It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey issues 'final word' to Syria otherwise ``steps will be taken``

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
And this might be how NATO's war against Syria and Iran will begin.

Turkey issues 'final word' to Syria

FM Davutoglu tells Assad violence must end immediately and unconditionally, otherwise 'steps will be taken'

So is this just talk... talk is cheap after all and it's not the first time Turkey says something like this... but this is the biggest threat from Turkey so far.

We shall see since there's no way Syria stops the violent crackdown.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Very good news as it seems there are plenty of countries lining up to take out these thugs. After Syria we can hit Iran then deal with N.Korea real quick on our way to Venezuela. Sounds like it's shaping up nicely.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would not want to mess with the Turks.

"steps will be taken" seems kind of ambiguous.

However, the Turks really are not known for their bluffing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

What exactly have Iran and Venezuela done to merit such "liberation"?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Venezuela threatened to cut off the oil we get from them and Iran has a funny spelling.

It was a joke that apparantly wasn't funny

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Ah, I actually suspected you were being sarcastic, but wasn't sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They mean more steps beyond just arming the Syrian rebels and giving them a place to meet back in June?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Nice one.

Attack a nuclear weapons capable country(N Korea). A country of 80 million inhabitants whose leadership have the capability to respond with unknown, possibly catastrophic asymmetrical warfare (Iran).

Venezuela? Probably because Chavez is the new 'Hitler'. Or is that Ahmadinejad? I get lost on who is the new Hitler over the steady drumbeat of the warmongering.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Very strong diplomatic language from Turkey!

If I was Assad I would listen indeed!

The last thing I would want is a very well equipt Turkish army with 1,150,000 hard as nails Turks swarming over the border.

I bet Israel is listening too!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
you can bet you house that they are not saying this without already having this planned out with the us. cant you see as with lybia we are having "nato" commit these attrocities, now turkey will be the "voice" on syria as russia also reminded assad of a grim fate also. however, believe you me, the us is the nuts and bolts behind this path to world dominance i guarantee it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
FINALLY! American Doesn't have to be world police AND injustices get righted!

My Gosh, I was so worried that the United States would get involved again. This is a good thing for all of us. We must make sure that the International Community has the ability to stand on it's own two feet without the United States. We have our own problems to correct, and we can not be everywhere at once, I wish that we had the ability to, but we do not. If the nations of the world are able to handle this injustice without our backing, then the stability of the world looks to be more guaranteed than I would have originally assumed. We can only wait and watch the developing story to see where this will go.

August 18th is an interesting Date....beginning of the 5th night (some of you just rolled your eyes
)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yes, I posted this as well:

Turkey has never been known for bluffing, not even back when they were the Ottoman empire. They say what they mean and mean what they say.

The question is, will the measures be of the armed variation or merely economic?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Which steps are they taking?

The step ladders from the window washer or the front porch steps?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Uh oh...

BREAKING NEWS: #Turkey is setting up a buffer zone on its border with Syria, CNNTürk reports

Thing is, will the buffer zone be INSIDE SYRIA or inside Turkey?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This buffer zone has been being planned since June.....

Now they have decided to start implementing it.

You know this was coming if you're paying attention

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, if Turkey will play it wise and will continue to help refugees while pressuring Assad with economical tools they will gain points in Arab world and vs US/NATO.
If they will invade even part of Syria though - hmmm. You have to understand that Ottoman empire ruled the area less then 100 years ago. There are historical issues so i think that Turkey will meet opposition and Assad will be able to gain support as one that fights foreign imperialistic invader that wants to recapture proud nation of Syria. Other countries in Middle East will also be wary. Not a wise move.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

What's interesting is that it's two months to the day...

Iranian, US ambassadors have surprise meetings with Turkish deputy PM

The Iranian and American ambassadors to Turkey had unscheduled separate meetings with Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdağ yesterday at the Prime Ministry.

Also on Tuesday, Prime Minister Erdoğan met with Chief of General Staff Gen. Necdet Özel and the commanders of the army, navy, gendarmerie and air force at his office.

So let's see.... the Turkish government meets with the Iranian ambassador (don't go into Syria) and the American ambassador (we got your back) and then he meets with his military leader (let's plan this)...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Update...

Turkey rejects buffer zone on Syrian border: report

Turkey does not plan to create a buffer zone on its border with Syria, in the throes of a brutal crackdown on anti-regime protesters, the Turkish defence minister said Tuesday.

"We do not want to create a new border with mines or a buffer zone," the Anatolia news agency quoted Ismet Yilmaz as saying in Sivas in central Turkey.

"On the contrary, we legislated a law to clean the minefield between Syria and us," Yilmaz said, when asked whether Turkey has considered a buffer zone on the border with its southern neighbor.

Clearing the area of mines... for invasion later?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here we go then..

Notice Libya Is coming to end In the coming weeks too, time to focus on Syria.
This has has all been planned a long time ago and Is going to plan.
Irans next after Syria.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
www.dp-news.com...

Found this.
Pretty much the same tempo from Turkey although they seem to actually be putting things forward, cutting ties ect..
edit on 17-8-2011 by Zakka because: (no reason given)

top topics

join