would be a wonderful thing for the entire country for Ron Paul's views and concerns to get prime national airtime if he were to get the nomination and go up against Obama?

Maybe you guys are the only 7 or so people on ATS that don't believe in A) the fact that this country is a sham and our civil liberties our being stripped of us before our very eyes.. B) The idea that we are in the midst of what could be a collective transformation for the human race

Didn't Obama make promises which he broke. They're all the same every politician says what they think the people want to hear.

At the end of the day if Ron Paul wins, he'll end up being Obama 2.0, he'll end up being a other puppet to whoever really pulls the strings and there will be more broken promises.

Obama will probably win anyway. As they say. Better the devil you know.

Someone in Eastern Europe was wise enough to make this statement, it bears repeating here:

The only thing more dangerous than Obama is the electorate that was stupid enough to vote for him.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

reply to post by bacci0909

Well done.

He's saying it because he knows people like you want to hear it.
Doesn't mean he won't change his mind when the time comes.

If you missed it bacci0909 already replied to this (below)

Originally posted by bacci0909

Didn't Obama make promises which he broke. They're all the same every politician says what they think the people want to hear.

This part of your comment is what I have the biggest problem with.. If you knew anything about Ron-man, you'd know that he's been saying the same things for his entire career. Non-interventionalist foreign policy, civil liberties, and the problem with the federal reserve system. He's been saying it and saying it and saying it, and only now have the people's interests CAUGHT UP WITH HIM. Not the other way around.

Unless you cannot comprehend it. Simply put, Ron Paul didn't just start saying things to get people interest in him. He has been advocating this views for a very, very long time now. The masses are beginning to take interest in his views now.

It seems you bash on Ron Paul knowing very little about him.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

yeah agreed. Consider this. Ron is never going to be president. Not this time not ever. Imagine how stupid all these Ron lovers are going to look when it is all over and RP is not the president. A real pack of losers! bahahahahahah!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
OOHHH Goody !!! Another Ron Paul thread !!!

Ron Paul 2012 !!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

yeah agreed. Consider this. Ron is never going to be president. Not this time not ever. Imagine how stupid all these Ron lovers are going to look when it is all over and RP is not the president. A real pack of losers! bahahahahahah!

Obvious troll is obvious.

I could state the MANY facts proving he has a very realistic chance of becoming the POTUS but I won't waste my time since your statement is clearly intended to get an emotional response from supporters.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
let them have their messiah

The interesting thing about messiahs (in this figurative context) is that they eventually get crucified.

Obama may not have been nailed to the cross yet, but he is being crucified nonetheless.

Whether Dr. Paul's
crucifixion comes during the campaign, or after the election it will certainly come, along with the realization (again) for a multitude of faithful followers that they had been under the spell of yet another false prophet.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

Originally posted by phatpackage

Obvious troll is obvious.

I could state the MANY facts proving he has a very realistic chance of becoming the POTUS but I won't waste my time since your statement is clearly intended to get an emotional response from supporters.

Hmmm Just because someone has a different opinion to you they must be troll. Speaks volumes about your extremely judgmental character and clear lack of tolerance for other people's opinions!. Realistic Bahahahahah!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

No, I fully appreciate difference of opinion. Being a RP supporter I am definitely use to people saying things like, "He is unelectable.", "he is too old", "he is a crazy nut", or things of this nature. I'm fine with it. I called you a troll because it is clear you think your statement is the funniest thing you have seen all day and you're clearly looking for an emotional response from RP supporters.

How many times did you insult Ron Paul supporters? Yet you provide no reasons of why you feel he can't win. Like I said, not worth a response.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Fact is, Ron Paul brings LIKE MINDED people together.

Just like Unions.

Now.... Can you see where this is going?

What are unions always known for?

Standing up for themselves and protesting.
You seem to think the bankers have more control than they do. They surely control a lot but we're not that close to an NWO yet. The government is broken, yes I agree, and I understand why you're hesitant to jump on the bandwagon.
The facts however, are that together we can make change and together we will make change, whether Ron Paul wins or not. He is a leader and I am his follower, and as many others are realizing, it's not about Paul, it's about us. WE will make the change, whether it be through politics or not.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Hawking

I sincerely hope for all of you that you're not basing your support on what the news media is or isn't doing in regard to any candidate.

Seriously, the best choice is the one they aren't obviously supporting?

If that were to change tomorrow, and all of the major networks give Dr. Paul more airtime (he's getting a lot now despite claims to the contrary) would you be less likely to support him then?

How can you be 100% certain you're not being manipulated by the media already?

edit on 21-8-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

Huhhh good question - guess I'll quit voting entirely!

Why even participate when you can't trust anyone. I'm done with the "democracy" we've been provided, F*** it let's riot at the Capitol and destroy s***. Do you want a vote or do you want anarchy?

And to be very honest with you I'm cool with either at this point

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join