It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa states comet Elenin is no threat to earth!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

Thanks for getting this up quickly. I'm happy to see NASA finally decided to mention something in one of the major MSM outlets for prime time coverage. Of course they forgot a couple pretty big details that define the event, but this is a GS rated spokesman who wants to keep his rating come next payday, so I suppose there are limits.

Now, if only they recap this tomorrow, REMEMBER to mention Elenin isn't alone but 1 of five NEO's with Yu-55 almost coming in right next to her on final approach, and perhaps even point out exactly where Elenin is going to be in relation to Earth as it passes. It's not distance that may matter a lot for Elenin, but relative positions in 3-D space while both are in motion. I can't blame NASA for leaving out that part... The 'garbage truck crossing the road in front of you' analogy I've used elsewhere probably wouldn't fly well to a general national audience with soundbite attention spans.

They are right though... 0 chance of Elenin itself hitting us unless there is a HUGE detail everyone's missed, but I really doubt something that big has been missed this late in the game.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
When the government tells us, it won't kill us. It usually will............

LMAO, Then none of us would exist right now.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Try not to be stupid, people.

Elenin is nothing but a bleep on the radar and is actually a codename.

Extinction
Level
Event
Nibiru
Is
Near

Get a grip on things, then sit back and just enjoy the show...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No No No, you have it all wrong! Its:

Everyone
Living
Everywhere
Needs
Intelligence
Now.

snrRog

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplodeThisExistence

I guess I would just politely ask for the real short summary version of real world evidence that anyone here can go independently look up later and check into the validity of. Thus far, everything said about Nibiru indicates one nightmare of an object coming in hot with a gravity well humans haven't seen in recorded history, anyway. The funny thing is, this nightmare isn't just invisible to the eye, it seems invisible to the laws of physics too. After all, Earth is just a little satellite to something as big as that is described...as are the outer planets it would be passing or already have passed, oddly without any apparent sign of disturbance.

Oh well.. Between the real Elenin and her little friends, the economy, Libya, Syria Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan, Solar Flare/CME events in the X range, Earthquakes and just the general feeling that life is out of balance in general, I have more than enough to lose sleep over without literally hunting for new things that can't even be seen.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Let's just prepare, wait and see

It's beyond our control...

Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I guess I would just politely ask for the real short summary version of real world evidence that anyone here can go independently look up later...

You dont need to look it up later, you can look it up now.
Comet Elenin is visible in any half decent backyard telescope. Find someone who has one, visit an astronomy group, check out some astronomy web forums, see some pictures that amateurs have taken from their back yard.
See it for yourself.

Thus far, everything said about Nibiru indicates one nightmare of an object coming in hot with a gravity well humans haven't seen in recorded history,

Excepting of course that there is not a single shred of evidence for it, and never has been.
(despite what lunatics have been putting on youtube videos)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Heartisblack

You're exactly right. Just look at all those times in the past century alone where people claimed we were going to be killed by some celestial object, the government denied it, and then all life was wiped out. I know I've been killed by asteroids, comets, etc. dozens of times.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

actually you are wrong, people have died recently because of falling asteroids and the government and the media lied to you about it

here's the link:

4_Asteroids_strike_earth_within_a_year_media_c overs_it_up.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Do you have the eyes to see?

No offense... but its strange how so many people on here are left brained and subjective, or totally dependent on this site alone. It took me a bit of meditation, then heavy research, to develop my discerning abilities and hit the jump off.

There's plenty of information on Nibiru, not all of it is correct. This object is self propelled and hiding behind the sun. I remember NASA archive videos by Bluebeard2012 on youtube showing it, that whole channel is now gone. At one point there were so many reports of a 'second sun' in the sky, it was everywhere. Then there are the psychic visions. Those are the ones that send chills down my spine...

This reality is deconstructing and the dark forces are heralding in their final agenda before humanities consciousness reaches realms far beyond their influence. I feel it, big time. What a rush!

