It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History channel announce Secret Access: UFOs on the Record

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Not bad...

I especially liked Arizona Governor Fife Symington's admissions of witholding truth, and Colonel Halt's Rendelsheim testimony.

I also liked that the show did not parade out the usual band of talking heads, e.g., Greer, Friedman, Howe, et al.

Refreshing in a way. They took great pains to try and maintain credibility and authenticity and also addressed the MSM "giggle" factor as an impediment to taking the subject seriously. Quite a few revelations on some well-known recent cases (Phoenix, Chicago, etc.)

And they left out Roswell for a change. Nice.

It's a keeper. Watch for the rebroadcast if you missed it. Worth 2 hours of your time...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by harlot7
Former Governor of Chicago, Symington's discloure. (Chicago)

Not trying to be mean but cities don't have governors, states do. Fyfe Symington was the governor of Arizona.
Unless I totally misunderstood your post...

On my way home to watch it now on DVR...

And O'berg attacks Gordon himself, and the fact that his stories have grown over the years. Doesn't mean there isn't some truth to it though. ..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Agreed. Symington's testimony was nice, especially how he admits his mistake and encourages other high profile figures to be more open about the topic. Leslie is a great reporter.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The Phoenix Lights I am convinced were a military exercise, but that's mostly because I used to be acquainted with a semi-retired top aerospace engineer (he worked as a consultant), who told me a few admittedly vague things about it. He said it was definitely military, that it was a much improved version of a technology that was employed in the first Gulf War and he rather excitedly said it was "very technologically sweet." My own personal guess is that it was some new type of radar jamming or avoidance tech, sort of like the Wild Weasel planes we used in that war.

As for the Belgian sightings on the show (the only part I actually caught, unfortunately), I have no freakin' clue. It's so well documented, openly investigated by top Belgian military people and has such great witnesses, like that top Belgian Army engineer, that it seems to be something really amazing. Hearing the direct testimony of so many of these very serious people on those sightings was quite something.

I do have some questions and one theory, though:

Why are all of the sightings just in Belgium, or where there sightings in France, Luxembourg and Holland, only they weren't well reported or investigated?

Why would "aliens" or whomever take such an interest in just this region? Because NATO is HQ'd there?

Is it possible that the U.S. was maybe testing some new system and kept even one of our own NATO allies in the dark about it to see just how effective it could actually be? Maybe part of the parameters of the test is that they wanted to see how a modern, Western country all of the same technology and military defensive resources even the U.S. had (again, they're NATO) would deal with something like this?

Either it's that or some dang aliens came down to study Belgium for some reason. Maybe they just really like the waffles, or more likely the beer (yummmm, Chimay!).

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'm glad to hear this is something more to be looked at than the other UFO shows on History. Im not sure they will air it here any time soon, if they do in UK it should be here too. But it might as well be already on YouTube. And it is, I cant wait, just need to have time for it.

So what's up with that bullshlt happening in America mostly? If you talk about having seen UFO you risk your job? What, are people retarded? SO you won't be fired if you are a different religion for your religion that is complete joke and false served in the way people understand it, yet they would fire a person for seeing a UFO? That idiot are majority of people today.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
The Phoenix Lights I am convinced were a military exercise, but that's mostly because I used to be acquainted with a semi-retired top aerospace engineer (he worked as a consultant), who told me a few admittedly vague things about it. He said it was definitely military, that it was a much improved version of a technology that was employed in the first Gulf War and he rather excitedly said it was "very technologically sweet." My own personal guess is that it was some new type of radar jamming or avoidance tech, sort of like the Wild Weasel planes we used in that war.

No offense, but I just find this hard to believe. I don't see how a potentially mile-wide V-shaped craft could have anything to do with radar jamming. Now I do agree that the 10 PM lights that were video taped by many people were indeed flares and that they were deployed as either a cover or a distraction for the earlier massive craft that overflew the state.

Why are all of the sightings just in Belgium, or where there sightings in France, Luxembourg and Holland, only they weren't well reported or investigated?

Why would "aliens" or whomever take such an interest in just this region? Because NATO is HQ'd there?

One interesting theory I heard on another UFO program discussing the Belgium wave was that the Belgium highway is light up so brightly at night, it can actually be seen from space, so that might have been what attracted the aliens to that particular location.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Why bother, you're already rubbishing it without even having seen it yet.

Pay no attention to this post, it's probably all in your mind.

sorry.... your right, I should probably have no opinions of my own and watch it without questioning anything

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I recorded it on my DVR. I'm watching it right now.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
And O'berg attacks Gordon himself, and the fact that his stories have grown over the years. Doesn't mean there isn't some truth to it though. ..

