It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brokenbackrest
He shot the man and tried to cover it up, now he will pay for his crimes. Good riddance. His family should lose all social security payments as well should they be getting any.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Brokenbackrest because: (no reason given)

Easy to say when it isn't your child on trial. Should you have been held responsible for the things you did at 12 years of age. Do remember being 12? I do. As bad as this is I can not see the reasoning behind ending this boys life.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

justice4juveniles.com... that one says he only shot him once but fired twice with his eyes closed? not wise either way but criminal masterminds these kids were not, they wanted to run away to arrizona to sell drugs and t shirts to drug people? i dont quite buy the whole Plot to kill the dad but the guys kid shooting him dose not surprise me too much off to go try to find more info
www.paulhenrygingerichtrustfund.org... says pretty much same thing but there set up as save the kid websites so take that with a grain of salt

www.woodtv.com... yeah kids looking more and more guilty

edit on 19-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here is an article that says he shot the step father twice.

It would seem to paint a different picture than the original article.

Hopefully the truth will come out in court.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1972

He shot the man and tried to cover it up, now he will pay for his crimes. Good riddance. His family should lose all social security payments as well should they be getting any.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Brokenbackrest because: (no reason given)

Easy to say when it isn't your child on trial. Should you have been held responsible for the things you did at 12 years of age. Do remember being 12? I do. As bad as this is I can not see the reasoning behind ending this boys life.

Yes I did, and I was held responsible. I remember being told off at school for all kinds of stupid things. Here is the most important point: when I was twelve, I knew damn well the difference between right and wrong, and what was acceptable or unacceptable. This child could have walked away, said he wasn't comfortable with it, even spoke with his parents about it, but no. He decided to go along, both to the 15 year old's house, and to jump in the window. He knew what he was doing so he should be tried, sentenced and punished like any other murderer.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have to say I can't believe some of the comments in this thread.

I'll admit I'm somewhat bias because my brother is serving 30 years for something similar. He happened to be with the wrong people at the wrong time. In south carolina they call it hand of one hand of all. Just because he was with a group of four boys when he was 18 years old and one of them shot and killed a man he was sentenced to 30 years just like the shooter. The rest of his life ruined because of one idiot who was carrying a gun my brother didn't even know he had. Doesn't matter to the courts, you were there, you are guilty. The dumbest part of it all is the shooter is about to walk free because of a technicality and my brother and two others have 25 more years to serve.
This thing we call a court system is screwed.

A 12 year old gets 30 years, and some of you want him put to death,

Gimme a break.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Strictsum because: correction

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Shows how much we have changed...

They probably would of killed or jailed a 12 year old for something like this in the medieval days.

I dont know the true facts of this story and i dont think anyone does,or will.
But i think its wrong to throw him into a adult jail.

Hes still young and should be helped,but we dont do that,do we?

America and Britain has some of the HIGHEST and UNSAFEST places to live in the world, Europe, especially the Nordic countries, lowest crime and safest places to live in the world.

I also agree with JennaDarling's post.
Europe does seem to have less crime and be safer to live in.
Probably because of the better way they go about handling certain matters.

edit on 19-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Crazy. He is actually in an adult prison?
I thought the way that it usually worked was the kid would stay in juv until 18 and then been transfered to adult prison.
They actually walk amongst crazed killers pedos & rapists??? Nah...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here is a link that explains what really happened....pay attention please.

justice4juveniles.com...

This young boy made a mistake helping someone he thought was a friend....he did not kill anyone...and he is not a psychopath....he did not realize going in what his (so-called) friend had totally planned. He tried to talk his friend out of it.

My heart and prayers go out to him and his family. Pray for this boy....pray for mercy and his protection. I fear for him...have compassion people...where are your good hearts?
edit on 19-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He was probably cognitive in the fact that he was a juvenile, and if he got caught it wouldn't matter so much.. That's what you get when kids are playing GTA3, kids are having sex at even younger ages. Get a grip, once a psychopath always a psychopath. This country, this society, its one big joke, of different forms of brainwashed psychopaths.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Wheras in European countries, especially Nordic Countries it is based more on Rehabilitation

Which is why we get things like the Norway shootings. Crime is crime, and a punishment must be harsh no matter how old the person is.

I'd like the statistics to speak for themselves. However I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even read them. Punishment vs. rehab and rehab always wins.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

On your link (I'm still trying to sort out what is the most recent information), I decided to chase some of the details. Frankly, the more I read, the more disturbed I am.

In an unprecedented move, the Indiana Department of Corrections (IDOC) defied Kosciusko County Circuit Court Judge Rex Reed’s order that Paul Henry should serve his sentence at the Wabash Valley adult prison, where he would surely have been raped or killed.

Citing his small size and young age, IDOC determined that Paul Henry would begin serving his sentence in Indiana’s juvenile prison system. (He’s only 5'3" and 108 lbs.)

Unfortunately, IDOC chose to send Paul Henry to Pendleton Juvenile Correctional Facility, where half the population are habitual repeat sex offenders up to 22 yrs old. The US Justice Department says it is the second-worst of 195 US youth prisons studied for sexual violence and abuse by inmates and guards. Insiders call Pendleton the “Sex Pit.”

Paul Henry is in grave danger as long as he is there.

Moreover, I am presently reading about Kosciusko County Circuit Court Judge Rex Reed. He sounds like he might be a real scumbag. (It's too early to tell how credible some of the accusations are against him. I'll post more on him later, if some of it looks credible.)