That's all I have to say... In the meantime I'll stay somewhat detached and in self discovery mode, making the best of things, indulging, and maybe some rabbit hunting via .25 airgun. Later.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I believe this comet will do not do anything, just fly by.

but then again........

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
You've gotta choose one or the other, guys.

No they don't, that's the great thing about being a nut case, they can believe anything they want, despite evidence to the contrary. Then once their ridiculous theories are proven wrong, they can just move on to the next made up doomsday event, totally forgetting how foolish they just made themselves look. You just have to marvel at the way their brains are wired.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplodeThisExistence
Quote From Original:
Do you have the eyes to see? No offense... but its strange how so many people on here are left brained and subjective, or totally dependent on this site alone. It took me a bit of meditation, then heavy research, to develop my discerning abilities and hit the jump off. There's plenty of information on Nibiru, not all of it is correct. This object is self propelled and hiding behind the sun. I remember NASA archive videos by Bluebeard2012 on youtube showing it, that whole channel is now gone. At one point there were so many reports of a 'second sun' in the sky, it was everywhere. Then there are the psychic visions. Those are the ones that send chills down my spine... This reality is deconstructing and the dark forces are heralding in their final agenda before humanities consciousness reaches realms far beyond their influence. I feel it, big time. What a rush! That's all I have to say... In the meantime I'll stay somewhat detached and in self discovery mode, making the best of things, indulging, and maybe some rabbit hunting via .25 airgun. Later.

Okay, I appreciate your reply, but this is the nature of replies I always get with Nibiru. I, along with many others, have quoted direct factual numbers, dimensions, stats and links to photographs related to Elenin, Yu55, Honda, Apophis and Levy. At least to the extent such material exists...and on Levy, what is available in credible databases is limited. I was hoping for something similar to support the physical existence of Nibiru. I've been asking that for a long time now...and I suppose I'll still be asking on whatever day the Nibiru believers decide this is supposed to make closest pass to Earth, since I've yet to see a single link to a data set showing basic information like that. Anecdotes, info about what used to be online to see and data that is somewhere....but no one seems to know quite where....is what I'm avoiding entirely.

Thanks though, I continue my determined hunt for a solid fact on that one. There has to be one running loose somewhere.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: adding in quoted text...kinda

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I guess I would just politely ask for the real short summary version of real world evidence that anyone here can go independently look up later...

You dont need to look it up later, you can look it up now.
Comet Elenin is visible in any half decent backyard telescope. Find someone who has one, visit an astronomy group, check out some astronomy web forums, see some pictures that amateurs have taken from their back yard.
See it for yourself.

Thus far, everything said about Nibiru indicates one nightmare of an object coming in hot with a gravity well humans haven't seen in recorded history,

Excepting of course that there is not a single shred of evidence for it, and never has been.
(despite what lunatics have been putting on youtube videos)

Okay, let me start this by acknowledging the source of the problem here is mine to solve in the future. I'm rather new to the ATS format and the very high tempo these forums operate at. The Quote feature isn't something I'm accustomed to using, but I'd better learn fast. I'm realizing that in a serious way with confusion like this.

Here is the message I was replying to:

Elenin is nothing but a bleep on the radar and is actually a codename.

Extinction
Level
Event
Nibiru
Is
Near

Get a grip on things, then sit back and just enjoy the show...
_________

I was refering 100% to Nibiru in asking for some kind of proof. I've written a few messages (not a new thread on ATS, though) on the general facts, figures, projected paths and projected effects of all 5 Asteroids and Comets coming through January. I feel like Elenin is a personal friend or something by the hours spent recently reading everything I can find of a factual nature about her and the other 4. Like I said...confusion in thinking I was talking about the existence of Elenin was entirely my fault. I intend to use that Quote feature and make such things clearer on my replies going forward.

