It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Hell Is This? Radioactive Rain In Toronto?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What the hell man???
How come i'm not hearing about this anywhere
not on the msm sure, but not even on local news outlets?????????

I went camping on the weekend and our grill was outside after making Portobello burgers and the grill was in the rain for a while, this was somewhat close to Toronto
My wife said she tasted a kerosene like salty taste.

Is that what this is? Now I have a few bumps on my face and so does my wife.
I thought it was bed bugs.
Is this what is going on?

WTHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The rain is radioactive almost everywhere, but Canada is getting an especially large dose due to the jet stream from Japan. If you had been researching Fukushima, you would have known this already. Treat yourself and your rained-on possessions as radiologically contaminated, and act accordingly. I don't really know what to wash with if it gets onto your skin... but the larger concern is washing any clothes that got rained on (hopefully while still wet) and not letting the particles get dry and dust up around your house. The main goal IMO will be not breathing anything in.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The Canadian media is not reporting these stories anymore, and the government refuses to do any testing.

I went camping on the weekend and our grill was outside after making Portobello burgers and the grill was in the rain for a while, this was somewhat close to Toronto My wife said she tasted a kerosene like salty taste.

Just curious, did you happen to use any fire starter to get the grill going? Charcoal grill? Portable propane?

Those zippo fire starter blocks (various brands) are actually mostly kerosene and could account for the taste if you didn't let it ash over long enough before cooking. When I use them for campfires I give it a minimum of 30 minutes before i try to cook anything over it.

That said, a metallic salty taste could indeed be radiation exposure.

The rain is radioactive almost everywhere

Common misconception. The rain is carrying particulate that is radioactive, the water itself is not, just the material it is bring down close to the ground.

Soapy water can be used to flush material from objects. clothing, unless rainproof, I'd just toss away fast,do NOT burn it.

Watch the jetstream forecasts and if you are on the west coast, well.... If I was on the west coast I would seriously limit the time I spend outside in the rain, or after a rain fall.
edit on 18-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Let's read this article.
Coal Ash is more Radioactive than Nuclear waste.

Then this (much older info).
Radiactive Elements in Coal

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Just curious, did you happen to use any fire starter to get the grill going? Charcoal grill? Portable propane?

Those zippo fire starter blocks (various brands) are actually mostly kerosene and could account for the taste if you didn't let it ash over long enough before cooking. When I use them for campfires I give it a minimum of 30 minutes before i try to cook anything over it.

That said, a metallic salty taste could indeed be radiation exposure.

Charcoal portable grill
We started the fire with one of those things
Dude I don't know alot about cooking and don't eat meat so I don't know the name of that thing
but it's like a long small gun with a trigger, you pull the trigger and a small flame comes out
I think it's used for barbecues.

30 minutes? Really, it kept raining back and forth so we put the food on the grill after 10mins
There was also worcestershire sauce and it was our first time trying that sauce
Yes you probably find that weird but we are veggies after all

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
if there is danger, be assured Japanese people will be the first victims. Until their population suffers a huge pandemic, this is more or less fear mongering. Granted I would like to know how safe things are on the west coast, but to get excited and scared over something I wont know for sure is just added stress that is unnecessary.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The Canadian government is ignoring it and so is the media. I live just west of Toronto in Hamilton, and have been telling my friends to stay out of the rain.
All I get in return is, if what you say is true it would be on the news

don't forget to wash you veggies

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
if there is danger, be assured Japanese people will be the first victims. Until their population suffers a huge pandemic, this is more or less fear mongering. Granted I would like to know how safe things are on the west coast, but to get excited and scared over something I wont know for sure is just added stress that is unnecessary.

Except it takes years before the repercussions are seen. It might be in the form of birth defects or illnesses that won't go away, and it may be years before those manifest. By the time these things start showing up in Japan, people elsewhere may already have been exposed to harmful levels (long term exposure is the issue). I agree that we have to avoid fearmongering, but at the same time I'm not convinced our governments and media are telling us the truth about the potential dangers both in Japan and elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
and have been telling my friends to stay out of the rain.

Ingesting radiation is the worse
So wouldn't telling people to stop eating food be better than not going into the rain

Then I was going to say set up your own organic farm but then I thought the rain will get into the soil anyhow

How do we prepare ourselves?
Should I be buying Iodine tablets?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

ROFL. You are seriously going to eat anything cooked outdoors in any type of weather after fukushima? No way! There's going to be massive increases in cancer patients in the next couple years to come, watch and see. I've heard that radiation has been detected in water as far east as massachussets in the U.S.

Its that bad world wide imagine what Japan is like. Why the hell havent they evacuated the Japan yet? This is getting crazier the longer it goes on. I heard yesterday that there are cracks under the power plant and radioactive steam coming out, i wonder what part of the world THATS going to float to?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Maybe you should watch this vid on reports of things getting worst in Japan.

youtu.be...
edit on 18-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Paul Gunter, Beyond Nuclear joins Thom Hartmann. Meanwhile, Japan is not out of the danger zone...in fact the nuclear crisis is getting worse and worse! We've recently learned from Japan that the amount of radiation released was more than 20 times that from the Hiroshima bomb, and now it looks they may be experiencing the early stages of a total China Syndrome meltdown. And is the United States in danger too?

edit on 18-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Weird.

We had rain here in South East England a couple of weeks ago that felt slimy to touch, and left my window sill so sticky it was tough to open the window

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Meh.

Five months of steady, daily long-lived radioactive isotopes spewing out has a tendency to accumulate... But whatever, depending on which way the wind is blowing, some areas will randomly get hammered with high amounts and some won't.

*shrug*
*yawn*

Ah well, nothing unusual to see here folks... just normal background radiation.
Go back to sleep.

And besides, bioaccumulation of radiation in your food, water, and body over an extended period of time is good for you... it's just like eating a banana.

*cough*

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Just a question, is the value from the value too high when compared with normal? I read on some site that just the dust on a TV screen resulted in some 1,400 CPM.

Another question, could the solar panel be (at least partially) the reason behind the high count? What happens in a solar panel when the photos are turned into electricity?

PS: as anyone can see, I don't know a thing about this subject.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

if you go to this official health canada web site,,

you can recieve the latest information.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Check out the ATS threads for" background radiation " in the SEARCH, option

or search, Japan

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
not sure if i'm right about this, over a week ago I went for a jog, halfway through it starts to rain, but I could feel a burning sensation on my hands, each drop felt acidic. I realized that it could be acid rain so I started sprinting home.
I live in Vancouver. just a thought. hasn't rain since.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I understand Oklahoma also received heavily radioactive rain just recently

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
And again i will post these

Radioactive Xenon 133, 10th May, S-E Asia

Radioactive Xenon 133, 9th May, North American continent

Radioactive Xenon 133, 27th March, UK and Central Europe (having already gone over Nth American continent)

Radioactive iodine 131, 23rd April, North American Continent

Radioactive Cesium 137, 26th April, Leaving North American continent on it's way to Europe...did anyone say mystery e.coli bug in Europe? I say radiation poisoning.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I think it would be easier to compare those images if they were from the same periods, as they show only one day for each region, how can we know if the chart from North America is a result of the chart from Asia from a few days before that? Do you have any more of those charts?

Also, I don't see how we would have a radiation poisoning instead of an e-coli outbreak when the values in March were much higher in areas that were not affected by the e-coli outbreak (like Portugal) and the people responded to the treatment against e-coli.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join