It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron pledges non-military 'national service' for 16-year-olds across the country and vows to ov

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
media.causes.com...

Obama is apparently creating his own brownshirts, so why not? Geez...is seriously nobody at all within the American or English governments aware of history? At all?!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Absolutely NOT !

Anyone who thinks that this is a good idea fails to understand that History repeats itself.

Anyone remember learning of the NAZI Youth Brigades in school ?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Start of the 'crackdown'?

Who knows?

Like others have stated the first thing that sprang to mind was 'Hitler Youth' - the similarities are instantly recognisable.
I'm absolutely certain it will be a 'mind and body' programme.

Before the riots gave Cameron an opportunity to manipulate events for his own purposes his 'advisers' were expressing concern at his complete failure to get people to connect and buy in to his 'Big Society' vision.
He certainly hasn't been slow in getting it back on the political agenda.

And as for remeniscing for the 'good ol' days' well bollocks to that says I!

Those days when you 'could leave your door open at night' only existed because no-one had anything to rob.
Everday life for the majority of people was drudgery interspersed with drunkeness and violence.

And that's what Cameron wants to take us back to - some sort of Victorianesque society with all it's hypocrisy, double standards and inequalities.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

This war on "gangs" sounds so hilariously similar to the "War on Terror" and the "War on Drugs". All of which are based upon lies to unite the people against a "common enemy" created by the government.

I swear if people don't wake up soon, I really do hope a natural disaster does it for us and earthquakes destroy all the bunkers the elite built to hide in.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Better have him write in a Right to bear arms in that Bill of Rights, but somehow i dont see THAT hapenning, bloody jackals are trying to have it removed world wide.
edit on 15-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

We don't want it thankyou very much. There's a big enough problem here with knives...the last thing we want is morons with guns !!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I want to add in that I have recently discovered information here and elsewhere implicating -- no, EXPOSING -- the corruption of English MPs and their ilk.

A lot of UK citizens on here seem to vilify the USA like schoolyard bullies do a victim. I had actually come to think that England wasn't in as bad shape as the USA, and were sorta laughing at it.

But it turns out the corruption there is just as flagrant. Some of my ancestors came from England and Scotland, others from Germany/Poland/Russia and Scandinavia. ALL left their homelands to find freedoms and what they thought would be a better way of life. Some went to Canada, others to the USA.

I cringe to think how they must view what's happening now...and there's nowhere left to go. Maybe Alaska. Or the 'Stans of central Asia. I dunno.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

We don't need to go anywhere - we need an overhaul of our current politicians and hope that we can find a party that is willing to serve the electorate not rule it.

The problem is that there is no-one in politics with a vision or set of ideals anymore, as I said earlier, it has become the norm for politics as a career choice with an eye to how many boards can be sat on post term with the other eye on the house of lords.
Our politicians now are almost synonimous with the robber barons of medieval England.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I actually think some form of national service would be beneficial to youngsters in the UK. It doen't have to be a military experience. There are plenty of things we could get young people involved with in this country. I think if you get the right combination of youth worker and some ex armed forces working together to improve both the discipline and general out look for young people, it could be very successful, if implemented with the right intentions.

Young lads want excitement, they need it, if this could be provided in a safe environment with trained professionals and an educational element thrown in, I'm sure youngsters would gain a lot from the experience.

"Geezers need excitement, if their lives don't provide them this, they incite violence...common sense, simple common sense" Mike Skinner.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I agree with you, I just don't want to see it initiated as a knee jerk response to recent events delivered as a sound bite.
Our kids are now forced to live risk and responsibility free lives where unrealistically competition is considered a bad thing. Young men have and always will need a rite of passage which is something our society has no way of delivering.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

And in light of Cameron's insistence on pushing through the 'austerity cuts' just who is going to pay for this?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

And in light of Cameron's insistence on pushing through the 'austerity cuts' just who is going to pay for this?

"The Big Society"?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join