It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Jeffersons Warning To America... Written In 1802

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
www.rense.com... its amazing and very ominous to consider the fact that thomas jefferson wrote this over 200 years ago...he knew exactly what he was talking about and he could'nt have been more correct and we are all now living within the chains of his warning come alive...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

* Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802) and later published in The Debate Over The Recharter Of The Bank Bill (1809)

Thomas Jefferson's Warning To America
www.rense.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So far I agree with the premise that banks will desdtoy this country, but can someone explain what he meant by "first by inflation then by deflation"?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT
So far I agree with the premise that banks will desdtoy this country, but can someone explain what he meant by "first by inflation then by deflation"?
sounds to me like he was aware of the banks ability to manipulate society,to control the masses, by fabricating then orchestrating financial crashes and rebounds of the economy
edit on 18-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." (From Rense.com)

Jefferson was 100% correct. The Federal Reserve (privately held banking cabal) and absense of substantive banking regulation (such as Glass-Steigall en.wikipedia.org...) has decimated our country.

We have, in effect, been invaded by a foreign globalist power which is in the process of conquering us from within. A good start would be to demand transparency from the Federal Reserve as part of a thorough audit.

Many Americans are today hungry and homeless as a direct result of the greed of these parasites.

edit on 18-8-2011 by robyn because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ya very insightful man..

Read sig below..

Also this is a good video here..

edit on 8/18/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

...the most important lesson is to stop conquering other people's countries...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

He is talking about the banks raping the land of the people who rightfully own it..(::EDIT:: Actually the white people down own this land either, but going on what he is saying..)

If you are referring to America about the 2 wars we have and probably a few more on the way.. Most of the American public wants nothing to do with it.. Most of these wars are done so rich people can get richer and poor people get thinned out a tad bit more..

This isnt like we are all jumping up and down screaming "MORE WARS!!!!".. Do you really think we want to be in iraq and elsewhere?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The Founding Fathers seemed to have warned us about so many different aspects of the government that we currently have, and sadly not too many people even notice or care.

If they could see exactly how our government and this country functioned nowadays, they would crap themselves. The Constitution is being manipulated, flat out ignored, and disobeyed by presidents who swear an oath to defend it.

America functions on such a different level than back then that it seems like the Constitution takes a back seat to "more important things", like giving up freedom for security which Ben Franklin said was a no-no, getting into wars without the proper approval, or giving the federal government more and more power.

The true patriots know what the solution is: Elect Ron Paul in 2012. Only with Ron Paul as president can we restore this country to it's former state of functioning in compliance with the Constitution, and put the power back in the hands of the people rather than big banks. With him in charge American citizens will get their freedom back.

edit on 18-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

He is talking about the banks raping the land of the people who rightfully own it..(::EDIT:: Actually the white people down own this land either, but going on what he is saying..)

If you are referring to America about the 2 wars we have and probably a few more on the way.. Most of the American public wants nothing to do with it.. Most of these wars are done so rich people can get richer and poor people get thinned out a tad bit more..

This isnt like we are all jumping up and down screaming "MORE WARS!!!!".. Do you really think we want to be in iraq and elsewhere?
what hes saying is that eventually someday the people wont be able to afford their homes and property anymore and the greedy banks will take them away and leave the owners and their children homeless...a 200 year old prophecy of.... FORCLOSURE ?!?!?!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Inflation is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time.[1] When the general price level rises, each unit of currency buys fewer goods and services. Consequently, inflation also reflects an erosion in the purchasing power of money

This is why the dollar is not worth squat. The Federal Reserve keeps printing money that we are not able to back. Thus we must sell Treasuries to foreign countries.

Deflation on the other hand is is a decrease in the general price level of goods and services.[1] Deflation occurs when the inflation rate falls below 0% (a negative inflation rate). This should not be confused with disinflation, a slow-down in the inflation rate (i.e. when inflation declines to lower levels) - Economists generally believe that deflation is a problem in a modern economy because of the danger of a deflationary spiral (explained below).[3] Deflation is correlated with depressions – including the Great Depression, as banks defaulted on depositors. Additionally, deflation may cause the economy to enter a liquidity trap. However, historically not all episodes of deflation correspond with periods of poor economic growth.

I believe are seeing this also, by the fact we are propping up the banks with money printed by the Federal Reserve, which is the cause of our soon to be very apparent inflation problem.

