It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illumination. Become your own God.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
All religions based on faith rather than knowledge are contrary to Illumination. All religions that do not teach reincarnation are contrary to Illumination. All religions that posit a benign creator of the earth are contrary to Illumination. All religions that place humanity in an automatically degraded state in relation to divine reality are contrary to Illumination. Men and women are not afflicted by "original sin". They are not guilty from the moment they are born as some religions would contend. They are not condemned by the sins of others (e.g. "Adam and Eve"). They are not subject to Christian predestination. They are not subject to Karma.

The essence of Illumination lies in the word "Becoming". Religions such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam are based on "Being". Those who understand the difference between being and becoming will start to see how Illumination offers a radically different worldview, one that is utterly breathtaking in the opportunities it offers to humanity.

But most people are not susceptible to the message of Illumination. The following words are by Nietzsche, but they could equally well be written by the Illuminati:

"The conditions under which one understands me and then necessarily understands - I know them all too well. One must be honest in intellectual matters to the point of harshness to so much as endure my seriousness, my passion. One must be accustomed to living on mountains - to seeing the wretched ephemeral chatter of politics and national egoism beneath one. One must have become indifferent, one must never ask whether truth is useful or a fatality…Strength which prefers questions for which no one today is sufficiently daring; courage for the forbidden; predestination for the labyrinth. An experience out of seven solitudes. New ears for new music. New eyes for the most distant things. A new conscience for truths which have hitherto remained dumb."

from the AC website

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OldRepublic22

I think what is really important is to KNOW, - educate yourself, - what is religion? It's nothing less than a organization, made by a man. Also it is important to understand, WHY they have been created?
I do believe, that in the "holy books" like quran, bible, vedas, etc., there are SOME truth. But those are dangerous books for weak minded people, who can not decide for themselves. It seems to me that people subconsciously are looking for someone to lead them, to tell them what to do, to tell them what is right and what is wrong, instead of looking for the truth within themselves. Religions of the world are dangerous. A man is born free. A human being is perfect, however, the society and systems make a human being a monster.
All the answers are inside of each of us. Even jesus christ said "Know Yourselves", "don't you know that ye are gods?". Of course, this gospel was left out out of the bible, because it goes again their mass manipulation plans.
peace and love to all of you

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
But I don't want to be just my own God. I want to be yours and everyone else's as well. Although I must admit, that might take a bit more time and effort to accomplish.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
All joking aside I agree with the OP. I believe that we are all connected through a sort of collective "Supersoul", which means that we are all God really, even if we don't realise it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NocturnalPhantom

Now, how did you come to that conclusion??

Almost like instinct isn't it......

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I like to toy around a lot with ideas, then one day years ago I came across the collective subconscious, and it sort of made sense. My conclusion just kind of stemmed from there. It's not a dogmatically held position or anything, but it does make more sense to me than anything else.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Now help others come to that same conclusion. That is the meaning of life. At least, its a good enough one for me and others I know.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Well, one can try, but a lot of the time I think it just falls on deaf ears. I'm happy to point out to others what I believe, but if they don't ask, then I'm not gonna start preaching. In the end it makes little difference, since we all get reabsorbed in the end anyway. I no longer think of the mind as in the head. I think it's something external that permeates reality, and which our brains just tap into. As the stream of consciousness gets filtered through your brain, it creates your personality, but your core consciousness is nothing to do with you, your brain or your life. We're bigger than that.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

On your own, you will have little impact. But join a group of people with similar aims, and there are no limits to what one can achieve.

Form your own group or join one that is already trying to change the world before its too late.

