It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

we're really evolving as a species don't you think!?

Good question and I dont think the executioners know this part of the deal in which they play... they probably go home like its a normals day work w/o seeing what they have become may sink their density to exist around or next to the very soul they judged w/o THE REAL JUDGE SMH..

AMazing how even some who make laws and uphold them from top to bottom KILL with a higher freedom w/o any judgment due to $$$$ and who they know so?
edit on 8/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brokenbackrest

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by habfan1968

WIth so many laws passed by government, everybody is a criminal at some point in their lives usually out of ignorance.

That is what annoys me when people take their soap box and spout "so don't be a ciminal then", well that is very hard to do. What you really mean is, DONT GET CAUGHT.

edit on 19-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

Petty crimes and misdemeanors are not at issue here Jenna, it is high crimes we are talking about. People take a life, destroy a life etc... and found guilty of these crimes should be dealt with harshly.

Absolutely right, we should murder them back, it's called the death penalty.

There is nothing hypocritical in that at all, it shows a GOOD example of a good civilised society.

exactly!

for the death penalty to be executed you allways create a second killer because someone:
- has to pull the trigger
- has to flip the switch
- has to give the lethal injection

so yeah.

fixing murder with murder.

We could evolve better were it not for people like you, holding back justice systems from issuing punishments designed to prevent re-offending.

well if you feel about the system as you wrote above, i can understand why we're having this discussion.
designed to prevent re-offending?

more like, designed to create heartless animals.

you seriously think prison time will do anybody any good?

i've heart an inmate say the following and it's so true:

you can't force regret upon somebody by prison time, someone has to embrace that concept themselves.

(came from a high ranking AB member)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

WIth so many laws passed by government, everybody is a criminal at some point in their lives usually out of ignorance.

That is what annoys me when people take their soap box and spout "so don't be a ciminal then", well that is very hard to do. What you really mean is, DONT GET CAUGHT.

Petty crimes and misdemeanors are not at issue here Jenna, it is high crimes we are talking about. People take a life, destroy a life etc... and found guilty of these crimes should be dealt with harshly.

There is nothing hypocritical in that at all, it shows a GOOD example of a good civilised society.

exactly!

for the death penalty to be executed you allways create a second killer because someone:
- has to pull the trigger
- has to flip the switch
- has to give the lethal injection

so yeah.

fixing murder with murder.

We could evolve better were it not for people like you, holding back justice systems from issuing punishments designed to prevent re-offending.

people like me?

explain please...

who are what are people, like me, exactly?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar

So, if a member of your family were brutally murdered for no reason whatsoever, what would you want to happen to the offender? I'm asking because you are obviously opposed to the death penalty, if I'm reading your sarcasm correctly.

I am European, in American eyes that means I am a Communist Nazi and should be on the Axis of Evil list.

Just because you want to inact revenge, doesnt mean we all do.

In fact people have been murdered in lots of countries, and families called for no retialiation against the murder as that would put the families in the same position, they have a conscience too.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Brokenbackrest

I do not think of the taliban as freedom fighters, I was explaining the difference between them and his case. I'd like to know where you got the impression that I think they are freedom fighters.

From you:

Uh, the Taliban are fighting western invaders in their homeland....

Like I said, I guess this child's mistake was that he didn't commit this murder for religious or political reasons.

Your posts are complete dribble, imo.

edit on 19-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I am European, in American eyes that means I am a Communist Nazi and should be on the Axis of Evil list.

Just because you want to inact revenge, doesnt mean we all do.

In fact people have been murdered in lots of countries, and families called for no retialiation against the murder as that would put the families in the same position, they have a conscience too.

I get that you wouldn't want to enact revenge, so again, what would you want to happen to a person that brutally murders a family member of yours?

And, of course, I would never wish something that awful on someone, it's just a good way to drill down to a point. It's easier to see where someone stands when things are personal.
edit on 8/19/2011 by DelMar because: guud spellar

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's a very unsavory situation, but the truth is, you are just as dead if you are murdered by a 12 year old, as you would be if you were killed by a 35 year old.

This child is incompatible with society. Let's hope there will be some effective rehabilitation for him.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Let's hope there will be some effective rehabilitation for him.

ladyinwaiting

It's really hard to understand your general view and this 'hope' in light of the specifics. Do you really hold these positions after reading all of the material available on this case?

Link.

Moreover, I'd still like someone to help me understand this:

Originally posted by loam

The national median number of sentencing months for murder is 262 months. This 12 year old child got 360 months.

