It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Prophecy of All Time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

So believe on Jesus, faith, and follow Jesus' commandments gives you eternal life.

WOW!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Yes it's true, we see the Internet fulfills Matthew 24:14.

Another confirmation of our times soon to happen. Written in Scripture and confirmed by prophecy. People ask where is the Great Warning in the Bible?

- - - - -
GOD SPEAKS WILL YOU LISTEN
June, 07

The Secrets of Man's Heart

...My people lay aside your secret sins. Focus on your Jesus, not on this world. Remove the sins from your life now in the hour of mercy by the light of my spirit. All of mankind will soon have my light shine into their souls. Will you be able to withstand that day? Or will you cry to the rocks and the mountains to cover you and to try and hide from my presence? Better to be humble in my sight today than to wait until that hour. Take advantage of my mercies and graces today. For now is the acceptable time. Now is the day of salvation. Do not presume on my mercy. Cleanse your soul in my precious blood and make your soul acceptable in my sight today. The words of the Lord.

Revelation 6:12-17
And I saw, when he had opened the sixth seal, and behold there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair: and the whole moon became as blood: [13] And the stars from heaven fell upon the earth, as the fig tree casteth its green figs when it is shaken by a great wind: [14] And the heaven departed as a book folded up: and every mountain, and the islands were moved out of their places. For the great day of their wrath is come, and who shall be able to stand? [15] And the kings of the earth, and the princes, and tribunes, and the rich, and the strong, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of mountains: [16] And they say to the mountains and the rocks: Fall upon us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth upon the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb: [17] For the great day of their wrath is come, and who shall be able to stand?

- - - - -

To relate to the thread subject, the Great Warning is there in Scripture.

I hope no one minds my bumping up this confirmation on the Great Warning. The messages from Heaven
say confession, confession, confession *now* to prepare. We will only feel the pain of UNCONFESSED sins when
we experience, we are all shown our lives (NDE like) in review.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Heres a better one...

34But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.

35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38This is the first and great commandment.

39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Not to mention what Colbe said...

Without works belief/faith is nothing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I don't know exactly the OP's belief but here's a fact, "Faith Alone" is heresy. You can quote John 3:16, basing your eternal life on one verse ignoring the rest of the Gospel, that's no good. Our justification involves our lives lived not just having faith. With the help of God's grace we choose to follow Christ in our actions...our works.

James 2:17
So faith also, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

James 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

James 2:26
For even as the body without the spirit is dead; so also faith without works is dead.

James 2:22
Seest thou, that faith did co-operate with his works; and by works faith was made perfect?

James 2:14
What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him?

Apocalypse (Revelation) 2:19
I know thy works, and thy faith, and thy charity, and thy ministry, and thy patience, and thy last works which are more than the former.

I agree with you on this. If we are true soldiers of the Lord then it only makes sense that we share the message with others. “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops." Matthew 10:27

Everyone will be judged according to their works.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Heres a better one...

34But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.

35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38This is the first and great commandment.

39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Not to mention what Colbe said...

Without works belief/faith is nothing.

I can agree with that

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I just want to add that in a similar note, for hundreds of years people argued that the reference to the two witnesses must have been allegory because it was impossible for the whole world to see their bodies lying in the street:

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

It was the "see" part that gave people so much trouble accepting this, because before TV it seemed impossible. Then TV came along, but still people weren't sure that ALL nations would be able to see this event since TVs are still not widely available in all parts of the world. But now we have computers and smart phones in pretty much every corner of the earth, and suddenly it's not hard at all to imagine this prophecy being fulfilled exactly as described.

Originally posted by skjalddis
Except it isn't the message of Jesus that has been preached around the world - it is the dogma of this church or that church, and they are not the same thing.

That's true, but the main message is that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and that He is the only path to God. Although there are many different Christian churches, they all do preach this particular message.

Originally posted by summer5
If that were the case, that you only had to believe, by faith, in him...then why did he give this warning?

Jesus warned,

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.(Matthew 7:13-14)

He was warning that there would be many people who carry the "Christian" label, but don't have Christ in their heart. And we see exactly that these days, look at all the pedophile priests for example.

Originally posted by summer5
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

So you can call him "Lord" and believe in him, yet he will say he NEVER knew you.

There's no indication in that passage that these people "believe in him" until it's too late. IE, they may be using His name for gain (think TV evangelists asking for all your money), but they never had Him in their hearts. Then when He returns they find themselves locked out of the wedding party and bang on the door to get in claiming they did all that in His name when really it was in their own name. What He is saying is don't try to fool Him with words because He knows what's really in our hearts.

edit on 15-8-2011 by SavedOne because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Does killing off entire nations count as spreading this Word? If so, then excellent prophecy! People should have payed more attention to it so they could have killed off the Christians before they killed them. ATS would be such a nicer place if the rapture came and took all you idiots "home".

