It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History channel announce Secret Access: UFOs on the Record

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReaverTheBeliever
I'm not buying into that Belgian photo being a hoax at all. A couple of days before a documentary that is going to extensively go into one of the most famous UFO photos of all time, that photo is coincidentally "debunked." A photo that has been around for 20 years no less. If that doesn't scream fishy, I don't know what does.

I found that...curious, too. I still haven't reviewed the debunking of this photo, so I can't judge that yet. I'm a definite skeptic, most of my posts on these forums are me debunking other peoples' stuff, but I do find the timing of that suspicious. Call me skeptical of that debunking!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

This is an easy one. I'm going to trust the NASA astronaut.

Reaver, don't you see the irony here? You're trying to penetrate official cover stories and bureaucratic self-serving propaganda [an honorable goal, which you may be astonished to discover I share], and your mainstay of judgment is -- knee-jerk believing NASA's self-serving propaganda about the demigodliness of astronauts?

That's what the linked 'business deals' story from the Wall Street Journal was all about. People knee-jerk trusted Cooper's opinions -- and wound up losing literally millions of dollars in bad investments by con men who exploited Cooper's reputation and his own gullibility. Would you have given him YOUR money, too?

Ask yourself -- why hasn't ANYONE in the UFO comunity performed and published any genuine investigations of UFO stories by such famous people? Just accepting their quoted comments is apparently enough to perform their desired propagandistic task -- it certainly has worked with you -- of 'argument by celebrityhood'.

It's so much more interesting to check up on any such stories. So when you talk with a dozen other pilots from Cooper's unit in Germany, or contact the actual cameraman at Edwards AFB and other personnel who were THERE at the TIME of these events... why aren't THEIR recollections of comparable values to Cooper's?

Why, do you suppose, is it that THEIR testimony is blacked out, covered up, and ignored by the UFO promoters? Why do you let those promoters decide WHICH testimony YOU are allowed to hear?

Are you an accessory after the fact to your own duping? And can you even admit that possibility?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I'm not buying into that Belgian photo being a hoax at all. A couple of days before a
documentary that is going to extensively go into one of the most famous UFO photos
of all time, that photo is coincidentally "debunked." A photo that has been around for
20 years no less. If that doesn't scream fishy, I don't know what does.

Wrong. The documentary was produced long before the exposure of the Belgium UFO
photo hoax.

The researchers involved in the documentary were not aware at that time of the updated
information regarding the photo, I'm sure now they are embarrassed. So don't change the
facts making suggestions, it's been documented all over the Internet including this forum.
At this time it's generally accepted it was a hoax (The photo) after a study and analysis of
the negatives provided by hoaxer Patrick, unfortunately that's the way it is.

Here is one of many reports by the Belgium tv News about the hoax revealed by Patrick,
there are hundreds of updated reports on this subject all over the Internet, Do a search.
At the end if you still want to believe the photo was real that's your privilege.

edit on 27-8-2011 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I watched this special and I'd say it was pretty good.

I think when it comes to the UFO phenomenon this is one of those things that you have to be really good at reading between the lines.

The simple fact that the FAA and other government documents specifically mention what to do in case you see a UFO is sort of all the proof we need. It's basically the government stating that we don't know what these things are so don't mention them.

I come to this conclusion for one simple reason. If they were secret government craft they would want the reports and all the evidence collected and analyzed to make what ever secret craft they are working on even more undetectable.

Also what I gathered from this is that there are two types of UFO's, Discs or saucers and black triangles.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dtrock78

@ Oberg,

I am still respectfully awaiting your opinion on the JAL incident.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
To the people still complaining about not getting disclosure?
You've gotten your disclosure already, you just aren't ready for it.