Thanks for not being more vicious in your reply to a post which would have been incredibly ignorant if I'd been referring to Elenin instead of Nibiru.
(some will think doubting Nibiru is ignorant anyway..) I honestly would have deserved worse than you gave.....lol

edit on 17-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think it's exactly what NASA says it is.. a comet. Everyone should worry about not being able to see an object right away in our solar system, but there is no Nibiru. Internet hype has built this crap up so much, and yes NASA doesn't give full answers all the time but I'm sorry I don't think NASA would just let us burn in a ball of fire while they fly off our planet safely to Mars or whatever crazy nonsense other ATS members come up with sometimes.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Too bad you have no actual idea what a comet is,, and even Nasa refuses to talk about it really...

I for one do not believe anything they say publicly, since they have not provided proof EVER.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by 31Bravo

Too bad you have no actual idea what a comet is,, and even Nasa refuses to talk about it really...

I for one do not believe anything they say publicly, since they have not provided proof EVER.

Apparently you don't have any idea of what a comet is, if you're worried about it.. and how in the heck would you know? You must be a prophet, or psychic since you're able to penetrate my mind and tell ME what I know.. that's amazing
NASA refuses to talk about Elenin? There is a plethra of articles out there relating to Elenin *cough* www.nasa.gov *cough* you need to just goto google and type NASA and Elenin in the search bar and WHALLA!

If, perhaps, you mean NASA doesn't it give it the attention all knowing Phage's, like yourself, is probably because it's simply a wimpy comet.. no different from any other comet that has passed earth centuries before this came to be such a big deal. If you are seriously upset by any of this you really need to study the basics of astrology, stop making a statements to members posts as if you know more then they do before you even have talked to them.

31b
edit on 18-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have mentioned this before on several threads. Impact, gravity and trails are not what we should worry about. These are the things that don''t get talked about:

1. Size of nucleus - Cannot be accurately calculated due to ever brightening cloud.
2. Size of magnetic field - This grows as cloud gets bigger due to particle ionisation
3. Strength off magnetic field - Incalculable, need instrumentation at object site
4. Affect of magnetic fields on object attitude - Irregular objects have irregular magnetic fields

Not for a minute saying anything will happen but to discount the possibilty out of hand is naive in the extreme.

Anology: A full glass only needs one drop to overflow.

We don't have all the information so how can we predict with certainty what will happen.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

NASA refuses to talk about Elenin? There is a plethra of articles out there relating to Elenin

Ahh but you've missed the trick that all of the ATS doomsayer nutjobs play, 1 person says something, and it's true, no need to look it up or investigate, bluedude420 said it was true in a youtube comment, so it's true.

NASA has been refusing to release any information on Elenin since day one. But see, NASA is so evil they devised an ingenious way to hide this information from you.

By continually posting tons of information on it, including orbital diagrams.

Those hideous bastids! You can't keep the truth from me NASA!

A comet is an icy, small Solar System body which, when close enough to the Sun, displays a visible coma (a thin, fuzzy, temporary atmosphere) and sometimes also a tail. These phenomena are both due to the effects of solar radiation and the solar wind upon the nucleus of the comet. Comet nuclei range from a few hundred meters to tens of kilometers across and are composed of loose collections of ice, dust, and small rocky particles. Comets have been observed since ancient times and have traditionally been considered bad omens.

Source

Holy crap batman, that's a lot of data being kept from the public:
NASA.gov Elenin Search Results
edit on 18-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Probably one of them best responses I've ever gotten!
thank you.. but yeap watch NASA make a liar out of me and 404 everything
You're right.. I could hold the smoking gun in front of someone and it won't change their mind. I just can't wait for 2013.. that will be a great year, and I will be glowing with an 'I told ya so' attitude all year.

edit on 18-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
No they don't, that's the great thing about being a nut case, they can believe anything they want, despite evidence to the contrary. Then once their ridiculous theories are proven wrong, they can just move on to the next made up doomsday event, totally forgetting how foolish they just made themselves look. You just have to marvel at the way their brains are wired.

Unless your Nancy Leider and just claim you were wrong on purpose to test the reaction of the governments.

-saige-

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join