It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illumination. Become your own God.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

but when you say YOUR getting tired of being you, you can only make this statement because you are a unique you, once that is gone, what happens, what are YOU then

i just dont get how we can make statements about losing ourselves and becoming part of a collective, when the only thing that enables us to even think or say these things is because we are ourselves right now.....so what else can we be...argh im confusing myself lol

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
"The essence of Illumination lies in the word "Becoming". Religions such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam are based on "Being". Those who understand the difference between being and becoming will start to see how Illumination offers a radically different worldview, one that is utterly breathtaking in the opportunities it offers to humanity."

In my opinion "Illuminists" become so fixated on themselves, so sure that they alone possess total truth, that they will not comprehend (let alone agree to) any arguments against their positions. So, with this in mind, look around us at society - the disintegration now in progress is the direct result of society being convinced that "self" is of utmost importance. Your "becoming" notion centres on "self". The "being" notion centres on "others".

So with this analysis, the Love, Truth and Way of Jesus Christ should be glorified. Unfortunately, your glorification of "self/becoming" has seeped into many people of all Faiths. I can't deny that, hence rightful criticism should be made.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows 100

First it has to be known that there is no world, there is just this.
'This' is now and you combined, there is no 'other'.
Every 'thing' appears now.
Now is you.

If you look at society it tells us not to be selfish, so no we are not taught to know the self, we are steered away from self. Society says others are more important, things are important, someone knows more than me. We are not aware of our true self, we only see out. We believe what we are told and do not listen to the self, we are led by organized religion and politics, education, false beliefs. That is why the world is as it is.
Know thyself.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldRepublic22
All religions based on faith rather than knowledge are contrary to Illumination.

Yes but you still need a little faith

All religions that do not teach reincarnation are contrary to Illumination.

Oh yea? Why is that?

All religions that posit a benign creator of the earth are contrary to Illumination.

How so? The only suffering I see around is caused by humans not the natural world, so the way I figure it, a benign entity/energy created the earth in all its beauty and splendour and it was a bunch of talking apes trying to be "as the gods" that screwed it up!

All religions that place humanity in an automatically degraded state in relation to divine reality are contrary to Illumination.
We are in a degraded state because we choose to be

Men and women are not afflicted by "original sin".
Actually we are, if you know anything about the brain you would know what sin is and why we are born into it

They are not guilty from the moment they are born as some religions would contend.
Not guilty no, but with a lot of programming to overcome

They are not condemned by the sins of others (e.g. "Adam and Eve"). They are not subject to Christian predestination. They are not subject to Karma.
Not condemmed however the sins of the fathers do follow the children which again you would understand if you know the brain/body connection, as for karma we create karma for our children, predestination well..... The juries still out on that one me thinks

The essence of Illumination lies in the word "Becoming". Religions such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam are based on "Being". Those who understand the difference between being and becoming will start to see how Illumination offers a radically different worldview, one that is utterly breathtaking in the opportunities it offers to humanity.

We are not "becoming" God ok, God doesnt want us to be God or become God or Jesus or whatever ok! God wants us to chill the fudge out and be human! To enjoy what it is to be spirit experiencing flesh and to ignore the ridiculous hiss of the "serpent" (which has its voice in the reptilian part of our brain) which says that everything good and pure and natural is primitive and ungodly and we need to "evolve"....... Ruddy hell!

But most people are not susceptible to the message of Illumination. The following words are by Nietzsche, but they could equally well be written by the Illuminati:

"The conditions under which one understands me and then necessarily understands - I know them all too well. One must be honest in intellectual matters to the point of harshness to so much as endure my seriousness, my passion. One must be accustomed to living on mountains - to seeing the wretched ephemeral chatter of politics and national egoism beneath one. One must have become indifferent, one must never ask whether truth is useful or a fatality…Strength which prefers questions for which no one today is sufficiently daring; courage for the forbidden; predestination for the labyrinth. An experience out of seven solitudes. New ears for new music. New eyes for the most distant things. A new conscience for truths which have hitherto remained dumb."

from the AC website

Most people just arent being given the right information, how are you supposed to turn off the auto-pilot when you arent aware that there even is an auto-pilot. And people dont want to know, they are comfy where they are, why would they want "illumination" as you call it if they dont understand that everything that makes them comfy is a lie, or worse a trap?
The only time people realise the need for radical change is when they are nolonger comftable

Anyho interesting thread

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
well I must be Illuminated,I am completely detached from society,Just got tired of the politics of the world.Humans have a natural inclination towards greed corruption and war.I fear it is a dna thing,or corrupted souls,take your pick.Im just happy sitting in my little workshop creating,let the world around me do what it must,Ill be fine.When Its all over,I will come out and start all over again. PEACE

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
If you were going to create a Universe, how would you do it? Would you design every molecule, every atom? Or would you create some really intelligent beings in your own image and send them forth with the directive to create? They create lesser beings who create lesser beings and on and on. Think of how much more interesting the game would be for the Prime Creator. As time passes, you can invoke a veil of forgetting and send some of your original creator Gods/ Arch Angels back into incarnation on a world called Earth. Religion? A millstone around your neck. If you are serious about spiritual evolution, toss it aside. It was designed to control you.

