It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey to create military 'buffer zone' within Syria for refugees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Turkey to create military 'buffer zone' within Syria for refugees

www.teleg raph.co.uk

Turkey is planning to create a military "buffer zone" for refugees inside the country as protests against the Assad regime spiral, it was claimed on Thursday.

Government sources told a leading Turkish newspaper that soldiers could be sent in to Syria to set up a "safe haven" under plans being considered should the flood of those fleeing the fighting worsened.
"We would close the border but we cannot turn our back," a Turkish official told the newspaper, Hurriyet. "If chaos starts, then we will have to form a security zone or a buffer zone inside Syrian territory."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
here we go, getting involved and through NATO article 5 an attack by Syrian soldiers on Turkish soldiers is the pretext needed to bomb the crap out of Assad as well as Gaddafi.

would be a marked escalation of the crisis and seriously alarm Damascus,

No kidding!!!!

First great war of the 21st century shortly underway..... Iran/Hezbollah are going to be involved in proxy and then directly.

China/Russia will continue to refuse to vote on Syrian sanctions and all options will be on the table for all sides. Euro-style Lehmann bust imminent and so where will they find another 750 billion euros the ECB just said is needed!

www.teleg raph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-6-2011 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HisMajesty

don't worry, victory is certain. Time is on our side, with more money and more troops - the leaders will say as always.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Not sure why Turkey thinks they have the right to invade Syrian territory. Should be an interesting situation, that would make them just as wrong as Israel has been for 50 years.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i have a bad feeling in my stomack

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Add to this a recent article on infowars.com (yeah, I know, infowars) about U.S. naval forces being sent off coast of Syria, and information about possible deployment of forces from Fort Hood, and voila! We have here another piece of the plan for western control of the ME. And another action as told by Gen. Wesley Clark, concerning a memo sent out by the WH in late 2001. A plan that involved an attack on Syria. The 5 year plan that is taking longer than intended.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
the first great war of the 21st century began here in the us on september 11 and for a decade it has spiraled out of control from afghanistan to iraq to pakistan to yemen and libya

a snowball effect that led to the uprisings in north africa and the entire middle east. and to the current point of syria

compound the problem is nato involvement because they are still in afghanistan and now libya making a us problem the worlds.

and now turkey who refused to help the us in afghanistan and now aiding syrian "refugees"

this whole deal is becoming more of a cluster you know what than ever before and increases by the day.

had "bin laden never attacked the us" we would all not be where we are today.

maybe it is part of a master plan but sooner or later the shtf will hit the fan.

everything we are doing is making the situation more worse and destablizing the situation even more.

someone who has some common sense needs to step up and say enough is enough.

i had always thought that the end of the world would start with a small event that snowballs and cascades into the destruction of the world and with the timing of 2012 prophecy its looking like that day is coming sooner rather than later.
edit on 16-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah, let's just close the border and let those innocent people running from murder stay trapped inside. As long as it's not me, I don't care. If we all just act like nothing is happening it'll go away.

top topics

join