It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa, I think we really misinterpreted the meaning of this crop circle...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Originally posted by ruffrider

A team of artists can quite easily complete a circle overnight under the right conditions. (a full moon and clear sky, high powered lamps.) Have you noticed how the designs have improved year after year as the artists become more experienced and technology improves? Its quite easy to recognise individual artists from the style of the circle.

Some of the more complex designs (by well known artists) are done with the permission of the land owner. Crop circles are big tourist attractions now and are famous all over the world.

If you're interested to see what an unfinished circle looks like just tap 'unfinished crop circle' into Google images and see what comes up.

You may also be interested in "Tanbo" which is Japanese art created in rice fields.

The more basic ones are created by students and have a go artists illegally but the more complex designs are installed with the permission (and sometimes compensation) of the land owner.

I can confirm without any shadow of a doubt that these are entirely man made. The real mystery is within the design and the message they may (or may not) contain or just the beauty of the art.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

Absolutely.
There are cases of crop circles appearing within 1/2 an hour, and these are big, complex things that 2 blokes with a plank would need months to create.
Then there is the precision, a man-made circle always has faults, and you have the 'unknown origin' variety which are absolutely perfect, and show high order geometry & math which, again, these 2 blokes would also have to be math majors

A pity the one i saw was so obviously man made, i would like to visit a 'real' one

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

I love the claim that man made ones are the ones with mistakes. Such hubrus.

It is really funny how those that have fallen for the hoaxes claimed for crop circles are so defensive.

Yes, you were punked. Learn to live with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

So what would it mean if the big circle that the snake comes from is the sun? the snake is a representation of some sort of energy coming from the sun that will hit the earth at some point in the near future? if these things are ment to repersent the earth and heavenly bodies as such bye advanced aliens do you think that they would include some sort of way to scale it to the actual bodies themselves, just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hi first post,

Not sure if any1 has posted this info with regards to the comet Elinen, but thought it may hold interest with regards to this crop circle.

www.pakalertpress.com...

Sir M

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sirmassimo10

That ludicrous link you posted is so full of mistakes it is hard to image.

1. The approximate diameter of Elenin is known
2. The mass is known to be small
3. There were no alignments when the quakes happened
4. We won't hit the tail - too bad since that would be a meteor shower
5. etc.

What is really funny is that the person calls NASA an impeccable source and then claims they are not telling the truth about Elenin. The contradictory nature of the post is just laughable.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Quetzalcoatl does not make his return until June 6, 2012 at sunset.

This crop circle is referring to Elenin, or possibly a large CME, just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenoch

Quetzalcoatl does not make his return until June 6, 2012 at sunset.

Out of curiosity, sunset where?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Maybe this could have a connection to the dark knight

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Yes, the one i visited was faked, it took very little time to figure that out, it even got added to a few days later-so yes, you could create a more complex circle, only it would be a dead givaway wouldn't it?
There are still 2 aspects of some crop circles that are impossible to hoax; the (sometimes very short) timeframe in which they appear, and the radiation.
Tell me these pranksters are all athletes, with NV goggles, stepping ninja-like through cornfields leaving a trail only 5 cm wide, carrying a TomTom & a 135 metre tape measure

Oh yes, and they are spraying Deuterium all over the place, just in case someone decides to take a sample

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The claims of crop circles being produced in a short time is often based on observers that make observations. The claims of radiation seem to be unclear. About the best write up I saw on the subject was made by 2 people one of which was studying Renaissance literature and the other was a hoaxer that got caught. The paper had a number of huge failings that a grad student should have been aware of.

Tell me these pranksters are all athletes, with NV goggles, stepping ninja-like through cornfields leaving a trail only 5 cm wide, carrying a TomTom & a 135 metre tape measure Oh yes, and they are spraying Deuterium all over the place, just in case someone decides to take a sample

This is just an argument that is both an argument from ignorance and an argument of incredulity.

Just because you can't figure out a simple means of creating these installation artworks does not mean others have not. Just ebcause you claim certain materials are required does not mean they are.