Light, Love, beauty and truth to you all.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I disagree. Being is the end result of becoming. Religions use fear to control. Religions seperate. Religions must be tossed out with the trash at some point or spiritual evolution stops. Religion = Control by fear and seperation. When the Aliens land, try and explain your Earth religion to them..."talking snake in the garden" yada, yada, blah, blah, blah..."original sin"...blah, blah, blah...see how ridiculous it sounds and IS?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Illumination or Enlightenment is like a mountain top. There are many paths to the top. As you make that climb you may look back or over at another path and think they are going the wrong way, but as all paths lead to the top, the closer you get to the summit, the more similar you become.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We can all argue and split hairs over our different beliefs until the cows come home, but in the end, it is only belief. There isn't a single one here who actually knows squat with any real certainty about what, if anything at all, lies beyond, so let's not start drowning ourselves and each other in dogma. I hold no beliefs dogmatically at all, I just like to entertain possibilities, that's all.

Treat others as you wish to be treated - that's MY religion.
edit on 20/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NocturnalPhantom

My very thoughts, it is an inner journey, but I'm not going to preach that from the mountain top. The "Golden Rule" is in the simpilest form the foundation.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Being able to explore the different possibilities can be fun, and can also give a much greater sense of meaning to your life, and give hope for a continuation of your self after bodily death, and so on. But once you sign up to some organised system of dogma, or start putting a label on what you believe, then you're just erecting a prison cage around your own mind, which is exactly what the dogmatist god-bothery brigade want us to do.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I agree completely. Even with the so called New Age religion. Many think that they have found something that fits. Light and Love! The message is good, but as Terence McKenna said.."Be wary of trading one operating system in for another". If you really look into the "New Age" religion, there is just as much dogma as any of the others religions. It is good to look at all the religions and take from each that which resonates within you. The knowledge of each will allow you a greater understanding in your search for truth. However, full realization of the complete truth is something that I believe is unattainable. So you are right, not one of us really, really know!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Remove all operating systems. Know that there are operating systems at work and watch for them. Anything that is moving or operating is part of the machine.
The one that is watching all the operating systems is not part of the system.
That one is all seeing and all knowing.
It is being.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

There are many New Age/Neo Pagan/ChristoPagan/Occult and Spiritualist ideas I believe in, but I would never join any kind of formal group. The New Age contains some of the worst cultists and con men out there, and some New Agers are just as dogmatic as Christians and Muslims in their own way. They take universal spiritual truths and pervert them for their own gain. They have no real knowledge of true spirituality.

Then again, what is a religion? A big cult.

True spirituality doesn't need groups or dogma or converts.

You seem to be on the right path already. I hope I join you there one day, but when two or more spirits find the right path it should be natural, not by pressure or threats of Hell or excommunication, and so on.
edit on 20/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: syntax.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yes, I believe we understand many of the same things.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Very true. One does not need the confines of a structured system to explore their spirituality, or anything else for that matter.

As far as other structured systems in our lives. People might say we need structure or there will be chaos. Well, we already live in a world of chaos from those structured systems. Have we ever tried it any other way? When people finally transition from their left-brained, egotistical thoughts and live more in tune with their hearts, the need for such structured systems will be lessened.
edit on 20-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariele
reply to post by OldRepublic22

I think what is really important is to KNOW, - educate yourself, - what is religion? It's nothing less than a organization, made by a man. Also it is important to understand, WHY they have been created?
I do believe, that in the "holy books" like quran, bible, vedas, etc., there are SOME truth. But those are dangerous books for weak minded people, who can not decide for themselves. It seems to me that people subconsciously are looking for someone to lead them, to tell them what to do, to tell them what is right and what is wrong, instead of looking for the truth within themselves. Religions of the world are dangerous. A man is born free. A human being is perfect, however, the society and systems make a human being a monster.
All the answers are inside of each of us. Even jesus christ said "Know Yourselves", "don't you know that ye are gods?". Of course, this gospel was left out out of the bible, because it goes again their mass manipulation plans.
peace and love to all of you

They aren't books for weak minded people, but those with weaker minds can be manipulated by the less divinely-inspired parts of those religious texts. These parts were not written with god's love, but an intent to control and manipulate the less conscious masses.

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
from the first time i read any holy scripture i saw right through the god thing........all these books absolutely REEK of humanity....our fears, our wants, and a dangerous message for people to be zombies in this life that we have.....its like saying not to live when what else are we here for? its like when st augustine wrote philosophy explaining to the people how even if their rulers were evil and killed them, the people could not revolt because it is Gods job to punish these evil rulers, you people just sit calmly and take it lol....funny

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Does not compute.

Can I kill, rape, bully, be an a-hole, steal, because I am my own God?

Can I make drugs, not pay my taxes, not drive on the right side of the road, BECAUSE I AM MY OWN GOD??

Yeah whatever. Look at the condition of the world as it is right now. Is it such a good idea for people to be their own Gods?

Get me the f off this planet.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join