It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Hell Is This? Radioactive Rain In Toronto?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ROFL. You are seriously going to eat anything cooked outdoors in any type of weather after fukushima? No way! There's going to be massive increases in cancer patients in the next couple years to come, watch and see. I've heard that radiation has been detected in water as far east as massachussets in the U.S.

Its that bad world wide imagine what Japan is like. Why the hell havent they evacuated the Japan yet? This is getting crazier the longer it goes on. I heard yesterday that there are cracks under the power plant and radioactive steam coming out, i wonder what part of the world THATS going to float to?

Yes, it is possible.
When the radioactive rain from Tjernobyl hit Sweden..

It caused around 800 extra cancer patients.

More than 800 people in northern Sweden may have developed cancer as a result of the fallout of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear accident, a new study claims.

Link to BBC

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

The rain is radioactive almost everywhere

Common misconception. The rain is carrying particulate that is radioactive, the water itself is not, just the material it is bring down close to the ground.

Common pointless and incorrect nitpicking. Rain includes whatever particulates are in it. Therefore the rain is radioactive. I never said the water molecules were radioactive. Do you think people are too stupid to realize it is the radioactive heavy metals inside the rain making the rain radioactive? Seriously. Also note where I said "you mainly don't want to let it dry and the radioactive materials to dust up afterward", which you seemingly didn't bother reading.

That said, some of the water molecules are also radioactive -- any that contain tritium. I don't know whether it would be a significant amount, but in any case, tritium wouldn't be high on my list of the radioactive isotopes to worry about in rain.

Originally posted by tomten
Coal Ash is more Radioactive than Nuclear waste.

More disingenuous spin.

Coal ash, oil byproducts, none of those will have the most deadly particles, the ones which are short-half-life byproducts of nuclear reactors.

On the one hand, you are correct that rain was not nuke-free prior to Fukushima. However, given that people are getting BLISTERS from being in the rain, I have to say that it is certainly VERY BAD now. Look at the children around Chernobyl who died from being in the black rains. You may as well say "well, radon is everywhere, therefore it doesn't matter how many reactors explode." We all know that's an outright lie, and a million dead people from Chernobyl would like to have a word with you.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Observer99 because: addendum

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Could it be higher because the dust absorbed some of the solar radiation? The panels cannot absorb the dust, this is obvious, and after all they are out in the direct sunlight.......

The total solar energy absorbed by Earth's atmosphere, oceans and land masses is approximately 3,850,000 exajoules (EJ) per year.[6] In 2002, this was more energy in one hour than the world used in one year.[11][12] Photosynthesis captures approximately 3,000 EJ per year in biomass.[8] The amount of solar energy reaching the surface of the planet is so vast that in one year it is about twice as much as will ever be obtained from all of the Earth's non-renewable resources of coal, oil, natural gas, and mined uranium combined.[13]

Solar energy can be harnessed in different levels around the world. Depending on a geographical location the closer to the equator the more "potential" solar energy is available

en.wikipedia.org...

Wiping dust off of a solar radiation collector is a bad way to proove a radiation problem..........

Why did he only wipe the solar panels to begin with? Seems like a pretty sorry control, or lack of......

I say down with this Youtuber for less than scientific methods of figuring out a situation, if there is a situation to begin with

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
heres a good link to read if your trying to interpret the results from the op's video:

what does cpm mean?

basically the 20k cpm is really bad, although it was concentrated from wiping down a large surface area.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Why did he only wipe the solar panels to begin with? Seems like a pretty sorry control, or lack of......
Iwas expecting to see him point the detector (is that a Geiger counter?) to one of those cement blocks, that would be interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Just study normal jetstream maps. The movement is all from Fukushima (And dare I say some still from Chernobyl). The movement is always goes from Asia across the Pacific to Nth American continent then to Europe, Russia and back to Asia.

E.coli comment...agreed...but it gets you thinking what excuses they might use when it does start happening...and it will.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
Just study normal jetstream maps.
That's not enough, because those would not show the amount of radiation before, during and after the event.

