It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

masons linked to many secret societies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
having done more research on this topic i have come across masons being linked to many secret societies. i have also found that many of those societies adopt the masonic hierarchy. this proposes several addtional quesitons.

1 - are these societies formed by masons?
1a - if so, why are they formed by masons?

2 - why are there so many?

3 - what is the need for these additonal secret societies?

4 - what is the secert of the masons?

5 - where did "boaz" come from?

if this is not considered a logical post then please excuse me from this board.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dribbler

You're excused.

This is this only question I really understood, since "Boaz" is a name from the excellent Book of Ruth (a plea for tolerance if I have ever heard one). Boaz was a relative of Mahlon, and eventually took Ruth as his wife. He was also the great-gradfather of King David. For this reason, apparently, King Solomon chose to name the left-hand pillar at the porch or entryway to his temple "Boaz."

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
its also one of the passwords for the masons!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

its also one of the passwords for the masons!

Wait a minute... are you trying to imply that the Freemasons have some connection to ... ba-ba-baaaaa -- THE BIBLE?!??!!? SHOCK!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think he's talking about the different orders of masonry like knight's templar, shrine, different rites, and so forth. I thought that was fairly obvious, but I guess not.

I could answer the question, but I think a mason like masonic light would be able to explain it more in-depth.

And it does seem like a valid question for those who don't know the history, where's the respectable Masonic Light when you need him?

[edit on 19-8-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
And it does seem like a valid question for those who don't know the history, where's the respectable Masonic Light when you need him?

In this case, he was probably cursing the Braves infield at the time.

As for other "societies", Masons have formed a good many. The International Benevolent and Protective Order of Elk was founded by Masons, as were Woodman of the World, Knights of Pythias, and Oddfellows.

As to "why?", I suppose it would be to fill a demand. A century or so ago, fraternal societies were very popular, and most everyone belonged to at least a couple.
Remember, this was before the stupid box was invented, so there was no prime time professional wrestling or Jerry Springer shows...fraternal orders served purposes of entertainment and fun.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
For the life insurance and to get away from their wives (thats why Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton joined the racoons)

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
For the life insurance and to get away from their wives (thats why Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton joined the racoons)

No life insurance in Freemasonry, though.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'll give this a shot.

1 - are these societies formed by masons?

Depends on which one. There does indeed seem to be alot of groups that maybe not so much stem from Masonry, but perhaps try as a group to emulate Masonry in terms of their structure and rituals.

1a - if so, why are they formed by masons?

From what I have read and been told, there are several US college fraternities that adopt a ritual or rituals based on Masonic Tradition, and there are several unaffiliated groups that have similar rituals and traditions, such as the Orange Lodge and so on. There is the Order of DeMolay that is for boys 16-21, I think, and is from what I can tell kind of a precursor to Masonry. DeMolay was started by a group of young guys (I think it was 6 or 8 originally) with the help of one of the boys' mentor, who was a Mason. They used the back room (?) of the Masonic lodge to have their meetings and adopted rituals that resembled Masonic rituals, to teach life lessons and such. It kept growing from there. There are lots of groups like this for both boys and girls.

In an attempt to answer your question I would say these groups were either started by Masons, or helped along by Masons, or fashioned after Masonry to share some of the knowledge and the beauty they experienced through Masonry with others who could not do it. Perhaps to expand on the teachings? There could be lots of answers to this question.

Of course, there is a possibility they are looking for slaves to tend the eggs when the Overlords arrive...

2 - why are there so many?

Because Masons are by-and-large good men and lots of people are impressed and inspired by them and wish to conduct themselves in a similar fashion? Because doing good things for people and getting together to learn and share experiences with one another is an appealing concept to many people?

That, or the more people the Masons have "under their control" the easier it will be for them to take over the world, I'm torn...

3 - what is the need for these additonal secret societies?

To try to take over the world, of course!

4 - what is the secert of the masons?

When I find out, I won't tell you. Nyah nyah.

