It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Jeffersons Warning To America... Written In 1802

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

This quote is commonly attributed to Thomas Jefferson. Unfortunately, it is a hoax and fake. He never said this. See this link for proof: www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
ymarsakar.wordpress.com...
www.ralphkeyes.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
HERES JEFFERSONS ACTUAL QUOTE >>>"and i sincerely believe,with you,that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies and that the principal of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding,is but swindling futurity on a large scale" may,28th 1816,.....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
This thread is completely pointless, since the quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson in the OP is a well known fake.

The use of the terms inflation and deflation are dead giveaways.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)
NICE TRY rockdisjoint>>>YOUR WRONG
edit on 19-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

HERES JEFFERSONS ACTUAL QUOTE >>>"and i sincerely believe,with you,that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies and that the principal of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding,is but swindling futurity on a large scale" may,28th 1816,.....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rydizz
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

This quote is commonly attributed to Thomas Jefferson. Unfortunately, it is a hoax and fake. He never said this. See this link for proof: www.snopes.com...

You stole my avatar

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

This thread is completely pointless, since the quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson in the OP is a well known fake.

NICE TRY rockdisjoint>>>YOUR WRONG ^^^ READ THE LINK en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Nope, I'm not. rydizz just posted an great article proving what I said.

See here: www.snopes.com...

&

Here: en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Nope, I'm not. rydizz just posted an great article proving what I said.

www.snopes.com...
en.wikiquote.org... its right here what he actually said on may 28th 1816 en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Did you even read your own link? It proved me right.

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

HERES JEFFERSONS ACTUAL QUOTE >>>"and i sincerely believe,with you,that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies and that the principal of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding,is but swindling futurity on a large scale" may,28th 1816,...HE DID SAY THIS AND ITS JUST AS VALID

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Two different quotes, dude and they state two completely different things.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Wow this is old news.... lol kidding.

Yeah I read this years ago. Jefferson was not a dumb man.

Corporations and Banks are really doing the same thing, but a lot of conservatives just cant see how their party is selling our country day by day under the guise of capitalism.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

While I like Ron Paul more and more, to expect him to fix this country in four is asking a whole lot from him. It'll have to be done incrementally as Americans hate quick change.

His first monumental task is to remove the Federal Reserve, and I don’t see that happening without some wailing and gnashing of teeth, and that’s putting it mildly.

I think if he embarks on that road, there will probably be an assassination attempt on him or his family. The banks don’t play nice when their interests are threatened.

It's going to get uglier before it gets better.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why do people continually fall for this hoax.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The correct quote is as prescient as the false one, just subtly different.

We have indeed been 'swindling futurity' for many many decades to provide a small group with wealth undreamt of in human history.

Unfortunately for the rest of us futurity has now come calling with a baseball bat.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
1) Americans are too stupid to understand what it means today
2) Americans are too lazy to do anything about it.

Bite me, you know its true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join