It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa, I think we really misinterpreted the meaning of this crop circle...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Woah, this is close to the Dark Knight prophecy. That guy was informed that something major would be happening on October 28th of this year.

Dark Knight

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THE CROP CIRCLES ARE FOR US!

It's obvious other beings are sending these cryptic messages to the animal world, birds and insects etc. The messages are not meant for us.

We are being kept in the dark and thats got to be a major concern for us human beings.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Ok, let's look at what happened today in history. I hope you'll find it equally momentous:

1902 – Cadillac Motor Company is founded. 1902 – Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first President of the United States to ride in an automobile. 1910 – Korea is annexed by Japan with the signing of the Japan–Korea Annexation Treaty, beginning a period of Japanese rule of Korea that lasted until the end of World War II. 1911 – Mona Lisa is stolen. 1914 – World War I: in Belgium, British and German troops clash for the first time in the war. 1922 – Michael Collins, Commander-in-Chief of the Irish Free State Army is shot dead during an Anti-Treaty ambush at Béal na mBláth, County Cork, during the Irish Civil War. 1926 – Gold is discovered in Johannesburg, South Africa. 1932 – The BBC first experiments with television broadcasting. (See also Timeline of the BBC.) 1934 – Bill Woodfull of Australia becomes the only cricket captain to twice regain The Ashes. 1941 – World War II: German troops reach Leningrad, leading to the siege of Leningrad. 1942 – World War II: Brazil declares war on Germany and Italy. 1944 – World War II: Romania is captured by the Soviet Union. 1944 – World War II: Holocaust of Kedros in Crete by German forces 1949 – Queen Charlotte earthquake: Canada's largest earthquake since the 1700 Cascadia earthquake

Anyone with an internet connection can go to wikipedia and look up a date. So it shows that October 29th, was actually one of the least fascinating days in history.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm almost certain that nothing at all will happen. Exactly like every other prediction made here.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The guys who put these together absolutely love the fact that you spend your time trying to "decipher" something which has no meaning. The only value it has is artistic.

August 16th came and gone as most clear-minded thinkers knew it would. And no offense, but October will do the same. Yes.. I know.. "Just wait and see, be patient!" And then once October comes and goes.. "Woooaah nelly! We badly misinterpreted this! Again. Here we go.. a NEW and correct translation for February 2012!" And so it goes, over and over again.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Maybe crop circles are intergalactic graffiti. Those greys be putting up their gang tags all over da place man.

In all seriousness why does it have to mean anything? It could just be works of art done out of boredom or just to mess with people. Such an advanced species would have advanced art would it not?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Out of curiosity.
Maybe I read it wrong, but if aliens or whoever know the planetary sign for Neptune is a trident, then why don't they just spell out the events in plain English instead of enigmatic graphics?

I would make it a lot easier.
edit on 21-8-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

Maybe it's a test. You know to see if we're intelligent enough to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yes I believe the Mayan MSM date is incorrect after studying both the Gregorian Calender and its Mayan counterpart and came to an end of October 2011 end date. With a visit from "the wise ones" around the 19th sometime but this is a myth. S+F.
I myself will be having abit of a party on the end date and if the MSM are so adamant its 2012 december then I'll just have to have another one.....
Win, Win!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranzeI really don't buy the governments being worried about mass hysteria thing. I think most people would have parties or set and watch it on their flat screens while consuming copious amounts of snacks. the society at large is to wrapped up in their selfish little meaningless lives.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

November 8th = closest approach of asteroid YU55.

Possible impact?

st.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Boy that Doug and Dave makes us work for everything.... lol..lol...lol just kidding :-) Let's see what happens in Oct. !

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is the real meaning behind crop circles:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9de8a72e49e6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365
Woah, this is close to the Dark Knight prophecy. That guy was informed that something major would be happening on October 28th of this year.

Dark Knight

Funny you brought up that Dark Knight post....that was one of the first posts I read when I came across ATS in 06. For some reason, I bought his story and wasn't the first "sell everything and get the hell out" post I've ever seen. I've always kept that date with me, I've even taken a couple weeks off leading up to that date. Worse case, I get a well needed break from work!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hmmmm, my b-day is Oct 17th....Loma Prieta happened on that day in 1989....well I will be partying like it's 19-99!
Maybe nothing will happen and all will be well. I wonder what web bot or TW Zero says about the 28th?

Also I have heard, somewhere, that our calendar is not accurate...as in there are some missing days when western civ changed from the Roman or Julian Calendar to the now widely used Gregorian Calendar.

And if you think that what we use as a calendar today is, and has been, the Perfect Calendar with which to use for the purpose of divining accurate dates, I think you should check out a little calendar history
edit on 21-8-2011 by Springheel Jack because: grammar

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
to me this is just another prediction that will fail,.
As sooo many or 99% of..
After all,. harold camping was sure something would happen in may this year.
then he was wrong"again" and now says October.
the mayans calender originally thought to have a 2012 doomsday event
now has someone again recalculated the new date for october this year..
problem is,, they are constantly "recalculating" their information..
and the same will apply to this crop circle,..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread734619/pg1]
The snake has 29 circles, october 29. There are 3 other circles in the picture, Exactly 3 months after this crop circle was found, is the date that they seem to be indicating.
There are 10 circles after the circle of alignment. 10 for October...
Let's see what date comes up if we continue the series...count it out for yourself if you want..but it would be November 8th. 11/8 1+1+8=10. Another, 10 for October.

Thoughts, theories, suggestions? Is this crop circle representative of some major event occurring on October 29th, 2011? What event do you think it could be?

I'll never understand you number nuts. Aliens are using human numbers now? they coincide to the english calendar? Oh they want us to understand right? Well then why now jsut write in English "horrible disaster coming october 29th!"?
Oh they dont want us to get it? Well why have circles that when added up related to months and dates of our human calendar?

Do you all really believe in crop circles? I mean seriously? Even after knowing how easy they are to fake? Even when we have made messages that can only be seen from the skies for thousands of years?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

well by the sounds of it ,it will just keep giving people
a new reason to make up a newer date to put the fear
back in their minds
so big up to you NOT

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

wow nice job. gave u some stars

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mesaana
What about the small circles between the larger ones, with all the circles together i count 80 circles not 29

I think you need to recount (or learn to)

There are 50 small circles between the larger circles with in the body of the snake and then there are two outside.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
(The 'Sceptic' Turnstile isn't working properly) Sorry I'm late!

I think that you'll find that at this time of 'silly-season' in the UK, this type
of crop-vandalism will be more sensationalised than usual.

For some, camping under the stars during balmy summer nights and swapping
theories of what's-out-there over a patio-heater or pondering what the crumpled
corn may be telling us -whilst your partner tinkers with the caravan tow-bar,
will always bring out the imagination in all of us.

But I digress.
Time/Dimension/Space travellers finding a upright species that holds the power
to destroy itself and it's planet, make the decision to step in and subtly urge us
to turn away from our natural talent of destruction.
The all-knowing onlookers come up with the idea of leaving an enigmatic message
in a seasonal cereal that can only be seen from the air in the same region of the UK
as the previous year.
These strange warnings amongst the damaged stalks have been broadcasting from
the Wiltshire fields since the 70's and we're still no further forward with our 'space-friends'
secrets.

Come on guys... I know that standing in a circle under a warm sun and a blue sky brings
a peaceful feeling and makes one hark back to simpler times, but the idea that a message
placed by pressing down eared-plants and hoping someone will decipher the images and
ignore the tractor tracks and then pass it on via the internet is.... dare I say,
grasping at straws.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join