In essence they are doing it all at the same time.
edit on 18-8-2011 by FusionInFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

And that America won't be owned by her people anymore, Take a look at what is happening in Greece right now. The assets of the country are being sold out from under of her people to pay bankers to satisfy debt that really isn't actually the Greek people's debt. The Greeks are rioting because some have become aware that their politicians signed them onto it for financial gain.

edit on 18-8-2011 by robyn because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
the government and its media are able to create a "recession" or "depression" just by printing headlines over and over that say we are in one! or headed into one! then the "fear" takes over,fear that spreads out into the public and actually causes people to spend less ,thus "they" will have created a manufactured economic crisis,even if there was never one to begin with! just like manufacturing an enemy,spreading the fear to justify the war that follows and then comes the massive amounts of cash that the industrialists rake in from the war machine swinging into high gear
edit on 18-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

He is talking about the banks raping the land of the people who rightfully own it

...obviously my point went over your head... i'll try again - no biggie...

...what he said about the security of the children of the conquerors is indicative of a supremacist mindset and its no secret that he was...

...nowadays, that part of his infamous statement is often totally ignored in lieu of his warning about banks and corporations (which was common knowledge even back then)...

...he was in bed with bankers and corporatists when it suited his coffers - and - then, for the benefit of keeping up his facade to the common folk, he would say things to make it appear that the bankers and corporatists were his enemies - but - it was the same game politicians play today and its 100% void of integrity...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

He is talking about the banks raping the land of the people who rightfully own it

...obviously my point went over your head... i'll try again - no biggie...

...what he said about the security of the children of the conquerors is indicative of a supremacist mindset and its no secret that he was...

...nowadays, that part of his infamous statement is often totally ignored in lieu of his warning about banks and corporations (which was common knowledge even back then)...

...he was in bed with bankers and corporatists when it suited his coffers - and - then, for the benefit of keeping up his facade to the common folk, he would say things to make it appear that the bankers and corporatists were his enemies - but - it was the same game politicians play today and its 100% void of integrity...

tell that to the tens of thousands of americans thrown out of their homes and the tens of thousands of americans living on the street, some of whom are veterans!
edit on 19-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've been watching (as I'm sure you all have), the goings on in Europe. Phrases like "forgiving the debt" are being bantered around more and more.

With just about EVERY country owing money to someone, seems like someone should take a look at who owe who what, and find a way to shift the debt around.

ie, (all hypothetical), France owns the US, say, 1 Trillion dollars, England and Germany each own France say, $300 billion. Why not shift that debt owed to look like, England and Germany pay those funds that they each owe to the US, and then France only owes the US, $400 million.

I know I'm probably over simplifying things, but there must be cases where something like this could be done. It's a big paper shuffle, but, might make bottom lines look better.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
I've been watching (as I'm sure you all have), the goings on in Europe. Phrases like "forgiving the debt" are being bantered around more and more.

With just about EVERY country owing money to someone, seems like someone should take a look at who owe who what, and find a way to shift the debt around.

ie, (all hypothetical), France owns the US, say, 1 Trillion dollars, England and Germany each own France say, $300 billion. Why not shift that debt owed to look like, England and Germany pay those funds that they each owe to the US, and then France only owes the US, $400 million.

I know I'm probably over simplifying things, but there must be cases where something like this could be done. It's a big paper shuffle, but, might make bottom lines look better.
wiki.answers.com... this link will explain a lot of the sad facts...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yes Bocula,

I know it's an amazing number that we owed, but part of the problem with the market today is just a lack of confidence, NOT just in the US. Even if we could use my idea with all of the rest of the world, excpet the US (except where monies owed to us or by us changes hands), it might be able to help stableize the rest of the global economy.

Or, the entire world just forgives their debts and we all start over. (yea...like that's going to happen).

Thanks for that link!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
Yes Bocula,

I know it's an amazing number that we owed, but part of the problem with the market today is just a lack of confidence, NOT just in the US. Even if we could use my idea with all of the rest of the world, excpet the US (except where monies owed to us or by us changes hands), it might be able to help stableize the rest of the global economy.

Or, the entire world just forgives their debts and we all start over. (yea...like that's going to happen).

Thanks for that link!
your welcome...this link is even more mind blowing and sad and i dont see a way out, without the bottom dropping out of our whole social structure en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This thread is completely pointless, since the quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson in the OP is a well known fake.

The use of the terms inflation and deflation are dead giveaways.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join