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
Matthew 24:14

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

How was Jesus, who some say was just an ordinary man, able to make such an accurate prediction? What made him think that his message would really reach that far. It would be different if he said the message would spread throughout their land, but Jesus made the claim that the message would be heard world wide and to all nations. That's a pretty bold prediction for those days.

As we can see today with our own eyes the message of Jesus is still being spread all over the world, he has the most followers and believers the world has ever seen. Regardless of what your thoughts are about Jesus I don't think anyone can over look this prophecy, the mere fact that this prophecy is being played out right before our eyes says alot about Jesus and the message he was spreading at the time.

IMO this is The Greatest Prophecy of All Time.
edit on 15-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

While I do not dispute that this prophecy of Jesus has come true on a significant scale, I would question whether this can be used as proof of the veracity of the Christian teaching.

When considering such prophecies, it is too easy to develop tunnel vision and attach more significance to them than they deserve. I suggest that if you step back and look at the big picture and the context of human history,you may see this prophecy a little differently.

There have been many world leaders (Genghis Khan, Darius I, Nebuchadnezzar, Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar) who made bold claims about how far their influence would spread and these claims came true. However, this does not prove that we should follow their ideology.

We can also look at the other major world religions, many of which have also spread all over the world. And if we look at Islam in particular, I think it is very difficult to determine whether Christianity or Islam has spread more pervasively throughout the world. So what does this say about the validity of either religion? And if we could summarize atheism into a single ideology, it can be argued that it is a significant worldwide belief. Does this prove atheism?

My point is this:
1. The boldness of the claim and subsequent fulfillment of the claim does not necessarily prove the inerrant nature of the claimant. Further evidence is needed to establish that.
2. Wide dissemination of a message does not prove its validity.

Building our belief on false logic can be just as treacherous as holding to an incorrect belief.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You claim to tear the Gospel a part in the other threads you post in, but you aren't really doing a good job here..?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Well, he had a 50/50 chance (It either will spread across the world or it wont)....He could have very easily gotten lucky.

I predict that in 2000 years, religion will be irrelevant.....Let's see if I come out on top with MY 50/50 chance.
edit on 15-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Does killing off entire nations count as spreading this Word? If so, then excellent prophecy! People should have payed more attention to it so they could have killed off the Christians before they killed them. ATS would be such a nicer place if the rapture came and took all you idiots "home".

Patience my friend, you and the one on your shoulder (avatar) will have your time to shine

For it is written: "17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Revelation 12:17

"He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time." Daniel 7:25

"Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished." Daniel 12:7

In the meantime just suck it up, because God has alot to say before He hands us over

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Living in a state of love is intoxicating, and catching......but much ado about a man?

There have been many folks that have lived a life of love, that is how we are now therefore all priests in the order... ?

Does't mean to hold a "thing" in an ideal but the idea that person wanted to portray, and a life lived in love matters much no matter how one makes it "look".

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This is the basis of salvation through faith alone. If works were involved in our salvation there would be no need for Christ dying on the cross. Jesus paid the price for the sins of all mankind for all time. Weather we accept that or not is the basis of our own salvation. Works are demonstrations of our faith and the only people whose works will be judged are those who have accepted Christ by faith in the first place. That judgement will not be a heaven/ hell judgement but it will be a judgement of the intent of our works for rewards.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think they had a pretty limited knowledge as to the extent of "the world" back then..

just sayin.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
RTS, you did good. This is always a tough crowd. The love of God is surely in your heart to have such patience. Like many, I have also had to study all my life to even begin to get a decent understanding, and am grateful that the Word got to me. To know that it has traveled the world is indeed great news. I appreciate your thread and look forward to hearing from you again...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

This is the basis of salvation through faith alone. If works were involved in our salvation there would be no need for Christ dying on the cross. Jesus paid the price for the sins of all mankind for all time. Weather we accept that or not is the basis of our own salvation. Works are demonstrations of our faith and the only people whose works will be judged are those who have accepted Christ by faith in the first place. That judgement will not be a heaven/ hell judgement but it will be a judgement of the intent of our works for rewards.

micmerci,

I posted today in another thread about Catholic prophecy and the comet, many, many, not all of them, verses
in the Gospel which state it is faith and works not faith by itself that justifies us. Jesus opened Heaven with His suffering death on the cross, Our Lord's death doesn't cover the consequences of our sins or justify us.
"Faith Alone" came from Martin Luther's head not God. Trust me. When Our Lord is/was negative about "works" He is speaking of false works not good works. One example, the pretentious laws that meant nothing handed down from the righteous Pharisees. "Works are our demonstration of faith" but always we choose to do a good work, they are not automatic. We are not robots. Notice Scripture below and better than I can say:

blessings,

- - - - -

Some non-Catholic Christians insist that it is the faith that does the work in us not we ourselves. Faith (God's gift to man through His Word / Eph 2:8; Rom 10: 17) is a necessary motivation for us to obey BUT IT DOES NOT make us obey. Man has a choice to resist or yield, therefore the obedience is our responsibility. It is our obedience in response to faith that brings justification (and Eternal Life). Justification then brings "perfect" or "complete" faith, the proof we have that Eternal Life (See John 3:36!). Further, Eternal Life is something we possess in degrees and that corresponds to how close we have grown to Christ. It is Eternal Life we are given not a promise of the eternal possession of that life. That Life, however, is so powerful that nothing in all the universe, but one's own self will and sin, can remove us from Christ's hand (Romans 8:35-39).

