It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously ATS, One more Ron Paul thread and I will vomit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
let them have their messiah

He's hardly a "messiah". However, he believes in smaller government, liberty, and freedom.

Anyone that's against liberty, freedom, and smaller government, would likely fall into the "terrorist" category.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"Seriously, one more Ron Paul thread and I will vomit"
Says the person creating another RP themed thread...

Why are so many people talking about Ron Paul when he totally isn't going to win?

It's like saying "Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore, it's always crowded."

I am pretty sure telling people to tone it down will only encourage them to be louder.

That being said, Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I fail to see how posting threads about the media black out when ever a new event that points it out occurs, in a conspiracy forum no less, Is uncalled for?

I get tired of all the end is near threads, yet I don't mind people posting their ideas or thoughts on an open conspiracy forum.

I also don't get the blind following comment, I voting history is as follows, Clinton, Kerry, Gore, MCcain, and Now will be Ron Paul.

Why did I vote as I did? Because I looked into the candidates before hand, I researched and voted for what I thought was people I thought focused on my views the most.

Will Ron Paul deliver on the hype, or will he be like Obama as president? I don't know, but frankly I am willing to give him a shot at it.

That doesn't mean I am a fanatic, it doesn't mean I am a nut job Tea bagger.

I am simply an educated voter.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Honestly, I think all the hooplah about Ron Paul on this site has less to do with him being the Second Coming and more to do with him being the most legitimate candidate we've got. He's easily the least "political" politician for the Republicans and doesn't speak as if he's been coached to use buzz words, etc. And he's a libertarian, which most of the people here seem to be

Ron Paul's popularity here has more to do with the fact that our other candidates are horribly disappointing.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by _BoneZ_

You do realise Ron Paul won't win right?

I'm surprised at you people..

First, to the OP, I've spend a lot of time trying to explain to people how ridiculous the notion that hope in Ron Paul has anything to do with hope in Obama is, so I'll just say if you can't already figure that out for yourself, I'm done typing it.

And for people who say he won't win... of course he probably won't. Though I try to be optimistic, in all reality, it's not likely at alllll. HOWEVER... don't you think that the longer he stays in it the better? Don't you think that the more people see him during the debates and hear what he has to say, the better? And wouldn't you say that it would be a wonderful thing for the entire country for Ron Paul's views and concerns to get prime national airtime if he were to get the nomination and go up against Obama?

Maybe you guys are the only 7 or so people on ATS that don't believe in A) the fact that this country is a sham and our civil liberties our being stripped of us before our very eyes.. B) The idea that we are in the midst of what could be a collective transformation for the human race

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Honestly, I think all the hooplah about Ron Paul on this site has less to do with him being the Second Coming and more to do with him being the most legitimate candidate we've got.

Do you realize how eerily similar all of this is to what went on with Obama?

That said, I'm sure Dr. Paul can and will bring about real change, this time if he wins... Right?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

reply to post by _BoneZ_

I'm surprised at you people..

First, to the OP, I've spend a lot of time trying to explain to people how ridiculous the notion that hope in Ron Paul has anything to do with hope in Obama is, so I'll just say if you can't already figure that out for yourself, I'm done typing it.

And for people who say he won't win... of course he probably won't. Though I try to be optimistic, in all reality, it's not likely at alllll. HOWEVER... don't you think that the longer he stays in it the better? Don't you think that the more people see him during the debates and hear what he has to say, the better? And wouldn't you say that it would be a wonderful thing for the entire country for Ron Paul's views and concerns to get prime national airtime if he were to get the nomination and go up against Obama?

Maybe you guys are the only 7 or so people on ATS that don't believe in A) the fact that this country is a sham and our civil liberties our being stripped of us before our very eyes.. B) The idea that we are in the midst of what could be a collective transformation for the human race

Didn't Obama make promises which he broke. They're all the same every politician says what they think the people want to hear.

At the end of the day if Ron Paul wins, he'll end up being Obama 2.0, he'll end up being a other puppet to whoever really pulls the strings and there will be more broken promises.

Obama will probably win anyway. As they say. Better the devil you know.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Star and Flag mate

i was looking at the new topics page earlier and at least 50% of the topics had Ron Paul in the title. Ok he might be the best thing since sliced bread but it is turning into the unofficial Ron Paul fan club might as well start a forum just for him.

gota love the irony of a topic about to many topics about Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Hawking
Honestly, I think all the hooplah about Ron Paul on this site has less to do with him being the Second Coming and more to do with him being the most legitimate candidate we've got.

Do you realize how eerily similar all of this is to what went on with Obama?

That said, I'm sure Dr. Paul can and will bring about real change, this time if he wins... Right?

Well Obama also had the support of the entire media. What really confirms most of our positive feelings about Paul is that the mainstream wants to ignore him, which means he's clearly a danger to the status quo...what could be more appealing?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I sincerely hope for all of you that you're not basing your support on what the news media is or isn't doing in regard to any candidate.