How do you think this child fits in the top half of the nation's murders?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

When said 12 year old kills someone, I would expect nothing less.

I thought this kid didn't kill the guy?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Based on the link to the news item on page three of this thread and the following link, which presents the perspective of the boy's family, there seems to be conflicting information about the circumstances of this case.

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in between.

Regardless, I believe the sentence is far too extreme.

I won't be participating in this thread any further as at least one contributor seems to be very unstable.

www.paulhenrygingerichtrustfund.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

No offense but you're from Germany and you talk about Neo Nazi's, remember where that originated.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

He shot the man and tried to cover it up, now he will pay for his crimes. Good riddance. His family should lose all social security payments as well should they be getting any.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Brokenbackrest because: (no reason given)

i hope you'll receive as much compassion as you are able to give to others.
oh, look: a six-pack. go and get it

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I do not think of the taliban as freedom fighters, I was explaining the difference between them and his case. I'd like to know where you got the impression that I think they are freedom fighters.

From you:

Nothing he said is incorrect there. The homeland of the Taliban is, in fact, Afghanistan. The were invaded by Western powers, and they are fighting them. Nothing in there says "freedom fighter" specifically, but you know what they say "One man's terrorist...."

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
what do you expect? it's Indiana. they are right up there with the other whacked red states. Texas leads the pack. I'm telling ya, these red states and their god forsaken evangelical, bible in one hand / gun in the other hypocrites are going to be the death of this nation if the American people don't wake up. bounce those bozos out of office quickly. vote progressive ~ vote Democrat. lean forward people ......... just lean forward.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crumbles
reply to post by JennaDarling

No offense but you're from Germany and you talk about Neo Nazi's, remember where that originated.

if you meant no offense, why make this remark..?

you're obviously implying something.

not every german is a neo-nazi so i don't understand, if you meant 'no offence', why you'd make a remark like that

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

From you:

Like I said, I guess this child's mistake was that he didn't commit this murder for religious or political reasons.

That does not say "freedom fighters". Are you attempting to deny that the taliban are fighting western invaders?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

From you:

That does not say "freedom fighters". Are you attempting to deny that the taliban are fighting western invaders?

no, you said they were fighting invaders.

wich usually means they're fighting for their freedom and the freedom of their country.

that's why he said what he said.

loam correct me if i'm wrong

ETA:

so you pretty much called them freedomfighters allthough you didn't use the actual term.
edit on 19-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

No, YOU fail so much, by falling for this little cretin's family propaganda. Of course they are going to say that he is innocent, never pulled the trigger, but the fact is, he is a little psychopath who needs to be kept locked up.

Did you know more than the court of law that has determined he did not pull the trigger. Did you even read the link before posting your first comment.. Look past your own presumptions and see the facts....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

It's really hard to understand your general view and this 'hope' in light of the specifics. Do you really hold these positions after reading all of the material available on this case?

Thanks for the link. I didn't review all the material, but enough I believe to get a handle on the dynamics.

The child wanted his parents to reunite, so he took a life in order to achieve that. He is not five. He is twelve. He knows right from wrong. Without regard for another human life, or what his parents wanted, he orchestrated a murder to meet his own longings.

This is very likely Conduct Disorder, Solitary Type.

Conduct Disorder, Group Type, are the kids in gangs, who fall in with the criminal activities of the group. Upon reaching adulthood, they most often leave the gang, and can live perfectly normal lives.

Conduct Disorder, Solitary Type, prognosis is not nearly as favorable. For whatever the causal factors,(usually it's child abuse) they have developed the most horrendous of Personality Disorders. Ted Bundy was once a 12 year old with Conduct Disorder, Solitary Type. So was Jeffery Daumer.

Upon reaching the age of 18, the diagnosis is changed from Conduct Disorder, Solitary Type, to Anti-Social Personality Disorder, or Sociopath, or Psychopath, or whatever you would like to call it.

The fact remains, the child took a human life without regard for it, or without taking into consideration the desires of others,(maybe his parents didn't want to get back together) but only having regard for his own interests. I've worked consistently with kids who have these traits, and I can tell you right now, they will blow your head off for a six pack of beer.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am. If so, further psychological evaluations will be made to determine this, and they will deal with him accordingly, and find the most suitable treatment program for him. Until that happens, it is unsafe for the child to mingle with vulnerable and innocent populations.

As for "hope", if I am correct, all the hope in the world isn't going to fix him. At this point, he is a very dangerous child.
edit on 8/19/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join