I think you said it right...we've had disclosure by multiple credible witnesses...the FAA, pilots, astronauts, etc...will the U.S. Government officially admit to it, probably not, but who cares...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
History Channel UFO

I've always thought it odd that if governments did not subscribe to UFO theories, then why assign people to investigage them. Why create projects to investigage whether they are or are not credible threats to national security? Wouldn't you think they just wouldn't acknowledge the whole topic? Why create Project Sign, Project Grudge, and Project Blue Book...seems like a lot of effort was devoted to something the government did not believe in. But, according to this documentary, in the FAA employee manual it specifically addresses the topic of UFO's and that employees are Not to report them or discuss them. It's 1 of 3 things: 1) they do not believe in UFOs, 2) they believe them to be secret military aircraft and should not reveal them, or 3) they really are UFO's but want nothing to do with them.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It was a good documentary. And although I'm a firm believer in UFO's, it didn't really convince me that any sighting was extraterrestrial in origin. Were they fascinating, unbelievable sightings? Yes. Were they probably advanced technologically aircraft? Yes. But there was nothing alien about much of it. Good piece of documenting UFO's, however, and it contained very credible sources. Good show.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

It was a good documentary. And although I'm a firm believer in UFO's, it didn't really convince me that any sighting was extraterrestrial in origin. Were they fascinating, unbelievable sightings? Yes. Were they probably advanced technologically aircraft? Yes. But there was nothing alien about much of it. Good piece of documenting UFO's, however, and it contained very credible sources. Good show.

That's because even the Nazi can inscribe symbols on their attempts of saucers. It is a question where the Nazi took the idea of saucers from but they did tests on it. Their scientist invened the Nuclear, the launched the first rocket, if they have discovered some new way of electromagnetic flying with the same pace they did for atomic bombs and rockets, then it will not be surprising all these UFOs are ours.

And thus, nothing from them shows these are alien.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Originally posted by Cosmic911

That's because even the Nazi can inscribe symbols on their attempts of saucers. It is a question where the Nazi took the idea of saucers from but they did tests on it. Their scientist invened the Nuclear, the launched the first rocket, if they have discovered some new way of electromagnetic flying with the same pace they did for atomic bombs and rockets, then it will not be surprising all these UFOs are ours.

And thus, nothing from them shows these are alien.

Its true the Germans were amazing engineers....given enough time, money and resources they may have won the war. Although German chemists Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassmann concluded what would result from bombarding uranium with neutrons, it was the Americans and the British that mastered fission-based weapons in the New Mexico desert. The Germans were largely unsuccessful with their nuclear program because of lack of support by Germany. Had things been different we all might be speaking German today!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I am a new member and just come across this post. I saw the show, and was waiting for the re-run so I could tape it, but to my knowledge it never aired again. I went to the History Channel website to try and find a video of the show to buy, but they didn't have it. I came to the conclusion that the government must have stepped in and banned it from being aired again. Do you know where I can find a video of this program, and what the title was? It was the best evidence of there being UFOs that I have ever seen!
Thanks,
sled735

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the link. S&F for the OP and S for the above. Nice doc, a cut or three above most. I'm a bit skeptical of the claim that that photo was hoaxed, but unfortunately it's tainted and therefore useless as evidence.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thank you so much for the you tube video! This is great, but the one I was think of had a round table discussion at the end of the show with top government officials discussing UFOs, and their own sightings. There was even a U.S. President who saw one, and Ronald Regan was talking about them, too. Do you know anything about that film, and the name of it? Thanks again. This is great evidence!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You might be thinking of Roswell:The UfO Cover-Up (1994 TV movie). It's on YouTube in nine parts, and the segment with the roundtable discussion is here, starting at 4:37:

Roswell - The Ufo cover up (1994) part 8

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

That's not it. It was a doc on the History Channel, and it had Pres. Roosevelt (I think), Pres. Regan, and other top officials around the world talking about the cover up, and their own personal sightings throughout the film. Different countries finally released documents that had been classified until recently. I believe France was the main country, but there were others also. Then at the end there was a round table discussion. Not really important to find it now since you sent me the info on the you tube video: Secret Access: UFOs on the Record. I really believe the government stepped in and banned this video from being shown again because it just disappeared after it aired that one time on the History Channel. I think it was in 2010 when it aired. The History Channel usually offers videos of their documentaries for sale, but not this one! Strange?!
Thanks again for your help.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join