Seriously, the best choice is the one they aren't obviously supporting?

If that were to change tomorrow, and all of the major networks give Dr. Paul more airtime (he's getting a lot now despite claims to the contrary) would you be less likely to support him then?

How can you be 100% certain you're not being manipulated by the media already?

edit on 21-8-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Yes, and it happened on a smaller scale with Ron Paul, Obama just had the more vague less hard to swallow promises.

Paul has been consistent in what he preaches, as well as practicing it with his voting record.

Where as obama voted Present how many times instead of taking a stand?

So yes its a similar feeling, Paul just has the history to back up his talk.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

reply to post by _BoneZ_

This sounds like a typical pre-programmed response being used in certain media.

Actually, it's a realistic assessment of where Ron Paul is at the moment, which is about 9% in the polls. Perry, Romney, and Bachman are far ahead. Unless something drastic happens, Paul has little chance. If Palin comes on board, he'll even have less of a chance.

It's not that I like any of these other candidates, particularly. the entire field is rather dismal. It's just that to the large majority, Paul is a nutcase with a cult following. But members of the cult are so enamored with the cult that they don't see this.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

At the end of the day if Ron Paul wins, he'll end up being Obama 2.0, he'll end up being a other puppet to whoever really pulls the strings and there will be more broken promises.

Obama will probably win anyway. As they say. Better the devil you know.

I'll copy and paste what I said in the previous comment...

"First, to the OP, I've spend a lot of time trying to explain to people how ridiculous the notion that hope in Ron Paul has anything to do with hope in Obama is, so I'll just say if you can't already figure that out for yourself, I'm done typing it. "

Seriously..
Obama in 2008:
-Washington new-comer, nearly no experience or voting record
-Record-breaking contributions from corporations, banks, and special interests
-Biggest "media darling" in American history
-Ran solely on the arbitrary promise of "hope and change" with little substance on issues and policies to back it up

Ron Paul in 2012:
-Over 30 years experience in Washington, constitutionally perfect voting record (if we want to get technical, that's aside from him voting for Martin Luther King day to be a national holiday)
-Record-breaking contributions from THE PEOPLE who support him (including 8 of my dollars back in May)
-A complete media ghost, aside from when he's being made fun of or called loony
-Running solely on SUBSTANTIAL policies and issues that only then conjure any "hope/change" mantra

I may get slammed for 'manors and decorum' for this... but if you can't see how Ron Paul and Barack Obama differ when it comes to loyalty, experience, and standing with the people of this country, either you haven't done the research, or you're honestly an idiot. And I mean that in the truest sense of the word.. an idiot

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

The idiot comment is not the only option, it could be that they honestly are happy with the way things are for what ever reason which can include low iq or education as you suggest with the idiocy comment. It could be something far darker too, they could have interest that conflict with what Ron Paul wants to do.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

The idiot comment is not the only option, it could be that they honestly are happy with the way things are for what ever reason which can include low iq or education as you suggest with the idiocy comment. It could be something far darker too, they could have interest that conflict with what Ron Paul wants to do.

Oh I have no delusion that people may disagree with Ronnie's stances. But what they are saying implies that they are not happy with the way things are. Talking about "becoming Obama 2.0" and "breaking promises" and everything. Not agreeing with Paul is one thing, and it's to be respected. I would never call somebody an idiot for that. But for them to say he's no different than Obama was in 2008 is simply not true. Maybe Ron will get into office and turn his back on us all, succumb to the power of the elite or what have you.. I don't know, and none of us do. But again, saying that he's essentially the same candidate that Obama was last election is false. simply. not. true. (for many reasons, among them the ones I posted in my previous comment)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Here you go.

This thread is NOT about Ron Paul.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or is it?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Didn't Obama make promises which he broke. They're all the same every politician says what they think the people want to hear.

This part of your comment is what I have the biggest problem with.. If you knew anything about Ron-man, you'd know that he's been saying the same things for his entire career. Non-interventionalist foreign policy, civil liberties, and the problem with the federal reserve system. He's been saying it and saying it and saying it, and only now have the people's interests CAUGHT UP WITH HIM. Not the other way around.

In 2008 did Obama ever once criticize the Federal Reserve?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

reply to post by _BoneZ_

Can you pick a better candidate that you think will win?

Nope.

He's hardly a "messiah". However, he believes in smaller government, liberty, and freedom.

^^^ This

Plus like all senior citizens he's cranky, gets things done, and cares not what others think of him.

Mind you he's no Wilford Brimley, but close enough.

edit on 21 Aug 2011 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Well done.

He's saying it because he knows people like you want to hear it.
Doesn't mean he won't change his mind when the time comes.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Having seen more than one ron paul post since this was posted I'd like to ask the OP -

did you get video? I'd love to see a good puke on camera! Pics dude or I'm calling BS on you!

ganjoa

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join