posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
reply to post by ModernAcademia
The Canadian media is not reporting these stories anymore, and the government refuses to do any testing.
I went camping on the weekend and our grill was outside after making Portobello burgers and the grill was in the rain for a while, this was somewhat
close to Toronto My wife said she tasted a kerosene like salty taste.
Just curious, did you happen to use any fire starter to get the grill going? Charcoal grill? Portable propane?
Those zippo fire starter blocks (various brands) are actually mostly kerosene and could account for the taste if you didn't let it ash over long
enough before cooking. When I use them for campfires I give it a minimum of 30 minutes before i try to cook anything over it.
That said, a metallic salty taste could indeed be radiation exposure.
The rain is radioactive almost everywhere
Common misconception. The rain is carrying particulate that is radioactive, the water itself is not, just the material it is bring down close to the
Soapy water can be used to flush material from objects. clothing, unless rainproof, I'd just toss away fast,do NOT burn it.
Watch the jetstream forecasts and if you are on the west coast, well.... If I was on the west coast I would seriously limit the time I spend outside
in the rain, or after a rain fall.
edit on 18-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)