No one is spraying deuterium or any other radioactive material. That claim relies on a dubious write up I discussed above.

I find it very funny that people actually are so gullible that they can't understand that this is just installation art.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Could it be possible we are reading into these crop circles a bit too much and should spend our time on relavent issues instead. What if they are just sending us a recipe for some apple pie or something? The unknowns in something so intricate as crop circles could have been created by even earth based intelligents and might mean absolutly zip. Or maybe your theories are right or maybe not! All i'm saying is we wont know whether these are messages or not and if nothing happens in Nov. i'm sure there will be another theory put forth, so why bother?
Why not work on things that make more sense instead of things that can easily be any number of equations?
Though I realize it's alot easier to believe that some alien intelligents is coming to save us from ourselves instead of believing we are our only hope in fixing our world from the power Elitist planned destruction of 90% of humanity!
We need to depend on ourselves and not some possibility that's extreamly unlikely!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

LOL I have an unfinished novel I wrote in the 90s that joked about the same thing - that crop circles were alien graffiti.

It's true though - IF they were the product of aliens we can't assume the messages are for us just because they appear on our planet.

I'm not sure they are all done by human pranksters though - there are far too many and even a dedicated group would get bored after a while.

I've heard of them appearing in Saskatchewan in Canada as well so they aren't restricted to England. I sometimes lean towards some sort of magnetic phenomena or perhaps even 'intelligent' electricity not that I've read much in that area at all. But sound vibrations can produce pretty elaborate patterns so perhaps there is something there...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessica6

I'm not sure they are all done by human pranksters though - there are far too many and even a dedicated group would get bored after a while.

How could someone get bored when it is so fun having a following of duped people. It simply begs the question, "How outrageous a crop circle can be made and still leave the believers believing?"

How could magnetism affect plants? How could sound bend something?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Our Architects put symbols within their structures; the Artist is inspired to express themselves.

Crop Circles are no different, they are "Super-Naturally" Man-made, the thing is are we recognizing the patterns and how they are speaking to us.

I credited MaxBlack in the other thread, I like that interpretation based on Oct 28 and back!

I posted over there that the symbolism of Neptune likely tells us that this serpent or "worm" is water related. I think it looks like a hookworm or intestinal worm. This could indicate "Wormwood" which is told to bitter the waters.

I think Spirit speaks through us and I believe Mankind is contempt with Demons passing themselves off as Aliens. This is all Astronomical, Crop Circles speak that language, even the Bible speaks Astronomically.

Wormwood!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

It's not just me who can't figure it out.
How would YOU approach that last scenario?
it-cant-be-done, period.
It's really very easy to spot hoaxes, as i have pointed out.
Not so easy to explain the 'other ones'
And you still think these village bumpkins are into 4d geometry?
Good schools they have there in Wiltshire.
Did you know that 97% of crop circles occur over a water table?
So they are geologists as well, in their spare time.
Of course no-one is dispersing deuterium, that was sarcasm

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So, the topic of radiation still not being fully adressed, how is it that certain short-lived isotopes were detected in the soil samples, these having been analysed as being secondary & tertiary radiation?
This does not occur in nature, unless you are standing next to a lump of yellowcake

I think i will do some microwave burst tests on plant nodes, just for fun.......

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Er, Wormwood Scrubs?
The prison?
edit on 10-9-2011 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

it-cant-be-done, period.

What can't be done? A crop circle can't be made as quickly as claimed?
Maybe the people watching need to do a better job at getting the times correct.

You ridicule people as village bumpkins because they can make crop circles and you can't?
Maybe your schools need to be improved.

Did you know 94% of the land mass world wide is over water? So 97% in a place where probably over 97% has water under it is normal.

There is no dispersion of deuterium.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The only so-called evidence for this appears to be a write up by 2 people and they never followed up as they claimed they would in their write up. I suggest that these 2, one of which was studying English lit, were mistaken. I also question why no one else tried to repeat their work.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join