It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa states comet Elenin is no threat to earth!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by saige45

Shh you have to be "open minded".
Throw all proven science out the window, In favor of what's on blogs and youtube.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation

And here I thought quoting 4 sources was open-minded.

Oh I forgot the rule. Find one that disproves all other proven and recognized theories and throw them all out with exception to the one that disproves the proven and recognized theories. I guess I'll go and search on GLP now. Or maybe, I'll find out what Nancy has to say on the subject. She'd probably reply with something along the lines of, "All your base are belong to us."

-saige-

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by saige45

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Just asking, thought I had brought up some valid points but no-one seems to want to question the scientific validity of them.

Instead of bashing each other for the opinions you hold why not put forward opinions that actually involve someone providing proof that said opinions are invalid.

I have mentioned this before on several threads. Impact, gravity and trails are not what we should worry about. These are the things that don''t get talked about:

1. Size of nucleus - Cannot be accurately calculated due to ever brightening cloud.
2. Size of magnetic field - This grows as cloud gets bigger due to particle ionisation
3. Strength off magnetic field - Incalculable, need instrumentation at object site
4. Affect of magnetic fields on object attitude - Irregular objects have irregular magnetic fields

Not for a minute saying anything will happen but to discount the possibilty out of hand is naive in the extreme.

Anology: A full glass only needs one drop to overflow.

We don't have all the information so how can we predict with certainty what will happen.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

Elenin does not have a magnetic field. It is made of inert substances meaning it is impossible for it to produce a magnetic field in anyway.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is, when suddenly all of the top ranking military, political and uber powerful people in the world go missing its time to kiss your ass goodbye.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

Very interesting, it's not the first time I've seen an article like this, but it is one of the first from NASA, I've also found this article:

news.discovery.com...

I have no idea if this has already been posted anywhere, but enjoy it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join