It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the real men gone?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I know. Saving the males is an unlikely vocation for a 21st-century woman. Most men don’t know they need saving; most women consider the idea absurd. When I tell my women friends that I want to save the males, they look at me as if noticing for the first time that I am insane. Then they say something like: “Are you out of your mind? This is still a male-dominated world. It’s women who need saving. Screw the men!”

Actually, that’s a direct quote. The reality is that men already have been screwed – and not in the way they prefer. For the past 30 years or so, males have been under siege by a culture that too often embraces the notion that men are to blame for all of life’s ills. Males as a group – not random men – are bad by virtue of their DNA.

Save the Men

That was an Extract from Kathleen Parkers new book, Save the Males: Why Men Matter, Why Women Should Care. This American Columnist makes an extremely valid point, and relates to a huge number of problems we see today in society. Read, and Ponder.

Thankyou

P.S. Kudos to fellow ATS Member newcovenant for finding this article

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

I agree. I belong to a fraternity (see avatar
) so that I have my guy-time. And we take it outside of our lodge to the bars or one anothers house and enjoy the company of just guys, good whiskey and/or sotch, and fine cigars. To save the male species males themselves have to take it upon themselves to be men. I would also say it appears that the "real men" have died off, but in reality we just don't make good TV .. audiances want womanly men and gays on TV which ultimately makes us all look at the very least Metro lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No offence but isn't this thread simply an off shoot from this thread: Blood On My Shirt - Where Are the Real Men At?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Real men give themselves stiches with crazy glue,rea men shave by using duct tape and ripping it off,real men dont always drink dos equis,but when they do ,sleep with fluffy women.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Thank you!

Feminism has feminised the male population. We are becoming an androgynous society with no well-defined gender roles and it is one big mucky mess. Just my not-so-humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I was just thinking that

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The real men are in hiding and the men we see everyday have been feminised.....easier to control you see.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I agree. I belong to a fraternity (see avatar
) so that I have my guy-time. And we take it outside of our lodge to the bars or one anothers house and enjoy the company of just guys, good whiskey and/or sotch, and fine cigars. To save the male species males themselves have to take it upon themselves to be men. I would also say it appears that the "real men" have died off, but in reality we just don't make good TV .. audiances want womanly men and gays on TV which ultimately makes us all look at the very least Metro lol.

If you call a real man someone who hangs out at the bars and smokes fancy cigars while downing fine scotch a real man...well... I disagree.

Women don't want womenly men..and they don't want men who think that because they can afford the finer things in life and hobnob with the rich..they are real men.

Men do get a bad rap....and some deserve it...but definitely not all..and the same can be said for women.

To me a real man is someone who works hard for his family..doesn't take advantage of the poor... and doesn't need a cigar and a roomful of cronies to tell him he's a real man.

To all you average joes out there...trying to make an honest living ..and take care of things best you can....I applaud you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Every man on his own, there is no "we".

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
as a male, i have pondered this question with a lot of intensity. i don't know what makes a male a man, but i do agree that feminism and the current culture has completely cast aside an entire generation (or more) of boys. women run the show here, and there is basically no room to be a man. i grew up with 'manners' and i understand and practice chivalry as much as i can, but holding the door for someone doesn't seem to make much of a difference in their life.

it's unfulfilling to be a doorman, too.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I'm a woman and I have to agree with you there; males have become too feminized or way too narcissistic, don't accept their responsibilities seriously, and are at a loss of what their place is in this world.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
...there are still tons of good men... dont know what this "real" man thang is except maybe an excuse to promote martyr syndrome... that feminists are trying to feminize males is just another excuse used by easily intimidated people, as well as control freaks who see nothing wrong with trying to control everyone around them but resent anyone that has the same mindset...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

If you call a real man someone who hangs out at the bars and smokes fancy cigars while downing fine scotch a real man...well... I disagree.

No .. being a man is doing what ever it is that you enjoy regardless of opinion. For instance, I don't care what you think being a "man" is. For me its sitting with my friends drinking, or some it's fishing (i hate fishing), or hunting, or basketball leagues etc.. The emasculated man has no hobby to call his own, few male friends, no designated time to spend alone doing the things he enjoys. I know many like that, and it's a sad thing.

To me a real man is someone who works hard for his family..doesn't take advantage of the poor... and doesn't need a cigar and a roomful of cronies to tell him he's a real man.

You describe a good person .. not a man. We disagree, and I see you as the problem.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Real men simply have a penis. Women don't. Everything else is a choice.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Men in general have been wussified to a great extent for many years.
And that's bad in general. It leads to a bunch of confused men.

Everything suffers. Relationships especially suffer when a man acts like a wuss.
That's why the divorce rate is so high.

I think what we are lacking nowadays are strong father figures to teach sons how to act like a man.
edit on 18-8-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I think this is relevent

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The real problem is us blokes trying to be something we aren't. All in the hope of getting a leg-over.
We're bombarded with adverts and magazine columns that tell us women want men to fit this stereotype or that one...It's very easy to forget who you really are amidst all this.

I'm rather lucky in that I figured out that if someone wants me to change from the often grubby, stubbly, coarse humored old biker that I am, then its not me they really like, so they can bugger off. Not everyone has figured that out, though.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by klarkowski67
Real men simply have a penis. Women don't. Everything else is a choice.

...what about men who have lost their penis or have had it rendered useless due to battle injuries or cancer?... are they not real men anymore?... imo, they still are cuz theres a lot more to a man than just his genitals...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I think what we are lacking nowadays are strong father figures to teach sons how to act like a man.

You got it mate.. when xbox and cable tv raise your children you get a !@$! up society. Then you have our social heroes (for lack of a better word) role models being complete douchebags .. and don't get me started on politicians..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Real men are Alpha Male types.

Strong, confident, dominant, humorous, calm etc.

You know who they are instinctively.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join