Meanwhile, with respect to the other boy, I find this equally disturbing:

I’ve been hearing about the anguish being suffered by 15-year-old Colt Lundy now that he is in 23-hour-a-day solitary confinement at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility. The boy’s torture and mental deterioration have been like uninvited shade-like visitors at the door. I wish they would go away and leave me in peace.

The other night, Colt was so distraught that the only way he could be silenced is the prison authorities shot him up with drugs. These shades are menacing and they will not leave me alone.

I wish I could send the kid some of Eva’s “Love Shack” ice cream. Colt needs a shot or two of love each day, not a solution from a syringe.

I wish the shades would go to Judge Reed’s door instead.

Link.

23-hour-a-day solitary confinement!!!

Good god.

Make me pretty sick.

edit on 19-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
its amazing how many people here are actually in favor of letting a 12 year old boy literally get away with murder

an expression, usually used figuratively to describe parents who fail to discipline their children.

causality and stuff, think about it.
edit on 19-8-2011 by snarfbot because: grammatical error

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by snarfbot

Can you point out who those people are?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic

Originally posted by Brokenbackrest Yes I can, and just did. But for your benefit, I will say it again. This was a preplanned murder, Paul Henry Gingerich was involved from the beginning both during planning and the actual murder. He knew full well what he was doing both at the time of planning and when he pulled the trigger.

I greatly would appreciate a source for this. Thanks in advance

Could it be the fact that he pleased guilty in court?

Ok champ, please, oh please show me where in that article you read that he confessed. I just read through it again and I saw nothing of the sort. Like I said in my first post; I haven't recieved enough info from the story linked to gauge a proper opinion.

So I'd really like to see where you are getting your info from. I mean this sincerely, I'm not trying to antagonize you. I would like to see this so I can form a proper opinion of this.

No offense to the OP, it's just I didn't get enough info from the story or vid in the link to come to an absolute conclusion.

I don't know why the actual step-son would want his step-father dead, would be a big reason(according to the killer anyway, doesn't mean his reason is right.). I can't come to a complete judgement on my own part. And I would also like to know how well the accused knew the step-son also. That way it would help to conclude that he may actually have been willing.

What I'm trying to say is, I need more evidence.
edit on 19-8-2011 by BoneMosaic because: I'm going to try to avoid a black hole with my quotes mods.

edit on 19-8-2011 by BoneMosaic because: Format, sigh.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hiasyouwant
That's what you get when kids are playing GTA3, kids are having sex at even younger ages. Get a grip, once a psychopath always a psychopath.

Holy sh*t. you didn't just claim video games are the problem did you? I think you did.

The whole premise behind that kind of theory is that all of humanity are mindless, soul-less, programmable robots with no independent thought of our own.

I have played all the GTA's (except San Andreas) And I feel no compulsion to go out and beat hookers, steal cars or kill step-fathers.

That whole argument is a cheap way out. Very cheap. Goat cheap, the scape kind of goat.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

I never liked the American / British system if punishment, especially the American, it is more based on revenge and bitterness and locking up in retiliation / or murdering them back with the death penalty.

Wheras in European countries, especially Nordic Countries it is based more on Rehabilitation, and getting those people not only to pay for their crime, but more focus on getting back to being a useful member of society and undetrstanding what they did was wrong, more of a long term solution than a simply lock em up. What does that solve? America and Britain has some of the HIGHEST and UNSAFEST places to live in the world, Europe, especially the Nordic countries, lowest crime and safest places to live in the world.

The guy they shot is dead, for ever. How are they going to pay him back? The woman or family he was going to kill in a few years are now going to be just fine. Rehabilitation is over rated. We have billions of people we dont need rehad. One chance at life and this punk took someone elses chance. In Texas we still belive in personal responseability. You murder you die.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Vitchilo
12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

Paul Henry Gingerich is serving a prison sentence for the shooting that killed a friend’s step-father. Even though he didn’t pull the trigger...

Wow, this is the most lightweight news article that I'd read in a long time.
I had to go search other news items to find out what the story was!

As from what I've read, the boy is as guilty as hell.
And yes, he did shoot the guy - twice.
Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not get out of jail free.

edit on 19-8-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Guilty and no doubt fully involved in the planning. Hopefully when he gets to 18 they can retrial him and sentence him to death.

You can't try him twice, thats Double Jeopardy.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nfflhome
The guy they shot is dead, for ever. How are they going to pay him back? The woman or family he was going to kill in a few years are now going to be just fine. Rehabilitation is over rated. We have billions of people we dont need rehad. One chance at life and this punk took someone elses chance. In Texas we still belive in personal responseability. You murder you die.

Again, I would really like to see where your info is coming from to make that judgement. I really would.

I haven't seen a damn shred of evidence so far to convince me that he was fully aware of a murder plot or a willing participant in the crime.

Again please direct to a reliable source with information to prove otherwise or log off and sit in the corner.

I am willing to review my opinions if actual evidence surfaces that this young man did indeed want to willing kill that man. Though even with such proof, I would still opt for rehabilitation and therapy, to prevent him from becoming a repeat offender.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by snarfbot

Can you point out who those people are?

are you asking me to go through this thread and make a list of forum handles, who made posts sympathetic to the murderers from the op?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Okay,okay....

So I'm confused I guess, did the 12 year old kid murder someone or not?

I keep seeing people say that he murdered the guy and that he should die and be executed and so on?

Did he kill the guy or not?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join