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oh my, I realized just now, it was this thread not the Comet thread where I posted "faith and works" verses
from Scripture. Did you see them all, they are on this page Mic?

take care,

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

I don't know exactly the OP's belief but here's a fact, "Faith Alone" is heresy. You can quote John 3:16, basing your eternal life on one verse ignoring the rest of the Gospel, that's no good. Our justification involves our lives lived not just having faith. With the help of God's grace we choose to follow Christ in our actions...our works.

James 2:17
So faith also, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

James 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

James 2:26
For even as the body without the spirit is dead; so also faith without works is dead.

James 2:22
Seest thou, that faith did co-operate with his works; and by works faith was made perfect?

James 2:14
What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him?

Apocalypse (Revelation) 2:19
I know thy works, and thy faith, and thy charity, and thy ministry, and thy patience, and thy last works which are more than the former.

I agree with you on this. If we are true soldiers of the Lord then it only makes sense that we share the message with others. “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops." Matthew 10:27

Everyone will be judged according to their works.

God bless RealTruth.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I recently begin reading William Bramley's book gods of Eden and thought his claims were way more interesting and consistent then the television series. Bramley explains his theories on how aliens have had a long-lasting mostly negative impact on human existence. He begins with the ancient Sumerian texts in which the Sumerians write about how the gods became tired of mining on their own and created a new species by putting a god to death and mixing it with clay, a process that was possibly genetic engineering. The end result was homo sapien sapiens, a byproduct of the gods and the original homo sapiens. The original homo sapiens or homo sapien neanderthalensis also disappeared at the same time homo sapiens sapiens appeared suggesting that the gods might have exterminated the original homo sapiens to make room for the new slave race. Ancient tablets credit one god in particular EA as being creator of the slave race. EA is described as being sympathetic to his creation fighting for them to gain spiritual knowledge in contrast to his half-brother Enlil who wanted them to suffer and would call for famines and plagues when they got too noisy. Eventually Enlil called for a great flood to wipe out the homo sapiens. It seems to be agreed that many archeologists believe there was a great flood in the near east thousands of years ago. The Epic of Gilgamesh claims how a Babylonian named Utnapishtim was approached by EA and told that a wipe out of homo sapiens sapiens was planned. He was instructed to gather his family and livestock and build a ship to survive the flood which they did. This story is strikingly similar to Noah's ark as is the story of Adam and Eve. The god or lord god of the bible's Adam and Eve can be translated as the original god of earth. The story which is entirely symbolic says how Adam who is first man, was created by god from the dust of ground an idea reflected from the older belief that people were created partly with clay. Adam's wife Eve was also created artificially and they lived in the Garden of Eden where they were told that all of their physical needs would be met as long as they obeyed their masters and stayed in the garden. They were also told never to eat fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil which symbolizes an understanding of ethics and justice or the tree of life which represents how to retain one's spiritual identity and immortality. A snake convinces them to eat fruit from the tree and become like the gods. The gods did not want mankind to be able to spiritually recover as it would be difficult to make people who maintained their integrity and sense of ethics slaves and even harder when those same individuals are undowed by physical threats because of a reawakened grasp of their spiritual immortality. The gods wanted to permanently attach the spiritual beings to their bodies so they used the flaming sword to prevent them from gaining spiritual knowledge and never rising above material existence. A common misconception is that Adam and Eve were embarrassed about being naked as they ate from the tree of knowledge but it was not being naked that shamed them it was what nakedness represented. Ancient Mesopotamian records depict human beings as being naked while working while the gods were fully clothed. The implication is that Adam and Eve were degraded by their nakedness because it was the sign of their enslavement not that being naked in itself is bad. The brotherhood of the snake was created by EA and was devoted in the beginning to helping humans achieve spiritual salvation however were incapable to do so much like the snake in the Adam and Eve. EA was villonized his title changed from Prince of Earth to Prince of darkness and was labeled Satan or the mortal enenmy of a supreme being and keeper of hell. The brotherhood of the snake created a group of one god religions that such as Islam,Christianity, and Judiasm to keep people divided and created apocalyptic beliefs that constant final battles are necessary to achieve a new period of spiritual salvation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join