E.coli comment...agreed...but it gets you thinking what excuses they might use when it does start happening...and it will.
If it happens in Portugal then I will know, we don't have forced medical internment, so people cannot be put in a hospital to hide it.

That happened with the bird-flu, there was a woman that refused to go to the hospital and nobody could do thing about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I live in a town called Roseburg Oregon where I have lived the majority of my life. Roseburg is known for having an extremely low wind velocity and pretty much no rain during the summer until about October.

Climate: Roseburg experiences a marine west coast climate like much of western Oregon, with cool winters and warm summers. The area experiences one of the warmest and sunniest climates in the Pacific Northwest, due to its southerly location within the region. Average high temperatures for Roseburg peak in the high 80s (°F) in early August, with December and January lows in the mid 30s. During the winter, rainfalls of 5-6 inches per month are not uncommon.[10] Summers are dry with little or no rain falling for several months.[11] Roseburg is known for its extremely low wind velocity - en.wikipedia.org...

After Fukushima happened I have noticed that the wind here has really picked up and we were getting Rain here until just about 2 weeks ago. Its like "Someone" is making sure that the radiation makes it into our ground water (Weather modification?)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ahh, I misunderstood.

That data, I don't expect can be found. This is the best I can supply and it only shows similar motions of radiation clouds. They have not been any uploaded since 8th May. On the 8th May it still looked as strong as day 1.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
sounds scary

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

And St Louis, and everywhere it seems.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
The rain is radioactive almost everywhere, but Canada is getting an especially large dose due to the jet stream from Japan. If you had been researching Fukushima, you would have known this already. Treat yourself and your rained-on possessions as radiologically contaminated, and act accordingly. I don't really know what to wash with if it gets onto your skin... but the larger concern is washing any clothes that got rained on (hopefully while still wet) and not letting the particles get dry and dust up around your house. The main goal IMO will be not breathing anything in.

Dish soap, and baking soda. Also buy some sodium iodide, even in the liquid form that is still around. Paint a huge rectangle, about 3 inches by 2 on your arm or more, often or daily. People here are greatly malnourished on the iodide. They did studies and found it was incredible, it not only prevents cancer of the thyroid, but flushes the body of heavy metals, runs many systems in your body, boosts your immune, and is an aid to curing diseases.

When they discovered that the atmospheric tests were going on, they had condemned many to die painful deaths of cancer and taken the US IQ down 12 SAT score points from 1945-1963.

And they replaced iodide with a poisonous chemical in salt that has cancer risks.

They did this TO KILL PEOPLE and make the pharma's a lot of money.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Too bad we don't know what's that thing he's using.

Is there any video of someone testing the ground instead of something they hold on their hand?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Fukushima: Toronto's radioactive rain sets record at 20 000cpm per square metre

This is part 3 of my measurements of the radioactivity falling on the north of GTA (Greater Toronto Area), Canada on August 14th 2011 at 17h55. Approximately 1 square metre of smooth surface wiped (glass, solar panels). Measured with a Eberline HP-260 Pancake Probe and with a Eberline E-140 counter. (Sorry for the crappy video quality, I was using my cell phone camera, I guess it's alright for a first upload...) I measured 20 000 cpm per square meter of wipe today!!! This is the all time record since I have been taking measurements since March 14th 2011 . Previous record was 10 000cpm (counts per minute).

Source with a new Video

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

It's not a new video, it's the same as the one in the Opening Post.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Betadine is what is needed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

More high readings in Toronto, gang.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
toronto is having a rain/lightning event,,as we type,,
"the sky is so weird"
seems to be the general comment,,

can lightning , do anything to cecium ? or whatever other isotopes, happen to be floating around,,
what if ,,,nawww
too heavy
lightning plus X = ????

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Rare Tornado Watch for Toronto,

so i guess,
its crunch time,
do you like this ATS, thread with the,,,,ATS THREAD, "Rare Tornado Watch for Toronto,"

well anyone??

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
From these we should ponder, radioactive substances cause

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join