I would be happy to recomend a few promising choices, if you are interested.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I don't see the need, to be honest. The collective soul is you, me all of us. You are the drop and also the entire sea. Whether people get it or not does not matter, because the earthly life does not matter. Your brain just happens to draw on the energy of the collective soul giving the illusion of a discontinuous earth-life. You might learn the truth or not, but once your brain dies you'll be fully reintegrated with the collective anyway, so it doesn't really make any difference, or even matter. It's only the illusion of life and the subsequent illusion of the Ego that makes it seem like it's important.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
On the other hand it might be good to find a few like minds. What do you recommend?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just got your message, and yes, it sounds good. I shall check it out some time today. I have very few people around me I can actually discuss any of this with.
Just added you as a friend.
edit on 20/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This view is essentially the same as the one I hold, with the only exception involving the idea of a personal relationship, or sympathetic, harmonious connection with a personal God who's been here, done that, got the t-shirt, so to speak, which involves for me an issue of integrity and of reintegration with source in a magnificent and beautiful way that does matter where it really counts. But i'm an evolutionary, gnostic Christian mystic and that's just what I've found works for me because there's always an attachment to an outcome, and even to a worthy object of desire or devotion.

To be honest, the title of this thread at first glance gave me the heeebie-jeebies, because i am convinced that there is an indespenisble i-thou relationship with the absolute (Godhead) who is simultaneously both innerent and transcendant.

Also, if God is love itself, among other things or attributes, then what we have is a relationship between the beloved and beloved other, and i wouldn't be interested in making the fatal error which might destroy that possibility, and now, having to a degree fallen in love with God through the person of Jesus, i could never bring myself to do such a thing it's just not part of my makeup any longer, and i think this what it means to be the bride of Christ, however weak and fallible i can be as a bad "wife", the realization of which, in repentance keeps me returning to the sphere of his unending love for me. So again, it's about integrity, restoration, and reintegration, not by my own doing, but as a result of a transcendant, intercessory grace.

And now he's done so much for me, that i would have no need or desire to forsake him, just be grateful, and allow his spirit to inform my own and in the process of ongoing transformation as a "work in progress" discover, however fast or slowly, that he is also the very same best part of who i really am, or was made to be AND to become.

"I am the light of life "
Synonymous with
"You are the light of the world."

What people need to understand about gnostic Christianity, is Jesus is not particularized but instead operates as a model of leadership and initiation into, God-consciousness or what some gnostics refer to as "Christification".

"And as my father (first father of creation) has sent me, even so send I you."

edit on 20-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You are defined by your word, but judged by your deeds, so you will never escape the error of your ways. The best advice I offer you is to have a greater measure of good in your repertoire.

You might want to reconsider your stance on Karma... This is all happening in the "Now."

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Illumination means to light up. Well you are already lit up. Try living in the darkness of deep sleep. There is not a thing called life in deep sleep, there is no experience of anything in deep sleep, even the illusion of self disappears in deep sleep . Yet you still are, so you are the darkness. The light comes on when conscsiousness appears. When the eyes open in the morning consciousness is. Consciousness is the light and you can never say i am not conscious.
The light (illumination) can only appear now in this ever present moment. The light can not appear in the future or the past. This now moment is all there can be.
When it is seen and known for sure that i can not be anywhere where now isn't, i will know i am god.
'I' do not have to become god, when would that be if it is always now?
God is what you are.

This moment is God and you can not separate yourself from now.
The universe is one being, one 'thing', a breathing vibration.
You are being the universe.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

What matters is enhancing or expanding consciousness which naturally leads to good.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
very interesting conversation you guys are having, i believe in a similar thing

i believe the only reason we can sit here and talk to each other from different perspectives is because we are not part of the same thing right now(we were before i think), but i think this being or thing spread itself everywhere in order to see all and learn all, to regulate all.........my explanation will follow, btw i just got my degrees in neuroscience and psychology so im very very into the brain and the science behind it, but my philosophical side keeps my mind open, so while many of my colleagues are stuck in the physical nature of the brain i delve into the philosophical......