Did I misunderstand the earlier posts that had Cooper's testimony in this program? Where?

Your use of the loaded word "attack" to mean to disagree with credibility of particular claims is inflammatory and not helpful to rational consideration of the dispute.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by JimOberg

Did you see the show tonight? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Any footage from NASA you thought was falsely represented?

I didn't see any NASA footage at all, but i missed the iopening of the replay of the show, but just went over it on the youtube posting. What footage from NASA did you see? I don't recall any -- or any mention of the astronaut stories at all. But I could have missed it, I was working some notebooks and not paying full attention.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I watched the show last night and was pretty pleased with the depth they spent on these milestone cases. I did, however, miss the first 40 minutes, I didnt even hear about it until my Dad text'ed me, I'm pissed I missed the O'Hare case.

The Belgium case is pretty amazing. This is the first I'm hearing that the famous photo from this incident was faked...what was the source and who stated that? One thing to keep in mind if it actually was proven a fake. This is Military Intelligence 101. Fake/Disprove a certain aspect of a subject, and flush the rest with it down the drain. Aka disinformation/black propaganda. This is how the US handled the Phoenix Lights case. They finally scrambled a plane for a flare drop exercise after 1.5 hours of witnesses calling in from the northeast of Phoenix. "Oh that?? That was our plane dropping flares for 2-3 minutes!"

I keep going back to the testimony of Callahan, former FAA controller. I mean, it's pretty obvious this guy is telling the truth to me...I've worked with guys just like him in Brooklyn and Mass. He's the kind of guy that coined the phrase "$hit or get off the pot", guys like him in that part of the country in positions such as his don't have time to #$%& around. Time and time again he's stated the exact same story. And not only that, he's got the friggin tapes to prove it!! How can the skeptics argue a false radar return when you have two trained pilots that are obviously in a state of anxiety describing something the size of a stadium next to their frigging plane that ends up changing positions and tailing them for 350 miles??? You can't. Unless you're totally ignorant.

I wish they had focused on the Zamora Incident as well. I love this case. It's one of the few the FBI actually openly investigated and couldnt easily dismiss. The witnesses were solid and the physical evidence tight.

Maybe next time, but man, I hope History Channel keeps cranking out these specials.

And to our British friends, you don't get the HC across the pond? I thought you did. We used to have you guys on the HC boards talking about UFO Hunters a couple years back.
edit on 26-8-2011 by dtrock78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

History channel announce Secret Access: UFOs on the Record

I was really (and surprisingly) quite impressed with this program! And combined with a promo segment that appeared on CNN's HLN earlier, one could begin to think that there may be some cracks in the wall of official denial and cover-up. The concept of 'disclosure' actually took a grown-up step into the light with this show.

Of course... as has been seen in the past, all the stonewallers have to do is, nothing. If the government remains silent, making no effort to confirm or deny or even comment to the subject, this could all eventually fade from the public spaces like it has so many times in the past.

The challenge to the UFO community is to keep their feet to the fire and not allow this to just dissipate into nothingness. The subject must be addressed regularly and updated as often as possible to keep a public (with an adolescent attention span) from wandering off.

edit on 26-8-2011 by redoubt because: Typos...

edit on 26-8-2011 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Any idea where to watch this in Canada? It didn't air on our History channel last night ( I was getting a sleep study done anyways) and I'd love to watch it. Don't want to torrent it cause I'd rather watch it on TV and I'm too lazy to hook my monitor cables up to it right now. Anyone know if it can even be viewed on any channels in Canada? (Rogers, Toronto, 900 channels, not on a single one of them)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

haha - I just realized I said that, my bad! I am such a blond.

I was doing too much at one time and trying to keep up with the hurricane situation since I live about 20 miles inland from the coast.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Are they goin to rerun this? I missed it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PreownedMind

is it possible, that you could upload it somewhere? i would really much like to see it

edit: found it on youtube. for the rest of you, who didnt catch it, but would like to see it..

/watch?v=OgDfyQ9oxyo
edit on 26-8-2011 by Migah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
sorry for not posting the links however i'm bumping this thread to inform that all 7 parts are available on youtube at the moment.

personally it was a great watch, i enjoyed how the interview process was so 'In your face' with the white background and super close up shot of the person speaking. it really does get you close to the face so that you can interpret their facial expressions with ease. nothing but truth telling imo.

yes they are all the cases we know and love..but hey, this was a great one.

watch it people!

LT out.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConcreteAngel1
Are they goin to rerun this? I missed it.

I don't know but you can watch it here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Mickey mouse has all the secret ufo files, and Tsoukalos is naturally tanned. The show is great if you'ee wide eyed like a disney audience

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Amcient Aliens Season 3, latest episode

ATS Thread

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join