It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


If the Iraq War is About Oil, then How Much Are We Getting?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

log in


posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:15 AM
reply to post by knowseriously

Wait, we are there for humanitarian reasons. Yeah, that's it. I forgot.....We have improved the lives of the people there. We have removed a corrupt government and replaced it with honesty and humanitarianism. Right???
Take a look at this thread to see a perspective of the Iraq War that you don't hear about from the mainstream media: The Unpatriotic Invasion Of Iraq.

I agree with kro here, we didn't exactly invade their country and turn it into the Enchanted Forest of Happiness, things still suck pretty bad over there. We've helped in some areas, but we've also done lots of damage in others, and I can't see how the ends justify the means in this situation.

We should have never gone in to begin with, but I think oil had something to do with it. Or maybe we invaded to expand our military presence around the globe. Or who knows, maybe this whole thing was orchestrated by whoever is running the show using Bush as their pawn, and they wanted to get us into wars in order to screw us economically.

But was oil the only reason that we went in there? No way.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:18 AM
reply to post by kro32

Our gas prices is $4 a gallon. It's pretty damn expensive. If we had taken the oil, i would pay about $2 a gallon. So it's obvious we never took Iraq's oil.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
What makes anyone think that gas would be cheaper if another company took over control of the oil fields there. They already know people are paying "X" for it, so they want people to pay THEM "X". It's not to make it cheaper for us - when people say we went there for oil, "we" means the American Military, and "went there for oil" means went there so corporations who pay our politicians can profit from that oil.

Hope this clears things up.

Let's not forget the missing 8 billion dollars, either.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:39 AM
Agree with this post.
There is a multitude of reasons, most of which have to do with spreading our sphere of control and influence around the world.

The selling point to the public is democracy and freedom which is baloney, just like they used to tell us that Outsourcing jobs and corporations lifts other parts of the worlds up to our level, which is also baloney, since were all declining while the top 1% get richer and gain more control and power for themselves.

That's why we need to cut military to defensive purposes only because it only benefits those 1% and the government. There is no benefit to the other 99%. Cutting military would be cutting off their arms since it is the tool they use to gain more power for themselves.

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by Juanxlink

I'm on the ship that knows that all wars are fought for muliple reasons. There is never just one. We did go there to topple a dictator, secure the oil supply, obtain power in the region, allow corporations to earn profit but we certainly didn't go there to get oil.

<< 1   >>

log in