It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Iraq War is About Oil, then How Much Are We Getting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Here are the facts:

The U.S. gets less oil today from Iraq than before 9/11
• The largest source of crude oil for the United States is the United States
•Iraq has never represented more than 4.5% of crude oil used in the United States
•The United States' dependence on foreign oil has increased, but the amount of oil from the Persian Gulf has decreased

www.scottmanning.com...

The U.S. gets less oil today from Iraq than before 9/11

In 2001, the U.S. imported 298 million barrels of oil from Iraq. This was the peak year over the past 10 years. Compare that peak to every year since 2001. The amount of oil imported has gone down and fluctuated, but has averaged at around 190 million barrels a year.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dda46b30830c.png[/atsimg]

Conspiracy theorists will point out that the amount of crude oil imported from Iraq dropped in 2002 and 2003, thus pushing the U.S. government to invade Iraq to get more oil. But Iraq was not holding oil from the U.S. In fact, all oil production in Iraq dropped in 2002 and 2003.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aede3ad61666.png[/atsimg]

Visit the link for more graphs and charts but I think you get the point. If the Gulf War was about oil how come we aren't receiving more from then than before the war started?

www.scottmanning.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

All wars are about profits.

And scottmanning isnt a source i would be using

edit on 20-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Hey we finally agree on something. Don't know about the source if it's not legitimate than the mods can trash this thread.

I will mark him on my "not to use list" for future reference. Thanks for the tip

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Iraq is about powr and control. It is also about Biblical prophecy being fulfilled. He who conquers Babylon is Babylon.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You could probably find an interview or a press conference on youtube where Trump was talking about that recently. Had something to do with us invading and taking the spoils.

sec.. link

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives

Yes we now have control over the oil but were not actually increasing our amount. I will agree that the war was for profit and control absolutely.

However isn't that the reason for almost every war?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Commie body count?
The largest source of crude oil for the US is the US?
Dont know why, but that poo cant be swallowed...

Besides, arent you on the ship that believes iraq was for democracy and freedom?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Yes we now have control over the oil but were not actually increasing our amount. I will agree that the war was for profit and control absolutely.

you should run for office. office of nyuck nyuck!

hey chucklehead

what good is our yum when we don't have any yum?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

I'm on the ship that knows that all wars are fought for muliple reasons. There is never just one. We did go there to topple a dictator, secure the oil supply, obtain power in the region, allow corporations to earn profit but we certainly didn't go there to get oil.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Iraq as about 3 things, Saddam, Oil & being close to Iran.

Afghanistan is about Bi Laden, Precious metals like gold and lithium. Apparently they have $1 Trillion in deposits.

Libya is about history and payback for Panam, Oil.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

ya makes a lot of friggin sense.

are you on drugs?

wait! sorry, sniffing fumes coz you don't make any sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Wow!!!

I have never trusted bar graphs so much before in my Life!!!

Seriously???

Wait, we are there for humanitarian reasons. Yeah, that's it. I forgot.

Oil? What oil?? They have oil there???

We have improved the lives of the people there. We have removed a corrupt government and replaced it with honesty and humanitarianism. Right???

(no disrespect intended toward OP)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well the point is that we aren't actually kicking Iraq off of the oil fields and pumping that oil into our country but they are more secure for our use than had they stayed in Saddam's ownership. If something happens and we need that oil we will have a much easier time negotiating for it now with our puppet government over there.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

But what about their amazing new democracy???

Can't their newly elected officials decide what to do with THEIR oil?

Aren't we there to just help the people???

I'm confused.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by knowseriously

You made me spit out my coffee from laughing on that one. Yes we are do-gooders for sure. We've also painted rainbows on all the buildings and unicorns march happily down the street.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e1e33904a4e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

then How Much Are We Getting?,

We are not getting enough

Oil that is

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Thank You for humoring me.

I'm a bit fed up tonite. Fed... that's funny. Fed...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

May 2011 Import Highlights: Released July 28, 2011

Monthly data on the origins of crude oil imports in May 2011 has been released and it shows that three countries exported more than 1,000 thousand barrels per day to the United States (see table below). The top five exporting countries accounted for 67 percent of United States crude oil imports in May while the top ten sources accounted for approximately 87 percent of all U.S. crude oil imports. The top five sources of US crude oil imports for May were Canada (2,006 thousand barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1,197 thousand barrels per day), Mexico (1,154 thousand barrels per day), Venezuela (895 thousand barrels per day), and Nigeria (808 thousand barrels per day). The rest of the top ten sources, in order, were Colombia (414 thousand barrels per day), Iraq (407 thousand barrels per day), Angola (356 thousand barrels per day), Russia (339 thousand barrels per day), and Algeria (263 thousand barrels per day). Total crude oil imports averaged 8,988 thousand barrels per day in May, which is an increase of 273 thousand barrels per day from April 2011. Canada remained the largest exporter of total petroleum in May, exporting 2,481 thousand barrels per day to the United States, which is a decrease from last month (2,625 thousand barrels per day). The second largest exporter of total petroleum was Saudi Arabia with 1,203 thousand barrels per day.

ftp.eia.doe.gov...
edit on 20-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

America would be a much happier place to live if tomorrow's headline read:

WE ARE SORRY AMERICA. WE HAVE LIED TO YOU FOR MANY YEARS. WE ARE NOW GOING TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH. WE ARE IN IRAQ TO HARVEST THE RICH OIL RESERVES. WE APPRECIATE THE HELP FROM ALL OF THE AMERICAN MILITARY FOR ASSISTING IN THIS ENDEAVOR.

GAS WILL NOW BE 25 CENTS A GALLON.

THANK YOU AND AGAIN, WE ARE SORRY.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Alright go Canada.. drillin for oil, slangin to the US.
Nice, look at Mexico. Not so bad either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join