Insert AK's answer here

If you do not consider these logical answers, well, I don't know what to tell you, really. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
wow that was alot of posts in the time it took mew to write that...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   

There is the Order of DeMolay that is for boys 16-21, I think, and is from what I can tell kind of a precursor to Masonry. DeMolay was started by a group of young guys (I think it was 6 or 8 originally) with the help of one of the boys' mentor, who was a Mason.

as i recall it is 14- 21, there was some talk of dropping it to 13 but i dont know
for sure. actually it was started by Frank S. Land for the 8 boys you mention.,
around KC as i recall.

The Girls organizations you refer to are Jobs Daughters and Rainbow Girls.
again as i recall Jobs requires Masonic relationship and Rainbow doesnt.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My dad was a DeMolay, and my mom a Rainbow girl, even, but neither one of them remeber much about it. They're gettin' scenile in their old age

I would assume that those groups have secrets and obligations not to divulge them, too, but I don't know.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
To say that the Moose & Elk lodges don't have similarities & some Masonic influence is misleading.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
To say that the Moose & Elk lodges don't have similarities & some Masonic influence is misleading.

Who said that?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection

Really? In what way is it misleading? Have any evidence of these "similarities?" Are you either a Moose or an Elk? Do you have any experience of a Moose, Elk, or Masonic Lodge at all?

Or are you just talking out of your hat?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Do you have any experience of a Moose, Elk, or Masonic Lodge at all?

while the officer structure and goals of the Elks and Masons are similar, the
ritual, and basic organizational structure are different. My Mother and Dad
were both involved in the Elks organization. Mom was President of the Emblem Club ( Ladies part similar to Eastern Star) and Dad was Exalted Ruler in 66
as i recall (tmytmb). My maternal Grandparents were Mason and EA respectivly.
because of things that happened with her Mother and the ES Mom would have nothing to do with them. Dad would not join the Masons because of something to do with one of the appendant orders ( i just dont remember what it was).
My little sisiter was a Jobs and i was a DeMolay.
one major difference between the Elks and the Masons is the appendant degrees. to the best of my recollection the Elks are closer to organizations like the VFW and the American Legion.

I would assume that those groups have secrets and obligations not to divulge them, too, but I don't know.

as i recall with the exception of our" Degree rituals" most all of our other ritual
work was open, we had several open rituals every year. we had our regular
business meetings during which all the mundane things were attended to
bills etc., and other things like hospital and rest home visitations were scheduled, cards and flowers were sent for various reasons, etc,etc,etc,.
and general meetings for things like ritual practice, elections, visitations to
other chapters, the basic difference between Us and most other youth
organizations was we had a dress code. for the Boys we were required to
wear a coat and tie ( except in the summer, we got off on the tie. where i lived average temp was 110-120.) , the Girls were required to wear dresses.
when my Wife and i were going to attend a DeMolay function for the first time
she was going to wear a pant suit( she had no Idea) she wore a dress. I guess things have changed sin the last few years but to this day if we attend a function SHE wears a dress.
I learned many things during that time that are part of me today.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
the moose and elk lodges are basically watering holes with emphais of Christian beliefs and prayer time at 9:00 PM.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

It's too bad nobody ever told me about it. My dad never mentioned it until I was 23 and started asking him about Masons. I really feel like I missed out on something.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

It's too bad nobody ever told me about it. My dad never mentioned it until I was 23 and started asking him about Masons. I really feel like I missed out on something.

Don't worry about it. I didn't join until I was 24. We can never move forward with hope until we stop looking backward with regret.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Don't worry about it. I didn't join until I was 24. We can never move forward with hope until we stop looking backward with regret.

Oh, I'm not really worried about it, I'm sure if I really want to I can find the rituals and Work(is there Work for Demolay? I would imagine that there is) and still learn the lessons, but I doubt if I ever will. It's just something I think I would have liked to experience for myself, that's all.

Nice line there, by the way, I like that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join