ok so we all have the same physical mechanisms, we all have the same brains, when we are born there is nothing unique inside each of us that differentiates us and forms a unique conscious self, it is only due to the fact that the data coming into each of our brains is unique, what i mean is no one inhabits the same time and space on earth or in the universe as you, so even a genetic copy can only stand next to you, or behind you, they cannot literally inhabit the same space and thus take in the same data(data being everything that comes into your sensory organs and such)....so that is how we form a unique consciousness from the same mechanisms, the definition of our consciousness is subjective, if we were all of reality would we be conscious?, maybe at best it would be one biiiig consciousness, but it wouldnt be all of us, there need to be distinctions, differing perspective and observational points

this subjective works perfect for me, because i see a human urge to create objectivity, anything that is BORN naturally has a SUBJECTIVE experience of the world, because they were not around before, wont be after, it only experiences a piece of time, this unique piece is expressed as a unique mind, i believe this is made in order to regulate life, take something like mistreatment of animals, once we see it, process it, we can take action to stop it, i see every human being as a reporter, we all come from the same thing, we are the same thing, when i look deep into someones eyes i see it, i see myself, because we are the same, try starting at people on the street, they will sense it and look back, when we talk to each other, it is this one thing talking to itself, reporting on what it is experiencing in its assigned area of data............

so i said before we strive for objectivity, look at any philosophers work, aristotle, said we all have reason and thus can create objective ethical rules and such, you see he also needed to create objectivity, religion and the belife of gods, what do you think that is? creating an objective perspective so we feel ok, because if that guy sees everything and knows everything lets just follow him........some people want physical things like money, statues and power so people remember them, once again the yearning of a subjective being that came into existence, attempting to solidify its existence in an objective fashion......

i do not know whether to fear death or not yet however, because lets say we do go back to this oneness after death and lose what makes us unique, the us i talk about are the characters we are in our lives and what enables us to even gather here and speak to each other? wont going back into the oneness, be the same as becoming nothing, oneness and nothingness seem to be equal to each other in my mind.......because we will not be able to differentiate between ourselves, we will not be conscious.....we should still be sad for the person we are shedding behind, because they are losing their perspective and everything that came with that world....
and another thing is....it is this person and the person taht you guys have become through this life and processing the data you were given that enabled us to even understand this oneness, does it hold when we are gone....it just seems that all I know is myself, i cant lose it, is this my ego speaking? and if so how can i shed it? how can anyone shed it? when it may be the very thing that prevents us from being one blob of consciousness and enables us to be individuals, because it is the very thing that drives your self interests isnt it? it is the very thing that makes you think in the "I" form.....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectivelife

I don't see death as going into nothingness, quite the opposite. Think of it has having all the consciousness and knowledge of every single thing that ever lived being added to your own.

That's how I see reabsorbtion back into the collective soul.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
but what do you become when you merge with the collective, because what you are here is a random experience of random data, and if you do carry the experience with you how do you differentiate yourself from everything around you, where are the walls that keep your perspective and your consciousness alive?

i think its like asking what AM I at this moment, because iam not the oneness right now, the collective, IAM john, i was born in this town, i had these experiences....this is all i know about the world, all i know is the NOW, i feel after this person is gone, i go into nothingness because these things that make me, me will dissolve, the walls that keep me unique will disappear and i will no longer be me, if iam part of everything again aftr death, I will NOT feel sadness for the death of loved ones around me, there wont be an I to do it, because to feel sadness YOU need to care about the person, why would the collective care about a seemingly random person....

honestly i cant put it into words anymore, i tried my best, maybe in a conversation it would work better...but what im really trying to focus on is the relationships we have between us and the rest of the world, the fact that we are a unique enclosed space enables us to respond to input we get and be conscious, enables us to feel sadness when we see a loved one hurt or die, or whatever....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectivelife

This is one reason I'm a Christian. Personal integrity relative to the eternal Godhead, as part of a vast family of God already always both now and forever.

And by the time my natural life is over, I'll be wanting a new ego identity anyway. I'm 44 now and I'm already starting to get tired of being me..

So it's about integrity of the soul or our most essential innermost self, which to lose integrity relative to the wholeness and perfection of God, is to lose the whole thing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join